The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Meh. Not Kirby enough. Would've been better on the big screen a la Guardians of the Galaxy. Making Gorgon black for no reason doesn't do me any favors. So instead of a head band, they've got spray paint in Crystal's hair, alrighty. Maximus the Mad looks like a whiny punk. They got Lockjaw right, though, so that's something

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

A Bit of a SPOILER From Spider-Man: Homecoming....

Donald Glover has a short role in the film where he is playing Aaron Davis a.k.a. The Prowler. He is also the uncle of the Miles Morales.

[​IMG]

4. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Snipe is Blade, so I think he can.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

DO NOT WATCH UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN SPIDER-MAN : HOMECOMING

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

7. darkcurry

8. darkcurry

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sony has released a new trailer for The Dark Tower, the sci-fi western based on the Stephen King novels.

10. darkcurry

[​IMG]

11. darkcurry

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. darkcurry

Sidenote: Lucy Liu has the vampire gene

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

What makes you assume they didn't approach any?

Just like there are black viewers that weren't feeling Luke Cage (or other comic related movies/shows), probably had black directors that have no interest in directing it or any Marvel/comic/sci-fi projects.

15. darkcurry

It's only one episode, the first episode, but for now only one. And they have hired a black director before for season 1.

George Tillman, jr. - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0863387/?ref_=ttfc_fc_dr12

You might see more this season. The RZA directed an episode of Ironfist. Could see more of both of those guys.

I don't want to look too much into this, because they do hire a diverse group
    of directors for their shows from black, white, asian, latino and a few women have directed some episodes in the Netflix Marvel Universe.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fair enough

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I like Lucy Liu. Although I don't know anything about her directing. Her being hired to direct is a little surprising because I kind of thought since Marvel made a big thing about all of Jessica Jones's season 2 episodes being directed by women, they might do a similar thing (black directors) with season 2 of Luke Cage.

18. darkcurry

That's the first I heard of that. But you also have to remember hollywood is becoming MORE accepting of women and gay rights and equality than POC especially black men. And quite faster. Dave Chapelle made a joke about that in his stand-up special for netflix. So still a fight for us, but Luke Cage, season 2 is still being shot. We don't know much yet.

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I would do unspeakable things to that woman. I'm not into Asian women too much. But, she is just so hot to me.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]