The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I just wish that Hollywood would stop using weak black men as a way to make white women look strong. Like the way, they did with Finn and Rey in The Force Awakens. If they really wanted to show how strong a white women character is, they should make her and her black partner equals in their badassery.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Doesn't fit their agenda

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi today. The film had a lot of striking visuals and a lot of action. Thankfully, I wasn't bored. But it did have a good number of double meanings and red herrings that were a little confusing. But it had quite a few surprises. As I watched, I thought back to 1977 when I saw the first film A New Hope. I had read a great deal about Star Wars in Famous Monsters Of Filmland magazine. Science fiction films were making a comeback thanks to the film Close Encounters Of A Third Kind. I had read that George Lucas visited the set of Close Encounters. He and Steven Spielberg are friends, but after the visit, he wondered if his film could measure up or surpass Spielberg's film. But he made it and it did very well.

I felt a connection with the characters in A New Hope.

But I didn't feel a whole lot for the characters in The Last Jedi. I liked them but not as much as Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, Master Yoda, C3PO and R2D2. The Star Destroyers and the Dreadnaught looked very impressive.

Snoke looked like a cross between a macadamia nut, a chick pea and a testicle.

Rey is way stronger than Kylo Ren as a Jedi. Kylo Ren only has The First Order and the death of Luke Skywalker in his memory. It reminded me of Obi Wan Kenobi's warning to Darth Vader.

"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you can ever imagine."

Finn and Rose. I felt that Finn would've been better off with Rey. But Rose believed in him and saved him because she loves him. Rey saw this, too.

Finn's attempt to sacrifice himself was brave and I wanted him to go through with it. But it didn't happen.

In conclusion, I enjoyed this film. And I will miss Carrie Fisher.
    This may be the end of George Lucas' saga of the Skywalker family, but the universe is vast and it, too, has many, many stories to tell.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I still haven't seen TLJ, yet. But based on what I'm reading online, dudes are saying the depiction of Finn is an even worse than in TFA. Y'all agree with that?
    '

5. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yes much worse Finn does a shittier repeat of his TFA plot line now with far less plot relevance and he fails because the script says he fails. Its pretty bad. Wouldn't pay money to see it as a Black Man.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Poe Dameron was the archetypal hero in the film. Finn had his moments and it came to a close when he faces Captain Phasma.

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

The movie wasn't that great.

Luke is an old grumpy man though most of the movie. Barely any fight between him and kylo. He dies at the end. Give Finn a fucking lightsaber. He practically has it. Phatasm is barely used AGAIN. Why is she even there? You won't get real fighting scenes with these people. They killed star wars and I am not watching this crap any more.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Gifted Renewed for Season 2

The Gifted has been renewed for a second season, Fox announced at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour Thursday.
    The Gifted follows a former suburban couple, Reed and Caitlin Strucker (Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker), whose ordinary lives are rocked by the sudden discovery that their children (Natalie Alyn Lind, Percy Hynes White) possess mutant powers, forcing the family to go on the run and align with the mutant underground that Reed formerly hunted. The series also stars Sean Teale (Eclipse/Marcos Diaz), Jamie Chung (Blink/Clarice Fong), Coby Bell (Jace Turner), Emma Dumont (Polaris/Lorna Dane), and Blair Redford (Thunderbird/John Proudstar).

The series ranks as the No. 3 new drama of the fall season — ABC’s The Good Doctor leads the freshman pack — averaging 8.3 million total viewers and a 2.0 in the 18-49 demographic factoring in delayed viewing across all platforms.

The renewal news comes ahead of the two-hour season 1 finale, slated to air Monday, Jan. 15, which finds Mutant HQ under attack, putting relationships and alliances to the test.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

A second season of Luke Cage will be on sometime this year.

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I love this show. The stories are well written. Although
    They killed off my girl Dreamer. Her character could've been so much more. Eline Satine brought seduction and heart to that character. Bad move.

And it is nice to see Blair Redford be proudly Native American which he rarely got to play in past projects. I seen some had him playing latino and what not. Marvel is delivering mroe racial diversity with their shows than other programming on tv and the internet combined.

I don't get to watch a lot of the show Agents Of S.H.E.I.L.D., but I seen this on a tumblr page. Is Mack some sort of Ghost Rider now?
    [​IMG]

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No. Mack played host to the Ghost Rider spirit for a short time because Robbie Reyes, the current Ghost Rider, was trapped in a pocket dimension with Coulson.

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Syfy has revealed a new teaser for Krypton. The show will begin airing this March.

13. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Looks interesting enough to check it out. Could have a similar affect that Gotham had.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

From what I have read a couple of years ago about Krypton, it takes place a couple of centuries before the planet's destruction and follows the family of Jor-El. It reminds me of the show Caprica, the planet featured in the show Battlestar Galactica.

15. SilverSmith

Syfy has unveiled a new trailer for the Superman prequel series Krypton, which finally reveals the main plot.

Set 200 years before Superman’s birth, the story is told from the perspective of Kel-El’s teenage grandfather, Seg-El. Then Adam Strange, a human archeologist, shows up on Krypton with a dire warning, someone from the future is coming to alter the timeline, so Kal-El is never sent to Earth.

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Whaaaaat.....You don't like them cheeseburgers mayne?

18. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Marvel's Inhumans Not Excepted to Return

Jan 9, 2018

ABC has all-but-confirmed what you already know in your heart to be true—Marvel's Inhumans is done for.

peaking at the January meeting of the Television Critics Association, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey provided something of a status update on the network's two shows with Marvel Television, Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans.

According to a report by Deadline, it's a good news/bad news situation—on the one hand, Agents of SHIELD's prospects for a sixth season renewal are looking pretty good, but on the other hand, Inhumans is almost certainly dead. (Depending on how you look at it, maybe that's all good news.)

"[Inhumans] didn't perform for us at the level that we would have wanted," Dungey said. "We haven't made any official decisions yet but I will say the numbers were less exciting for us as we hoped they would be."

Source: Looper.com

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

@Ra & @The Dark King Did either of y'all finish "The Punisher"? Did y'all change your minds on it?

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Thats reality. We all already have something at home on Netflix or DVD that's more entertaining to watch. Cheeseburgers from a crack zombie is perfect analogy.