The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

2. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Should have been on Netflix

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly, but with it being a teen drama I'm guessing they are going in a different direction with the CloakandDagger story that
    probably wouldn't fit in the Marvel Netflix Universe.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the characters other than what I've seen in passing over the years. Never read their books. That said, I'm down for this.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Interesting, even I had cloak and dagger comic books. Don't remember anything about them tho, other than they seemed to be very mystical.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

7. samson1701

I think they began catching on just as I was moving away from comics. I would still pop into my local comics shop from time to time, but I wasn't collecting anything by that time.

But, this show looks promising. It will be interesting to have two black led superhero shows out at the same time. Over on the CW, Black Lightening will be, too, I believe. Though, I'm expecting that to be cancelled relatively soon after it's debut. There's a reason that show isn't going to be part of the greater DCW television universe.

8. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    From ceshira.deviantart.com

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Didn't know where to put this, seems like the right place!!lol
    (I think I might end up buying one of these joints.)
    At 1:43 this beast is eating MICE.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

11. samson1701

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to rediscovering Cloak and Dagger. Was excited to know that they are coming to tv, but I literally fall behind on all shows so I'll probably just end up buying the bluerays.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Live-Action TITANS series and YOUNG JUSTICE Return To Launch New DC Digital Service

[​IMG]

Warner Bros. is launching a DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service in 2018 with a new live-action Titans series and the previously-announced rejuvenated Young Justice animated series as its first shows.

Titans will feature Dick Grayson (no codename given), Starfire, Raven, and others to be named. The live-action show will be written and executive produced by Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, and Greg Berlanti, with Sarah Schechter also executive producing.

“Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe,” reads the Warner Bros. press release. “In this action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. Titans is a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever.”

Back in February 2016 TNT announced that it had passed on a live-action Titans series from Warner Bros., with Johns responding at the time saying the project was still very much alive. Goldsman was the primary writer of TNT's Titans, so this new Titans seems to be a continuation of that project.

“We [at DC] have known about [Turner nixing Titans] for months and months and months. That’s not new news to us," Johns, who coincidentally wrote the Teen Titans series for a time, told TVLine. “We have plans for Titans. It’s a huge piece of DC and we have plans.”

Furthermore, the includion of DC-CW mega-producer Greg Berlanti lends credence that this new live-action Titans would be in continuity with with those shows despite being on a different network.

The revived Young Justice will jump from the Warner Bros.-owned Cartoon Network to appear on this DC digital service under the new name of Young Justice: Outsiders for its third season.

“In Young Justice: Outsiders, the teenage Super Heroes of the DC Universe come of age in an animated world of super-powers, Super-Villains and super secrets,” reads Warner Bros.’s press release. “In the highly anticipated new season, the team faces its greatest challenge yet as it takes on meta-human trafficking and the terrifying threat it creates for a society caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy.”

Back in November, Warner Bros. fully acquired the digital service Machinima, which had aired the animated series Justice League: Gods & Monsters and was previously pegged in 2015 to air a live-action Dial H for Hero revamp titled #4Hero and a contest show titled DC’s Hero Project. Neither of those two projects were ever launched.

This new as-yet-unnamed DC digital service is described as “an immersive experience designed just for DC fans,” and will be operated by Warner Bros. Digital Networks Group.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

15. samson1701

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Anybody else catch the premiere of American Gods on Starz?

17. samson1701

Shit, I forgot all about it. I'll get to it Tuesday.

Without giving anything away, how was it?

18. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

DVRd it planning on watching it today

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty good. It may be a bit confusing in some spots if you aren't aware of what the premise of the series is all about before watching it.

20. samson1701