thug govt thug cops

Discussion in 'In the News' started by goodlove, Oct 11, 2014.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah I'd imagine many homeless/poor don't want to be seen out in the open

They usually have enclaves and key locations

Along with housing they need adequate health treatment..some of them were probably sick prior to becoming homeless while others probably snapped after years on the street

Maybe one of the sites mentioned it but I didn't really read em

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

As long as decision makers aren't effected and/or can profit from not a damn thing will change.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

They often do have all sorts of other issues. One of the things that the Homes First does is to give them a place to live first. Most of the other programs will make them do all sorts of things before they get a place of their own. Often, they won't ever get to the point of getting that place. The Homes First puts them in a home first and then offers other service and they are finding it much more successful in completing the programs and keeping their place.

In SF there were a lot of people waiting in food lines at two of the churches we drove by. My friend's sister had started a program where a lot of the restaurants were donating their food (they often have so much extra) to the places that were feeding. They actually got through all the red tape and had it going pretty well. People were getting really great food. Then a story was published about it and how great it was. A bunch of people who would pay to go to those restaurants and/or couldn't get reservations they wanted were lining up to get the food for free! Gourmet upscale restaurant food for free. They started bombarding the places and pushing homeless out of line. Amazing how obnoxious people can be!!

4. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh AND....Utah is reporting the Homes First program is saving them a great deal of money even though they didn't believe it could/would work when the idea was presented.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

My faith in humanity has been restored!

God bless the queen!

As for homes first......I guess it makes sense..Maslow n stuff

People need to feel safe/somewhere to live before you can start worrying about other needs with the exception of bodily ones

6. K

K Well-Known Member

Exactly! Unfortunately, that which makes the most sense and may even be the most cost effective is all too often dismissed.

7. The Dark King

Because those making the decisions rarely if ever have to feel the effects. When you have people in congress worth 500M it's no wonder you hear dumb shit like"America's poor are the envy of the world"
    Republican btw.
    Republicans = EVIL INCARNATE.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Politicians suck, period

They're all a bunch of elite one percenters or aspiring heirs to The Demon

Put the humble poor people in charge...there's plenty of poor, intelligent college grads who couldn't do any worse

9. The Dark King

You can't say all, just the ones they shove down our throats. The decent ones seem to be all Dems/Progressives. Nothing decent has come out of that conservative cesspool in my life time.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Who's gonna stop me

Politics became corporate bullshit the moment salaries and lifelong benefits were introduced

The moment I see someone poor run for office that doesn't pay anything is the moment I'll say 'now there's a good politician'

11. The Dark King

Elizabeth Warren Barnie Frank?

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Mother teresa

Guarantee end to homelessness and starvation within first year

13. The Dark King

What's your point?

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

To troll you while I'm on my ps4

15. The Dark King

PS4? For that alone you deserve a slap.
    X-BOX or nothing

16. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Your whole "Why don't you kill cops" homotional estrogen filled response was expected. You weren't posing a real question, but just acting out in a feminine way. I'll answer your question anyway, I'm not a foot solider.

If you want to have a mature adult conversation you are going to have to be very specific what situations you are talking about.

Michah Johnson, Christopher Johnson, and Eugene Long were completely justified in their heroic unselfish actions giving the ultimate sacrifice, their lives for a change. It's unfortunate it had to come to this but something has to give.

"The journey of 10,000 steps starts with 1 single step"

17. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Smh

18. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

That's your opinion and I respect that.

19. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

North...Original topic ....

Go ahead

20. hellified

hellified Active Member

You can draw a direct line from police brutality and cops who abuse their authority today right back to the LE of the 1800s post slavery. LE has ALWAYS been used as a force to keep the black community under thumb and LE agents have always had wide discretion in how they uphold the law as long as they upheld the law be it codified or defacto.

In the United States, the Black Codes were laws passed by Southern states in 1865 and 1866, after the Civil War. As the war ended, the US Army implemented Black Codes to regulate the behavior of Black people in general society. A central element of the Black Codes were vagrancy laws. States criminalized men who were out of work, or who were not working at a job whites recognized. Failure to pay a certain tax, or to comply with other laws, could also be construed as vagrancy.

Nine southern states updated their vagrancy laws in 1865–1866. Of these, eight allowed convict leasing (a system in which state prison hired out convicts for labor) and five allowed prisoner labor for public works projects. This created a system that established incentives to arrest black men, as convicts were supplied to local governments and planters as workers.

Jim Crow laws came after and lasted from 1870s to the 1960s just like with Black Codes Law Enforcement was given wide discretion on how to enforce and uphold the law where minorities were concerned.

In the 20st century...you see this again with the war on drugs and privatization of the prison system. Again LE exercised wide discretion in jailing, profiling and killing blacks based on the laws and attitudes of today.

Just LAST YEAR the JUSTICE DEPARTMENT released a report that found that LE was still operation on some system that was used to enforce Jim Crow laws. Ronald Davis, Community Oriented Policing Services director for the Department of Justice, said at an event at the Center for American Progress. “These are operational systems and policies and practices that exist today.”

Its the legacy of those laws that fill jails with black men in disproportionate numbers since theyve been keeping stats on it. Its the legacy of those laws thats shaped the perception of "black on black crime".