Trayvon Martin's Murder

Discussion in 'In the News' started by goodlove, Mar 8, 2012.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

2. Nebula J

Nebula J New Member

reality

if you're black, male, and walking

you are suspicious:smt013

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

if it aint white it aint right

ya'll know that

:(

17 years old and the guy isnt in jail...doesnt get anymore flagrant than that, amerikkka

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Let's keep following this story. I hope this child and his family get justice.

5. Nebula J

Nebula J New Member

A situation similar almost happened to me when I was a teen.

I was locked out of my house after football practice, and I had no cell phone, so I went over and rang my neighbor's doorbell to ask if I could use their phone to call my parents. Next thing I know this hillbilly jackass had a gun pointed at my chest.

Shit, I had to start naming other neighbors' names to not get shot.

6. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I saw this on my news feed this morning. I pondered whether or not to make a thread but I decided to wait for someone else to make one.

Condolences to Trevon (I think that's his name). I can't believe he lost his life to a white guy who was trigger happy. This should make breaking news on CNN and on the front pages of newspapers as well. Everyone needs to know. This country needs a wake up call to what is going on now.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

time will tell..hopefully

like the article said, the family is worried the shooter might get a self-defense rap

u know..self defense from a 17 year old Black kid, looking to buy candy

8. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

So wrong.

He was a good looking boy. I hope his family at least gets justice though it won't bring their son back. :(

9. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

No, they need to do even more JordanC.

The white guy should get executed. That evens things out.

The Supreme Court should intervene. If he just gets a slap on the wrist during the trial then it shows that our country is inherently racist and cannot support minorities well enough for them to function in society.

I'm also going to talk about this in my African American Studies class tomorrow.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

now this is exactly what young kids should do in college

discussion of social issues is a centerpiece of intellectual discovery

11. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Agreed. As of a matter of fact, I answered a question for that class yesterday for homework and mentioned that even back then, black people were shot for just existing.

3. It can be argued that as a result of the Atlantic slave trade and chattel slavery, anti-black racism, in attitude and practice became deeply embedded in the American personality, culture and institutional arrangements, discuss.

In the Appeal, David Walker states “I have come to the immovable conclusion that the Americans have, and do continue to punish us for nothing else, but for enriching them and their country”. This was also known as “Avarice”. His Appeal was distributed in both the black and white communities and he consistently references whites as being “our natural enemies”. However, he claims that the presence of the slave trade causes whites to be the natural enemies of blacks, due to the way those African slaves were treated. This is a fundamental basis of why anti-black/anti-white racism existed in American personality, culture and the institutional arrangements from both the black community and the white community. Walker concludes by recommending the possibility of emigration out of America to countries such as Canada and Haiti.

Whites (especially white southerners) took the most emotional damage after reading David Walker’s Appeal. A group of white men in Georgia vowed to assassinate David Walker and offered a $1,000 dollar reward for someone else who carried out the task. However, the Appeal had “electrified” the black community and provided them with a gateway/courage out of the clutches of slavery. Many slaves had risked their lives to distribute the writings in Walker’s Appeal. Some Negroes died due to gunshot wounds as a result.

12. JordanC

I said they need to get justice. So you are punching at air. I didn't say how. :confused:

13. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Agreed. This makes me sick & pisses me off. My heart goes out to his family, & I pray they get the justice they deserve. It's a parent's worst nightmare to lose a child, especially when it's at the hands of some twisted, wanna be vigilante, trigger-happy psycho who the child had no chance against, shooting him down like he was a criminal or a dog. The senselessness & ugliness of it all is heart-breaking & infuriating. It makes a parent want to never let their children leave the house, so we can protect them from the world. May that baby RIP.

14. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I with you that

16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I worry about my son hitting his teenage years for this precise reason. Care to share any helpful strategies for how you helped your son make it?

But remember, shining light on this tragedy IS justice, not just incarcerating the murderer.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Waiting for Paniro's response or from one those other cocksuckers who say I hate white people because I point out how slanted our legal system is. The fact whites out number us five to one should show at least few white innocent teenagers getting killed funny how that NEVER happens huh.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The best way for you to protect your son is to stack your money and social standing and keep your kid around influential whites. Name dropping has saved my ass more than once or better yet having a state judge or state senator's grandson or nephew when you do some dirt is golden. Its sad that we have to live in fear of this shit.

19. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Honestly, I prayed a lot, gave him lots of love & support, & I did my best to make him understand that he had to be extremely careful & watch his back at all times, to be smart in his decision making, to stay out of trouble, & to choose his friends wisely so their choices don't reflect poorly on him, etc...especially since there are people who will look at him with disdain & suspicion for no good reason.

In being honest with them about what can happen out in this ugly, hateful world, it's hard to balance making them mindful without making them fearful to the point where their afraid to live their lives or without encouraging a victim mentality, which only serve as hindrances in life.

It's also hard that they don't always listen or take what we try to teach them as seriously as they should, but as most of us know, that's the way life tends to work. We just have to love them, teach them well, try our best & hope that they have the best life possible. Of course, we'll never stop worrying about them, even as irritating as they find that to be.

20. JordanC

The boy in the vid was killed in a fancy neighborhood by a white man. So how would any of this have prevented it. I am being serious.