Thought on Plenty of Fish (POF) Dating Site

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by JEGSATX, Jun 19, 2016.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

Then you would think they would have some money (car, etc).

There are guys on there who are prisoners too.

2. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Yikes

3. K

K Well-Known Member

Yep! some have pics in their cells even...they are right up front with it. Makes you wonder how many arent.

4. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Well at least you know he was not at the bar last night

5. K

K Well-Known Member

LOL

I had a guy hit me up and he was in prison out here (a well known one) and I had another guy who was talking to me at that time who works there.

6. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

oh no

7. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

It's real in the field!!! :smt070

Just because people are broke doesn't mean that they don't want to socialize and have sex - :smt042 That goes for women with 5 kids, people in jail, men who live at home and those going through middle age crisis. Everybody needs companionship...some people need marriage and others need to get a nut, but not everyone can have everything;)

8. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

True that but those people aren't for me and I gave them a try before....

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I've tried a few dating sites in the past. A couple things I learned from them...

1. If you have a high annual income... hide it. There are an assortment of women who you have absolutely nothing in common with, but based on your earnings, will harass you to no end

2. Stick to your guns. If you want a woman who earns a similar amount as you, has a degree, doesn't smoke or do drugs, and doesn't have a bunch of kids from a bunch of different fathers, let it be known. If you don't, you will get messages from the bottom of the barrel who expect the most out of you.

3. Don't post too many photos of yourself. If you are even remotely attractive, someone is going to steal them for catfish purposes.

4. If you prefer a certain race, ethnicity, etc. (similar to sticking to your guns), let it be known. There is nothing worse then getting messages from the sistas if you aren't into them (It seems like they feel they own you somehow). Because many will look at your income, education, and looks and not even read your about me section... so, set your preferences before hand.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  10. K

K Well-Known Member

Ok I want an update on how it went for the OP

11. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

I think it takes months to come to a conclusion on a dating website.

12. K

K Well-Known Member

Seriously?

Nah - takes a couple weeks max.

13. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Be attractive, be tall, have good style, have social pics with people who look cool. Have pics of you out with hot girls. If you're ripped, use a shirtless pic at a beach or something. Look like you have money. Don't come off as a nice guy. Throw some doucheyness in your profile. Your text hardly matters, especially if you have shitty pics (unattractive, bad style, nothing but selfies, pics with people who don't look cool). Dating profiles are about pics.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

I don't think the older guys do well when they have pics of themselves with women in them.

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Other than POF,what other dating websites that is good?

16. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

That's the benefit of being a woman with a bunch of horndog men running around :)

If a guy creates a profile I bet it takes him 6 months to get the amount of hits that an average looking woman will get in one day (15-25). It would probably take him a year to get what a very attractive woman will get in a day (probably 50-100).

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I just heard on the radio that social media dating sites are directly to blame for the increase in STD's, and in particular, Syphilis... It was under control and numbers were at a low 6000 cases in past years ...but just last year alone, it had tripled.

18. K

K Well-Known Member

Really?

Well just to put in in perspective. Yes we do get a lot of hits and may even get to interact with many but sooooo many of them are flakes and fakes. I have to wonder if maybe the actual amount who make it to a face to face meet may end up to be similar between men and women.

19. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

That's why I think a dating site for people with STDs should be publicized. We have dating sites based on religion, dating sites based on ethnicity, and even dating sites for farmers advertised everywhere, might as well advertise one for people with STDs.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They have them for Herpes and H.I.V, from what I understand.