The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Finished it. Overall interesting and good take on the Punisher. Still not a fan of the Punisher as a character though.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Couldn't get through it

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I think they should've given it another season, especially with the way season 1 ended. IMO it wasn't as bad as people were saying and had an audience stable enough to grow on like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. did. That show didn't start off great neither.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw The Punisher. Pretty good and gritty show.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If they would have actually put time and energy into developing the characters and putting forth their story rather than clearly rushing through a show that they only wanted to promote as an IMAX event it could have worked. Still trying to figure out the logic in premiering the first two episodes in theatres in IMAX as nothing happened in those episodes story or EFX wise to warrant it.

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

9. The Dark King

I said it before and I'll say it again based on the trailer alone I'm buying tickets and I'm seeing it more than once.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

For those who seen the X-men animated series 92-97. Avengers animated earth mightest hero's 2010-2012 and Avengers Assemble 2013 - ....

What's are your opinions? Haven't seen them yet and would like to see some good cartoons. I've seen the first season of the Justice league series that ended in 2004. To me its worth seeing but nothing to write home about. I'll get the second season but no hurry.

Without any other good cartoons I'll have to stick with Scooby Doo ect.

11. The Dark King

Young Justice. Incredibly well written.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The 90's X-Men animated series didn't age well IMO. Check the two later X-Men animated series, X-Men : Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men if you can find them. X-Men : Evolution is of particular interest because it is the medium that introduced the character & concept of X-23, Wolverine's clone/daughter. Wolverine & the X-Men is pretty good despite it being more Wolverine centric rather than overall team centric.

Check out Avengers: Earth's Mightiest if you want as close as possible depiction of the classic comic book take on the Avengers. Avengers Assemble is basically the MCU Avengers but with full access & uses of all Marvel comic characters.

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The 2nd season of regular "Justice League" is huge step-up from the 1st season & the JLU (Justice League Unlimited) continuation series is a GOAT animated TV series. No reason to slow down AT ALL.

Have you watched the other DCAU (DC animated universe)/Timmverse shows such "Batman: The Animated Series", "Superman: The Animated Series", & "Batman Beyond"? They all take place in the same fictional universe as JL & JLU.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This. You can just watch all the Bruce Timm DCAU stuff and not ever actually have read any DC comics.

And like TDK said, Young Justice is another DC animated series to watch. But it's a little bit more comic nerd centric when it comes to characters and various easter eggs popping up in the series.

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This is pretty much me. I don't think I've ever read a single DC comic book issue. My base DC Comics knowledge starts with growing up watching the DCAU & rewatching it as an adult.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Bet. Adding YJ to the list now.
    Very informative thanks!
    Good to hear that the JL series picks up a bit. I haven't watch the batman animated shows yet but I expect them to be good.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. The Dark King

If this were a thing it would fly off the shelf

19. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The newly released trailer for season two of The Handmaid’s Tale.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List