unarmed WM killed by police in Iowa...no one cares

Discussion in 'In the News' started by lippy, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I found this interesting snippet on a Gun violence statistics page.

Percent of Recovered Crime Guns First Legally Purchased In-State:

Pennsylvania: 78%

New Jersey: 27% (18% from PA)

New York: 28%

Source: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)

Also it said that Gun dealers had "Lost" 30,000 guns in just one year, put them out of business and you might make a dent.
    There is no quick fix, it takes time to see a decrease in numbers but the way things are for you guys now, it will only get worse.
    Banning firearms for the General public is the first step I'm afraid.

2. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

To be accurate Bilbo, those 310 million country guns pose a minimal threat to the city dwelling TDK and his family....his threat is more prone to come from the guns of the opportunity seeking thugs of the Bronx. .........TDK is too sane to take his familyand go looking for confrontation in the country ..the deterrent however, has had its effectiveness because the word is out that country folks are armed and so home invasions, arm robberies, and car jackings of country folks has become less of rational choice for career thugs. ....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Arch....need u to clarify

4. Archman

Clarify what? ????....Who is now openly targeting police officers for shooting, who is targeting innocent white people for race revenge killings, who best thrives in the atmosphere buildings burning, looting and disorder, who is trying like hell to ignite an all out race war with police and hopefull have a break-down of law and order. ......My brother Goodlove .... clarify what..... ....

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah. Just wanted to make sure that you are saying that.

Because no one was talking this when the pennsylvania man shooting the two cops or when clive bundy people killed the two cops or when tge klansman last yr shot up a jewish synagogue. Where were u when that church got shot up or last week or so a wm killed a cop....where was u and the all lives matter group.

Are you blaming black lives matter? How?

Who is reponsible for those killings listed above?

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well made point you're a little off on your facts but the point has been made regardless

7. The Dark King

Now look up gun statistics in countries that have all out bans

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Must be why all those affluent people down South live in gated communities, because of the right to bear arms.:smt069

Armed robberies, home invasions and car jackings happen down South too, in big cities and small towns, even though they practically give you a firearm with your birth certificate.

Having a firearm may give a homeowner a sense of security and peace of mind, but if you're the victim of a home invasion style robbery it's unlikely you'll be able to get your hands on your weapon in time to defend yourself.

Unless you keep your gun in your bedroom.

And who wants to get in a shootout in their home with their loved ones as potential collateral damage??

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

Thank u.

What ticks me off is that we will throw thugs at blacks but whites will not get that titles when they act up. What is the klan about?

When something pop off all blacks or a movement (this movement, the black lives matter movement, is about saving lives and justice) are held accountable but not everyone else in that group he/she maybe from.

10. The Dark King

Pretty mich. Black person talks in a "disrespectful " way equals thug. White guys pointing guns at cops are Patriots? Wtf.

11. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

This is what I've never understood about people's argument that they want guns for their own protection in the home. Unless you're lucky enough to hear the intruder initially enter your home, your legally registered and secured firearm will do you no good. The criminal will most likely be upon you (or very near) before you wake up and realize what's going on.

We have guns but we also have children so everything is secured in such a way that our kids could never be in harms way with them. If someone broke into our home when I was alone, those guns wouldn't help me in the least.

12. The Dark King

Cross reference how many gun owners have alarm systems and dogs for that reason. It's early warning and again if law abiding gun owners aren't the problem why on earth should they be the focus?
    It's like applying this logic to drug use. If law abiding people who buy legal weed aren't causing the damage like meth heads or crackheads why are they in the conversation?

13. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The only thing I'd like to see is a ban on semi automatic assault rifles and a background check on all gun purchases.

We'll never see a total ban on firearms because we'll never have two-thirds of the U.S. ratify a change to the 2nd Amendment.

Gun ownership is cultural in some parts of the country and socially ingrained almost as much as belief in God and the Bible.

14. RaiderLL

My point is take out the alarm and dog and you're left with your gun (which is what we're taking about here). If it's secured properly, it won't be of any help when an intruder is standing over you in bed.

The gun violence issue in America seems impossible to fix at this point, which is incredibly scary and sad. It's so far gone, I can't imagine the time, energy, resources it would take to even make a dent in getting us back on the right track. Personally, I'm not opposed to the idea of citizens not being allowed to own guns. It'll never happen though so you don't need to argue me on that opinion lol.

15. Archman

The whole purpose of gun ownership for protection is defeated if you don't have it ready by bed.......If a home invader manages to break into my home at 3:30 in the morning, he will still be doing good if he just steals and leaves, ........but if he comes through my bedroom door, what I have for him will produce nothing short of a closed-casset funeral...... no mortician in the world could prepare him to be viewed in a wake................

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I get the home protection but ak-47 17 rpund clip with 100 boxes of extra rnds on yhe side...
    Wtf

17. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

So you need a dog, security system and guns to be safe in your own home?

I'll stick with my dog and locking my door.

Don't know how some of you sleep at night with the constant threat of violence you're under. :(

18. RaiderLL

Having a loaded firearm "ready by bed" is absolutely unacceptable when you've got children in the home. CA requires our guns to be stored, locked at all times if children live there (or if anyone lives there who's not legally permitted to own a gun). NY has the same law I believe (heads up for the future TDK). Whether that "defeats the purpose" of owning them or not, it's for the safety of our children so it's what we do. It's what any responsible, gun owning parent would do.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Accidental shootings happens way more iften than shooting an intruder.

Just recently a cop "accidently" shot his wife.
    Murder is often done by someone by the victim knows than a stranger

20. RaiderLL

Very true. The people who own guns for self defense either store them in an unsafe manner or they presume they'll have the time to get to their gun in the event of an emergency. My guy falls into the latter lol. They're a hobby for him but he believes he can get to it quickly if need be. I respectfully disagree ;)