The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The latest installment in the Jurassic Park universe has been unveiled as Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. The new adventure is due for release in June 2018.

2. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Batman and Harley Quinn: A Bruce Timm Original
    is coming to theaters courtesy of Fathom Events.

The one-night event will take place on August 14 at 7:30 p.m. local time in theaters nationwide. A complete list of participating theaters will be posted on the Fathom Events website on June 30, the same day that tickets go on sale.

Tickets are available from both the Fathom website and participating theaters.

http://bit.ly/2sa3q5y

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Kevin Feige Comments On BLADE's Possible Status In The Marvel Cinematic Universe.

[​IMG]

Now that the rights to Blade are back with Marvel, is the studio finally going to utilise the fan-favourite character?

Kevin Feige has been asked about this before but never really gave us much to go on - however, during a new interview with Arrow In The Head, Marvel's head honcho speaks a bit more positively about the possibility, stating that it "would be cool" to do something with The Daywalker... someday.

"We think it would be cool. Someday. My tenure at Marvel started 17 years ago, and there were two things that sort of launched the modern era. One was X-Men, which was the first thing that people said, "Oh, there's life here." But a few years before that, there was Blade. A character nobody had heard of at all, had only appeared in a few issues of Tomb of Dracula or something, turned into a big franchise."

"That was always a great lesson for me, where you go, "It doesn't matter how well known the character is, it matters how cool the movie is." Which, many years later, would be the reason we do Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange. I think Blade is a legacy character now, and I think it would be fun to do something with him one day."

Though it doesn't sound like there are any current plans for Blade, Feige's comments do seem to suggest that some ideas might have been kicked around, at least.

If and when the studio does move forward with a new vehicle for the vampiric hero, chances are it'll be something for the small screen - although, Feige did recently state that R-rated MCU movies weren't "out of the question", so you never know.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Ugh ... the way they are writing Strand on Fear The Walking Dead is very, very stupid.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

He used to be bad ass now he's soft as puppy shit.

6. samson1701

Not only that, but he wouldn't have even lied to Daniel. For what? He had zero reason to. All he had to do was tell Daniel the truth and offer to lead him back to the last place he'd seen her, then help him look for her from there. Could've accomplished the same thing without compromising the character.

7. The Dark King

Yup. Rule number one of the apocalypse no men of color can be bad ass for long and if they are you either emasculated them or kill them off.

8. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

New funky Spidey poster.

9. SilverSmith

The cast of Black Lightning shed some light on the backgrounds of their characters.

10. The Dark King

It's gonna be God awful smh

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

MCU Spider-Man Seedings (Minor Spoilers for Upcoming Spider-Man)

Spider-Man: Homecoming star Tom Holland has confirmed a Marvel Cinematic Universe fan theory/retcon - and revealed a little bit of the MCU's secret history in the process. According to the star, Peter Parker's appearance in the MCU secretly predates Captain America: Civil War, going all the way back to Iron Man 2.

“I can confirm that as of today," Holland told Entertainment Weekly. "I literally had a conversation with Kevin Feige only 20 minutes ago. Maybe I’ve just done a big, old spoiler, but it’s out there now. It’s cool. I like the idea that Peter Parker has been in the universe since the beginning.”

MILES MORALES Exists In The MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige and Spider-Man: Homecoming director Jon Watts have confirmed not only that Donald Glover plays Aaron Davis a.k.a. the Ultimate Prowler in the film - but have strongly hinted that his nephew Miles Morales also exists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"I mean, I always wanted Donald [Glover] to be in this movie," Watts told Comicbook.com. "That was one of my first ideas, just because I knew... I remember all the excitement surrounding him being Spider-Man, you know? And I was like, 'If he's going to be in this movie, who could he be?' So, we're not saying anything specifically, but Aaron Davis having a nephew in New York City... I wouldn't say it's a definite hint, but I think it definitely opens that door."

"He does have a nephew," Feige added. "He has a nephew."

As for whether Miles himself will appear in the MCU any time soon, that question remains up in the air. However, Peter Parker actor Tom Holland chimed in to add that he's up for a Spider-Men style crossover.

“That would be something that I would be very up for doing, it’s something that I would really, really hope to happen,” Holland explained. “I think Miles Morales is a great character, I think it would be fantastic to have an actor of color playing a superhero on screen and I just think it’s going to be something very cool and something very exciting for this universe.”

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Thinking the same. It can be R-rated if it's on Netflix and Blade fits in with the other Netflix street-level heroes. And please this time get an actor who actually looks like Snipes. Sticky Fingaz was them trying to prove that it was the character and storyline that was successful, not Snipes himself (remember Snipes and Blade creator David Goyer were feuding at that that time), Snipes is the template.

Do you guys think Snipes could come back or has he aged out? Remember Blade ages like a human.

13. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Didn't like Sticky at all. Snipes was a smooth martial artist, Sticky was a thug nigga they thrust into the role

14. SilverSmith

The long, long, long wait is over, folks: the first trailer for Marvel's The Inhumans.

15. samson1701

Madison be Jedi Mind Tricking whole camps and 'ish. ...lol

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I find it stupid that people think that Marvel needs characters to die to have a compelling story arc, character death is cheap drama.

The Groot theory is interesting, but they seem to forget that The Collector has heard of Groot's species before.

If the "Black Sky" theory was true it would make a Blade reboot a lot easier to weave into the MCU.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Well, we know some characters will probably die due to the fact it's Thanos. The upcoming introduction of Hela in Thor 3 & the fact that they recently seem to make her & Thanos a couple suggest they are going to play up Thanos's love for "Death" in the form of Hela rather than the actual universal personification as was the long standing conceit of Thanos.

The "Black Sky" theory came about specifically because of fans hoping Marvel will re-introduce Blade thru the Netflix corner of the MCU. Especially since they wussed out on playing up the more mystical/supernatural aspects of Iron Fist like they claimed that they would.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I dont think fury is a clairvoyant but rather a master strategist one who you would hate to play against in a chess match. The guy just knows how to plan for every possible contingency, which is why he is the director. The position suits him well. You have to simply not sleep at all to get one over on him.

He also knows how to employ technology brilliantly in an organizational sense without needing to be as versed in it as Stark, Panther, or Black Widow. He also seems to have a good intuition about people and social systems. Being both intellectual and street smart, he is a force to be reckoned with.