Virgil Abloh and his wife, Shannon

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by FlyStokely, Mar 15, 2017.

1. FlyStokely

FlyStokely New Member

Virgil is a fashion designer and creator of the Milan based brand, ''Off-White''. he was the art director for Watch the Throne and Yeezus. he was nominated for a grammy because of his work on watch the throne. he has been married to his wife for 8 years now in April. they have two kids, a daughter and son.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

She looks like Amy Schumer.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's what I was going to say. She favors her especially around the chin.

4. FlyStokely

FlyStokely New Member

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11/28/21

Virgil Abloh, an artistic director for Louis Vuitton and the founder and CEO of fashion house Off-White, has died after a private battle with a "rare, aggressive form of cancer," according to posts from the brands. He was 41.

Abloh, a fashion trailblazer and frequent celebrity collaborator, died Sunday after fighting Cardiac Angiosarcoma, according to a post shared to his verified Instagram account. Louis Vuitton and Off-White also confirmed his death on their social media accounts.

He was a pioneer in the fashion world, serving as the first Black man to lead Louis Vuitton menswear and just one of two people of color in charge of a major fashion house.

"Through it all, his work ethic, infinite curiosity, and optimism never wavered," the post read. "Virgil was driven by his dedication to his craft and to his mission to open doors for others and create pathways for greater equality in art and design. He often said, 'Everything I do is for the 17-year-old version of myself,' believing deeply in the power of art to inspire future generations."

Abloh is survived by his wife, Shannon Abloh, his children, Lowe and Grey Abloh, his sister Edwina Abloh, his parents, Nee and Eunice Abloh.

[Via USA Today]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This reminded me of Chadwick's private battle with that disease just last year.

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I wasn't familiar with him or his considerable accomplishments, but I just read a bit about him on another Celebrity R.I.P. thread. A major talent. R.I.P.