The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Most of Freeform's original programming is targeted to a Teenage-Young Adult audience, similar & comparable to The CW. But they were already doing that when they were ABC Family.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  3. orejon4

Despite the youth orientation, I'll still give Cloak & Dagger a chance.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Its gonna suck for the same reason a lot of tv does. They won't take a page from Game of thrones. That show is amazing because their are consequences to the action of the characters. They don't just float about on good feelings alone. The over the top overreaching morality has made once good shows absolutely awful. I can't even make it through certain episodes anymore

5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Guardians 3.

6. RicardoCooper

Well it did come out between Black Panther and Infinity War, so...:D

7. RicardoCooper

You are correct, sir

8. RicardoCooper

This looks sooooooo good. Hoping to get a flashback to Black Goliath

9. RicardoCooper

WTF are they thinking with Starfire???? When I first saw pics I didn't think they were serious. Isn't she supposed to be sexy and golden-skinned???? This fuckery right here is why DC projects are dead last

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. orejon4

Which series? I agree that Game Of Thrones "anyone could buy it at any time" ethos keeps things interesting.

11. The Dark King

The Flash Black Lightning Arrow Supergirl literally all of them. All of them would rather protect their morality than save lives taking out bad guys who will keep until stopped

12. orejon4

That sounds like the difference between DC and Marvel more generally.

13. ColiBreh1

Full trailer just dropped for Luke Cage season 2:

14. ColiBreh1

FUCC at this news that was just announced!!!!!!!:

EDIT:

I just got put on to this Deadline article from 2 weeks ago: http://deadline.com/2018/04/lethal-weapon-clayne-crawford-damon-wayans-turmoil-bad-blood-1202375855/

Deadline reported that he and Damon Wayans Sr. have beef now & are barely speaking to each other. Said the relationship is “beyond repair”. Warner Bros. studios is considering recasting Clayne’s Martin Riggs role — possibly with a female — to play opposite Damon Wayans’ Roger Murtaugh in a potential 3rd season.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Opposite-sex partners in crime procedurals are only compelling if there is a sexual tension element, and since Damon Wayans character is happily married to a gorgeous woman, giving him a female partner is not a good idea narratively speaking.

16. ColiBreh1

It must be Network Upfronts next week because the broadcast TV networks have been announcing cancellations (along with renewals & new show pickups) all week. This past day or 2 has been a bloodbath:
    TVLine.com: TV Bloodbath: 20 Shows Cancelled in 24 Hours

It feels like a change in going on in the industry with this many shows getting cancelled. I'm seeing folks suggest this is because Disney bought FOX & Rupert Murdoch already had plans to shift FOX to air nothing but the NFL & cheap unscripted TV shows. I've seen others suggest this is the beginning of the end of Peak TV, There's just too many shows on too many TV networks.

'

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Disney hasn't bought Fox yet, Comcast is trying to throw a last second hail mary to snatch the Fox deal for themselves.

I think you're right about the landscape of TV changing, I actually think the big networks are eventually going to contract down to basically be "Apps" on streaming services.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  18. The Dark King

Well most of those shows suck. The only ones I'll kind of miss is Alex inc since I love the wife character. She was great on The Good Place and Master of None.
    She looks a lot like my girl and has a lot of the same mannerisms since their both South Asian and families are from the same region.
    But for the most part the writing sucked and you see how often Hollywood gives certain white actors and actresses multiple chances to fail like a lot.
    Dude from the Crossing who played the sheriff along with super powered mom were on multiple failed shows at least 6 between them but they keep popping up. Neither of them ever been on a hit show might I add but we all know the kids from The Mayor will never be seen again.

19. ColiBreh1

Deadline & THR dropped articles last night explaining why Yesterday was a bloodbath:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/lucifer-the-exorcist-quantico-brooklyn-nine-nine-andy-samberg-priyanka-chopra-series-cancellations-black-friday-1202389035/

&

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...-nine-lucifer-last-man-earth-canceled-1110659

NBC passed on this "Bad Boys" spinoff series: http://deadline.com/2018/05/bad-boys-offshoot-las-finest-dead-nbc-shopped-1202388801/

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

In the distant future, a crew of space explorers embark on an mission to find a mysterious alien spacecraft.

Last edited: May 13, 2018