The Non-Believer/Non-Theist Thread.

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by ThePrince, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

.........There is a spiritual war being waged right know for the souls of these two intellects but their casual defiance has made them oblivious to that reality........

2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the world coming to an end...that's been debunked for a long time.

3. DJ_1985

DJ_1985 New Member

You said it perfectly. I actually grew up in the suburbs, and my house is in the suburbs. I don't spend a lot of time around heavily ghetto people, but you'll find that even the most vile ruffians will rebuke you for not having faith in Christ.

4. TheWilliam

TheWilliam New Member

My contribution is to and through my niece.

I tell her things the bible says that they don't tell you in church.

As fellow freethinkers I know you guys don't need the while list as its commonly those who don't fall for it that know what's really in that silly old book.

I also contribute to a black freethinkers podcast. I've produced two episodes of my own podcast. I don't really know what direction I want to take it though.

Today I actually showed my niece the video of that pastor saying gays and lesbians should be put behind an electric fence to die out.

The guy who can't prnounce the word "against".

5. Hydroxide

Hydroxide Restricted

I'm a black atheist as well. I reject Christianity and the same goes for any other abrahamic religion for that matter, because it's been utilized to hold back social and technological progress, esp. by white supremacist bigots who desire to enslave other races. Even though I don't believe in any paranormal entities, I'm far more interested in our ancestral mythologies/religions than I'm in any other mythologies/religions what so ever.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Seeing this thread gives me hope for a future black culture that will not be defined by slavery and its effects, including the crippling effects of a slavish attachment to the Abrahamaic faiths. I think there are more people out there but they're paralyzed by the groupthink so prevalent in US society in general and black society in particular. The more we offer an alternative way of thinking, the more we will see likeminded individuals lose the fear of being 'different'.

7. csbean

csbean New Member

I've been an atheist most of my life. It has been difficult to find BM who feel the same.

8. Morning Star

We're a minority within a minority. The vast majority of blacks happen to be Christians or identify themselves as part of the three major religions. So, yeah...it's highly difficult to kind a black man for you and is an atheist. But, you can always play The Gamewith him.

9. Morning Star

It's old news, but a huge reminder of some the issues regarding those who identify themselves as atheist.

Though there has been an 18% increase in favor of voting for one, it's only within the 54% margin, with Muslims being the second least likely at 58%. How bad is this? Consider all ethnic based groups and religious groups, even Mormons who have percentages in the high 80th percentiles to 90th percentiles. I would like to create a thread on this very question and get everyone's input, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense to do it at this point.

But I would like to know the faithful's opinion on the matter as to why people who lack the faith in a god are the least trusted and are least likely to be voted for as President.

10. Stheno

Stheno New Member

now thats a thread for me :D

11. Morning Star

Welcome aboard, lady love! Please be so kind to come on home!

12. Stheno

Stheno New Member

13. Morning Star

Bible Games Reviewed by Angry Video Game Nerd

[YOUTUBE]LkNvQYiM6bw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_dUVZozf-i0[/YOUTUBE]

14. Stheno

Stheno New Member

15. Morning Star

With 1/3 of the 6.9 billion who identify themselves as Christians, why would he need Facebook?:smt024

16. Stheno

Stheno New Member

to pass the time as does not help anyone ... need something to do :D

17. Morning Star

Maybe he wants to meet a Kardashian?

18. Stheno

Stheno New Member

lol maybe

19. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

If I was God I would NOT want to meet a kardashian.

Talk about a waste of time.

20. Morning Star

How about Mitt Romney or Kevin Rudd?