The Official Soccer/Futbol Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LA, Apr 18, 2009.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Good for them! Did you hear about Didier Drogba saying goodbye to international play? His presence was critical to Ivory Coast's performance this summer.

2. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Arsenal beats Manchester City to win Community Shield

3. orejon4

Was that this morning?

4. CAkicker

yup

5. orejon4

There are so many cups that I can't keep track of them all.

6. smoothtalk

smoothtalk Member

True! i`m excited that the premier league is starting again!

7. orejon4

Ditto. And La Liga, especially now that my team Deportivo is back in the 1st division.

8. CAkicker

They're going to show the replay on 8/12/14 right before the UEFA Super Cup match on Fox Sports 1

9. orejon4

Thanks for the heads-up! Deportivo beat Sporting for the Teresa Herrera (another off-season cup/challenge) yesterday as well, so I'm a happy camper.

10. CAkicker

L.A Galaxy 5-time MLS Cup Champions:cool:

11. smoothtalk

smoothtalk Member

Mls is just sad

12. orejon4

I don't know, I enjoyed watching NY Red Bulls vs. NE Revolution in the championships.

13. orejon4

Boxing Day

Anyone catching any of this Boxing Day action? Man U appears to be turning their season around.

14. orejon4

Shhh....

Pipe down, gentlemen. Miss Lowe is speaking...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  15. orejon4

Tottenham came to play, but that Arsenal back line is giving them no play.

16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Dammit, my Arsenal just could not get it done today! Totally agree with you on Ms. Lowe, she just exudes class and elegance, combine that with her accent and that's a fantastic combination, reminds me of my very own awesome wife. According to wiki she married Cheltenham Town F.C. manager Paul Buckle, if anything happens to him, Ore will be the chief suspect! :razz:

17. orejon4

Arsenal started strong, but Spurs had something to prove. And yeah, Buckle is the lucky devil in this case. She is elegant, well-versed in the game, and a beauty to behold. *sigh* lol

* Post-script: GOD! She's wearing a hideous schoolmarm's blouse and she's still breaking my heart... *

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  18. CAkicker

Chelsea wins their 5th Capital One Cup

19. CAkicker

Looking forward to the MLS season. Galaxy off to a good start/ Looking forward to the match between New York FC vs. Orlando City SC

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  20. orejon4

Yeah, and did you see the Hindustani Times screw-up on the headline, saying that they had won the FA Cup? Lmao.

I'm interested to see if Kakà will become a force to be reckoned with in the MLS. I'm also bummed about Deportivo's loss to Sevilla today. It would have ended in a draw were it not for Sidnei's own goal. :-(

Post-Script:

I've got to say, today's Orlando City vs. New York City match was pretty good, as if the Sporting KC vs. NY Red Bulls match that is currently underway. If the MLS keeps this up, it's going to be a worthwhile season.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015