The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Wolverine looks so creepy.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

notice how in one pic, the baby looks brown...in the other it looks snowball white

i do question how much IR would be in the show, if any.:confused:

is Amerikkka ready for this? maybe so, especially since Kendra and Hank flossin all day on !E

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Is that Luke Cage and if so is it just me or does he look like Jamie Foxx in that illustration?

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

the stereotypical big negro is Luke

:eek:

i would hope he would get some face time in her series.....he's supposed to be having his own movie also

5. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Definitely a resemblance...

[​IMG]

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They been talking that Luke Cage movie since the mid 90's. When the first Blade movie came out that's when the talk really got serious, but nothing has happened as of yet. Last I heard was the brother from those Ol' Spice commercials was saying he was interested in playing Luke Cage if they ever seriously started production on it and hadn't settled on a definite cast yet.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

yeah it's vaporware at the moment

kinda like Duke Nukem Forever

It would be cool to have another superhero film out..

9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, he does look like Jamie Foxx.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]yiZh1E403Aw?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CsD2wYC2yLU?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qU7v83w6W_M?fs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

new Spielberg series

if anyone has the vision to make a decent show, it's him:)

[YOUTUBE]39eegoYnH9s[/YOUTUBE]

if you pay attention, you'll see Dale Dye motivating Noah Wyle in various clips.

for those of you who don't know of Dye, he's a retired USMC captain, that's been 'authenticating' the military aspect of major hollywood films since Platoon. He worked with Spielberg on Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. So, not only will you get a cool alien invasion, you'll also get some top-notch combat, survival et al, that makes people like me geek out.:smt079

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[YOUTUBE]jDtNEvQ9t3Y[/YOUTUBE]

i just hope this mmo doesnt turn into another Jedi-fanboy fest, like the first one

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Might just be me on this but I'm getting an Independence Day vibe from this. What that movie would have been like if it had been done as a series rather than a theatrical release. I'll still check out the first few episode when it starts.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i loved ID:4

rumor is a sequel is in the works

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00031606.html

nothing like setprops, production notes, or anything like that tho. I would love to see a sequel that plays out like Aliens on a full-scale (you know, what Alien 3 should have been)

big armies, tons of aliens, lots of ground pounding and air strikes:smt071

crazy ass budget..like Starship Troopers but darker and scarier

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This is funny. Just last week at work one of my buddies was telling me he had seen something on the web about two sequels for ID4 in the works.

16. Persephone

Persephone New Member

<3 deathnote, HAI!

When it comes to anime I don't watch a lot, but nobody can deny the genius of Hayao Myazaki.. My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Ponyo...ahhh, I <3 Myazaki films.

My nerdiness does not stop with anime. My real nerdiness is in another realm all together, anyhow...but as an animation student you can be damn sure my nerdy is huge.

Right now I'm reading A Game of Thrones by George R Martin....not entirely by choice, tho. It was a birthday gift. lol But it's reading pretty well. It's been suggested to me by various other nerds for too many years.

I just finished a collection of short stories called "Masked", they're all about superheroes. It was FANTASTIC.

I'm also re-reading The Hobbit while I'm reading the other book.

And I might just watch my extended edition Lord of the rings dvds just cause I can! But only after my baby and I get back from playing MAgic:the Gathering with some friends.

...and I didn't even mention comic books yet!

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

aight im catching up on the avengers

what else u got for me

:smt026

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If you end up liking A Game of Thrones remember you will have to read the next three books in the saga : A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows. And then you'll have wait like everyone else for him to get around to writing the next three books he has lined up. He stopped midway into writing book five A Dance with Dragons almost three years ago because he got involved with the production of the Game of Thrones series for HBO. Hopefully once the series is under way he'll get back to finishing book five and start on the next two.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Don't know if you've seen this on DVD or not. Hulk vs Wolverine. I couldn't find the complete movie on youtube. I'll try something else a little latter.

[YOUTUBE]Lopi1FmMnBk?fs[/YOUTUBE]

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i scooped this up already

still on the hunt for more of this stuff

may have to turn to anime:smt100