Tidbits of Light for the imminent Blackout

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Archman, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

This will be a thread for all SINFUL and IMPERFECT followers of Christ to come and share tidbits of knowledge and truth in the Christian doctrine....It will serve to benefit us as an encouragement and It will serve to broaden the understanding of invested faith........

Let the frank discussion begin:

- Everything regarding belief in Christ during this life, your death at the end of this life, and a promise offered to you after this life goes back to faith in what Jesus did for you.....Everything....

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Rev. 21:4

I long for this day.

3. Archman

I asked for tidbits of light, but I got more......The fact that you two went so soon to scripture is evidence that God has already blessed this thread.
    We will not attempt to convert anyone...we will not force our belief on anyone......The debate the, the sharing, the enlightenment will stay nested in the thread for any and all curious visitors.
    We are all free moral agents who will be responsible for our own choices on a day of reconing......but as Christians as we have a moral obligation to at least passively share what know.This thread will serve as a free fountain for a sip of divine wisdom....and a library of light fortified by inspired Christians......

4. Archman

So we love the world and the pleasures of this life because this is what we know........and we fiercely protect and guard our freedoms to do as we please.....We love attention, we love music, we love and need interaction and physical love from the opposite sex,...and occasionally we consume adult beverages and indulge recreational drugs....and we tell little white lies and we cheat a little in various circumstances.....and it is obvious that we are imperfect as we go thru our lives......So we live and try to stay at peace with this standard for 20, 30 or more years........
    The question is, are we comfortable with growing old and dying with this status quo ?......Are we comfortable living in full control of the average 70-80 years before having to experience the enevitable.....Are we at peace with our selves leaving this life without having ever assigned any credit to the Creator for such an industrious body full of animated flesh......Are we interested in a promise of continued long term life or has this been enough.........It is amazing that so many of us do not ponder these questions until our twilight years arrive or.... tragically before the trap door of a sudden abrupt death opens up to slip us and our choice away into oblivion........

When sinners die, their own hopes die with them,
    for they rely on their own feeble strength (Proverbs 11:7)

5. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. (1 Corinthians 10:13 NASB)

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

(I'm preaching to the choir with this one)

"So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." Romans 10:17

Speak the Word of God into your life - after all, whose lips are closest to your ears?

7. Archman

.......NCBradin's Message was worthy of revival in my thread........the terrible reaction it got was significant to remember but needed to stay buried......The folks never understood that:..... Truth brings freedom, While lies bring bondage...and that false Gods bring false promises...May God bless NC Bradin for what he tried to do.

8. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Oh, Pani. Where have you been? Don't you know the Bible is irrelevant for today? Fairy tales and myths, I tell ya. :rolleyes:

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Too bad more Christians don't act christ like instead of promoting doom and gloom. Be kind to your neighbors and leave all judgement to God.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It was never said that man cannot judge...just that man be righteous, fair and impartial about it, show no favoritism....

Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.

'Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor.'

-Leviticus 19:15

11. The Dark King

Did Christ judge?

12. Archman

Dude,
    I think it is more an attempt at urgent coaxing and frantic coercion than judging.....the egregious mistake mutitudes are making is that they think they can be casual with time.....how wrong they are.....we are actually entering into the time of great tribulation....

It is very important to note: that If you are not growing in Christ, the scriptures say this will all be FOOLISHNESS to you-----Point blank !!

In Matthew 24:21, Jesus says, "For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.

....the point is, if you are not cladded and girded in Christ during that time, you will be totally unprepared for what you will be confronted with....

Luke 21:25–26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear of looking after those things which are coming on the earth.......

13. The Dark King

Ok Arch tell me when there hasn't been great tribulation? World War II could have just as easily been the end of the world. Why now? I'm not saying things aren't bad in a sense but when I think about global history or current events there are always some parts of the world way worst than others. People in the Congo have it bad right now, people in the middle ages had it really bad with never ending wars and plagues. I just don't see how now is any worst than then outside of us having the technology to be aware of everything all the time.
    I am not devout like you or Ches but I do take the teachings of Christ very seriously and I use my time to be good to others and myself. All else is in God's hands and those of us who truly have faith in that allow things to be as they will be.

14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

God is not at fault in most of the things that non-believers find fault with. Man perverts scripture and uses it to further his own wicked schemes, and God gets the blame.

15. Tirkah

Tirkah Active Member

You can't shame me for not contributing.

Ezekiel 23:19-20

Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

And for those of you that prefer KJV:

Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt. For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

16. The Dark King

Say word women were size queens even back then lol

17. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

You're terrible :smt042

18. Archman

2 Timothy 3: 1-5

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God;
    Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

19. The Dark King

At what point in history has man not acted like this?

20. Archman

[​IMG]
    .........Eternity is too long….. and Today is too short….. for you not to know if you are saved in your heart……