Tupac & Madonna

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Kid Rasta, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Tupac had worked hard for Quincy Jones' daughter to date him.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

What do you call it when someone breaks up with you because you're the wrong skin color??
    LOL.

Tupac looking back was an extremely conflicted individual. He worshipped the ground one of Quincy Jones' daughters walked on, who happened to be biracial, but couldn't rock with the Italian Madonna because she was too 'White'.

Tupac in his private life was about as thug as my big toe.

Deep down he was a sensitive, soft, emotional, heartbroken BM in search of love that his peers would approve of.lol

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Another black male celebrity who has constraints on who can choose to be with because of the limitations placed upon him by society, himself or both. I was never a huge Tupac fan and even if he hadn't broken up with Madonna at that point that doesn't mean he wouldn't have broken up with her eventually anyway. But still African American males, more than any other group I'm aware of, allow others to dictate who they should be hooking up with.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

His softer side was no secret, it is in his music.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

Interesting. In my experience, black men are more apt to embrace and express their individual preferences than other men.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Who is this Quincy Jones biracial daughter y'all talking about? It obviously can't be Rashida Jones because she's too young.

7. ColiBreh1

To who? It's frowned upon/controversial for Black Men (especially Celebrity BM) to acknowledge/admit they prefer Lightskin BW, Biracial BW, or Non-BW (ESPECIALLY WW). It's only acceptable for BM to say they're into darkskin BW or BW in general.

Just look at the controversy the last couple weeks because Rapper Kodak Black says he's not into darkskin BW.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  8. ColiBreh1

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

In the name of civil rights? Hard to argue? This country is so fucked up at times, trying to use civil rights as an excuse to be against interracial dating between black men and white women. More proof as to why people can go somewhere with that whole gay and other IR relationships being taboo.

10. darkcurry

And the fact that the media is watering down the letter when he goes much deeper and talks about how he has grown out of that "image" and it is no longer about HOW he is perceived which is the main point of the apology shows the hidden disdain the media has for black men with white women.

11. ColiBreh1

What are they saying in the comments section?

12. darkcurry

I didn't check it out. I was responding to that crap Harvey and Van was saying. But on twitter at least I have seen for the most part people aren't falling for TMZ's racebaiting and have read the letter and realized he was speaking in past tense.

13. ooieooie

ooieooie Member

The comment sections on youtube videos on this topic are pretty varied, with many being very troll-y.

You know what though? The media is making this very much about race (and it is), but no one's really mentioning how creepy the letter is when you read passages like:
    "I felt compelled to tell you... in case anything happened 2 me."
    "Please be careful Madonna. Everyone is not as honorable as they seem. There are those whose hearts bleed with envy and evil."
    "P.S. If there is any information you can share with me regarding Jack & Crew please do. I could be a matter of Life & Death."
    "It's funny but this experience has taught me not to take time 4 granted."

Kind of foreboding-creepy, right? Or is it just me? :/ hah

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They're talking about Kidada, Rashida's older sister. The one that was engaged to Tupac.

15. ColiBreh1

Where in that timeline of dating Madonna for a year & being engaged to Rashida Jones' older sister was Tupac invloved with Jada Pinkett Smith?

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Tupac and Jada Pinkett went to HS together in Baltimore.

17. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I think this is so sad for both of them.

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Madonna got Basquiat and Big Daddy Kane notches on her bedpost too. LMAO. Ol' girl got around back in the day

19. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

She is a goal getter in every part of her life.

20. darkcurry

Wow, I totally forgot about that one. Good find and reminder man.
    [​IMG]

She will eventually go down as one of the most open minded white female celebs in history.