The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1708876172430.jpg

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Food for thought....

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

He's absolutely correct. Superhero fandom is in a weird place, right now. I can understand some of the vitriol aimed at the MCU. I feel it, too. But, to say it's too late when they're finally changing the the things fans say they wanted changed makes no sense to me. But, my gripe had more to do with the MCU's execution of their ideas than the ideas themselves.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

a lot of the YouTube channels that guy refers to are right wing anti-“woke“ channels. Their entire reason for existence is to hate on anything that is focused on minorities or women or any marginalized group. so having solutions for the problems the MCU is facing is against their brand.

I personally don’t think the MCU has that big of a problem. This current low interest is because the current movies and shows are clearly placeholders until the big ticket movies are released Fantastic Four, X-Men, Spider-Man 4 Blade, And Avengers 5. When those movies are right around the corner, trust me, the MCU will be back in full force.

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Fallout is the new live-action Prime Video series premiering April 12th.

art (1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• List
  7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

‘Andor,’ ‘Moon Knight,’ ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ and ‘The Falcon and The Winter Soldier’ to Bow on Blu-ray With Deleted Scenes, Featurettes

[​IMG]

On April 30, Disney Home Entertainment will release on physical media four more of its streaming series, two from Lucasfilm and two from Marvel Studios.

“Star Wars: Andor — The Complete First Season,” “Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi — The Complete Series,” “Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight: The Complete First Season” and “Marvel Studios’ The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: The Complete First Season” will be released individually on 4K UHD and Blu-ray in collectible packaging.

The news comes after Disney announced plans in February to offload its manufacturing, distribution and marketing of physical media to Sony Pictures Entertainment. Though disc sales have steadily declined industry-wide year by year, the overlap between collectors of 4k and Blu-ray discs and fans of fantasy, sci-fi and superhero genres remains significant. It’s this demographic Disney Home Entertainment is targeting, with new box art, concept art cards and steelbook packaging for all four titles.

In addition to featurettes and documentaries, releases for both “Moon Knight” and “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” include deleted scenes from their series. Neither “Andor” nor “Obi-Wan Kenobi” include excised material, but a series of featurettes explore the world-building of the former, while a director’s commentary by Deborah Chow caps off making-of materials on the latter.

These titles mark Disney Home Entertainment’s second series of collectors editions, after the 2023 release of “Loki Season 1,” “WandaVision” and seasons one and two of “The Mandalorian.” All are currently available on the studio’s streaming service, Disney+, but given that future seasons or follow-ups aren’t due for a while (“Andor: Season 2” premieres in 2025, and “The Mandalorian” and “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” will next be seen on screen in years to come) or not at all (“Obi-Wan Kenobi”), the sets and their extras are meant to provide their fans with a stopgap to tide them over.

Read below for a complete breakdown of the content on each release.

“The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: The Complete First Season”

[​IMG]

Bonus Features:

Featurette: “Cap’s Shield”
    Gag Reel
    Deleted scenes: “Flight Lesson,” “Still Not Funny”
    Documentary: “Assembled: The Making of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier”

“Moon Knight: The Complete First Season”

[​IMG]

Bonus Features:

Featurette: “Egyptology”
    Documentary: “Assembled: The Making of Moon Knight”
    Deleted Scenes: “Don’t Go There,” “Breaking the Cycle”
    Gag Reel

“Obi-Wan Kenobi: The Complete Series”

[​IMG]

Bonus Features:

Featurettes: “Duels of Fate: Obi-Wan vs Vader,” “The Dark Times: Villains,” “Designing The Galaxy”
    Director’s Commentary by director Deborah Chow

“Andor: The Complete First Season”

[​IMG]

Bonus Features:

Featurettes: “Ferrix Part 1: Imperial Occupation,” “Aldhani: Rebel Heist,” “Coruscant: Whispers of Rebellion,” “Narkina 5: One Way Out,” “Ferrix Part 2: Fight the Empire”

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. SilverSmith

Disney+ just dropped the episode titles for the upcoming animated series X-Men '97.

a7f99f86-8d57-4a7f-8e2c-88b5d098da7d (1).jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. SilverSmith

Set in the expansive world of the critically acclaimed video game franchise, Fallout will make its exclusive debut on Prime Video in April.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  12. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

A hint at some IR?

13. SilverSmith

Netflix is once again trying to whet the whistle of genre fans by dropping another trailer for 3 Body Problem, its long-in-the-works mystery series that’s inspired by the novel of the same name.

The series from creators David Benioff, D.B. Weiss and Alexander Woo will debut on Netflix on March 21, 2024 — nearly four years after first being revealed. The series will have its world premiere tonight at the SXSW Film & Television Festival in Austin.

For the uninitiated, here’s the official logline: “A young woman’s fateful decision in 1960s China reverberates across space and time into the present day. When the laws of nature inexplicably unravel before their eyes, a close-knit group of brilliant scientists join forces with an unorthodox detective to confront the greatest threat in humanity’s history.”

snapedit_1709850206038.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

16. samson1701

429676642_122151288632064141_6773190693122802755_n.jpg

17. samson1701

I might be slow on this, but as I was watching The Marvels, it dawned on me that Kamala has, basically, the powers of a Green Lantern. Or, am I missing something?

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yes, MCU Kamala does have similar power set to a Green Lantern. There's a whole long story behind that as well as why she is a Mutant (which she originally was conceive to be for the comics) rather than an Inhuman. Goes without saying they are already setting up things in the comic version to reflect how she is in the cinematic universe (power set & being a Mutant) .

• List
  19. SilverSmith

20. SilverSmith