The Random Science Thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by Beasty, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Would you time travel? If yes, what year would you go to?

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I would only if I had some beneficial serum from the future that I could use as an edge. I would compound that by teaching myself all that I know like some sort of kryptonian computer.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What year?

I would do it if I could stash 100's of millions and bring my mom with me. I would probably go to year 2120. I don't want to go too far because of inflation and uncertainty. I would just take my time learning the new tech when I got back.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We aren't observing life from the outside, we are a part of it and not separate. Each person's total experience of life is through their one living body that they have.. We aren't just related to apes, we are apes.

We didn't evolve from other apes, we share a common ancestor.

How Did We Realize That Humans Are Just One of the Great Apes?
    https://www.realclearscience.com/ar...ns_are_just_one_of_the_great_apes_110510.html
    "Nowadays technological advances mean that whole genomes can be sequenced. Over the past decade researchers have published good draft sequences of the nuclear genomes of the chimpanzee, orangutan, gorilla and the bonobo.
    More and better data are steadily being accumulated, and in 2013 a review of ape DNA based on the genomes of 79 great apes was published.

These new ape genome sequences support the results of earlier analyses of both nuclear and mitochondrial DNA that suggested modern humans and chimpanzees are more closely related to each other than either is to the gorilla."

Chimpanzee finger and Human finger

[​IMG]

6. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

That's the common misconception, that we evolved from apes. But, actually, apes, monkeys, and humans evolved from a common ape-like ancestor.

It bugs me, as a student of Anthropology, when people say that we evolved from apes.

7. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member