The Random Science Thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by Beasty, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Theory:

Time is a set of infinite planes with no beginning or ending. It's just stacked as layers of dimensions. We simply study finite pieces of it in order to understand reality on a scale that we can comprehend.

Out of all the theories on time this is the one I subscribe to. I believe this and I also know it could be wrong.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

This will be combined with another thread.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What thread would that be?

6. meowkittenmeow

Who knows... it always happens.
    [​IMG]

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL

There are no similar threads from what I can see and I can see all except for the one person I have blocked. That person is very heavily into magical thinking, morso than anyone else here. The likelihood of her creating a thread like this is zero, so it won't get merged.

This is a science freestyle thread.

Drop a thought or a theory.

Just about everyone has their own perspective on what they think about time. What do you think about my theory on time? On the theoretical level, I'm just about as novice as anyone else.

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Why can't people believe in God AND science? It absolutely is possible to believe in both.

9. meowkittenmeow

The time? I was always a fan of Morris Day and Jerome.

Seriously, I will take a look at your theory and give you an opinion. I’m not a “magical thinker”, so this should be fun.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If there is a creator his law is apparently physics. There is no proof that the laws of physics are ever broken.

Why would he make these laws just to break them? If there is no proof that he breaks the laws of physics and you believe that he does 100% with no room for debate, that's obviously magical thinking.

I leave the possibility that there could have been a creator, (not god), however the creator could be 93 billion light years away or dead. The way the universe works it doesn't need a person there to keep pulling strings.

The God of religion works outside of physics. He apparently works on magic. I personally don't believe in magic, but feel free to expand on or share any science knowledge that you have here in this thread.

11. meowkittenmeow

I am not sure "stacked" is the right word as it gives a 2d to 3d outlook on something that is beyond those planes. I would have used the word "weaving".

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I may drop that word but weaving would be confusing. I don't want to picture them as moving at all. The only thing moving is the person. They can move into a different plane by moving vertically. Other than that they are moving horizontally in one of the planes. The speed that they are moving is dependent on the plane itself. Each plane has it's own set speed, it never changes. You move slower though time by reaching a different plane. That accounts for the relativity.

Wish I could find a better picture than this, try to ignore the container the planes are in that is pictured here because the planes are infinate. but the way I visualize it:

Each plane extends to infinity horizonally. If you move vertically you move into a different plane. The space in between the planes is not really there but we have it for visual representation. It's easy on the eyes. I'll keep looking for a better picture but meanwhile:

[​IMG]

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Even just being interlaced as a definition of weaving is off from what I'm trying to picture.

I guess you could look at it that way but that's an overcomplicated model imo.

14. meowkittenmeow

I don’t see it as straight lines stacked on top of each other. Weaving means they are laced together and interwoven, but are still completely separate. But, I understand how you see it. I suppose it just differs. No worries, I may be wrong, and I’m ok with that. The stacking thing maybe correct for all I know.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So we agree with the theory on time but you see it as being interlaced?

I was wondering if you had another theory.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think I set it up that way because it's easier to pair it with 3 dimensional calculus if you look at it like that but I don't see your way of looking at it as being any different. Two ways of seeing the same thing.

17. meowkittenmeow

Interlaced. Similar to the “flying car argument. There isn’t a need for one as there are multiple layers to transportation that include levels of height and interwoven technology. Basically, roadways, bridges, and exits, compounded with planes and underground subways systems.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I like it. Just impossible to show using calculus but we aren't actually doing any equations right here so I'm on board. A gravitational field for example could be an exit to another highway or plane.

19. meowkittenmeow

Potentially. I mean, we could through black holes into the mix for fun.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Actually some of it's possible to show using calculus because the closer you get to the object the stronger the field. You would just look insane showing each step....lol. I could write some code that would help. So with or without black holes it's possible.

But yeah. I find black holes fascinating. We can't leave them out completely.