Walmart to Remove all Confederate Flag Merchandise From Stores

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Since1980, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh I see...thanks for the geographical insight.

It's funny, when I visited a friend in Atlanta. I spent 4 days there and never saw the flag, so I don't know. Probably because it's a black city and no one would dare.

My best friend confirms what you said, though..that you do see it everywhere ( she is moving to Port Charlotte soon also and visits monthly).

You really should work for the Florida Tourism Board. You certainly know-how too pretty it up. Nice work.
    About that tax-free...what is? sales tax?

2. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Atlanta is the south Florida of Georgia. There are tons of transplants who could care less about the flag. Outside.if Atlanta, a lot of this state is basically a cross between Gone With the Wind and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wow...l just hope that they didn't carry over the racism to the degree it was. Time to put it away. 'Admire' it in a book or what the he'll ever, just stop assaulting people's sensibilities flying it or waving it.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It don't take a lot of effort to "pretty up" Florida. If you don't believe me just ask someone that's moving here. :smt081

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

The overt racism isn't really all that bad, especially in the medium sized and larger cities. It's the more rural, out of the way places where trouble normally finds you.

Even then, that damn flag is everywhere. That I couid definitely do without.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Trust me, my best friend recently bought property down there. A huge house and land. She is building a small additional house on it for me and mine - she won't take no for an answer. They constantly tell me how beautiful it is... the beaches...the weather. within a year I'm there or I stay in this shit hole Philadelphia and visit her there..lol.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Totally understand, mate.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

BTW I've had two idiotic state governments try to assess me with a tax liability when I wasn't even living there at the time. They forced me to prove that i didn't owe them taxes while they openly admitted that they had no proof and therefore no evidence that i owed them anything. My appreciation of a state that has no income tax runs deep for good reason.

They couldn't answer this simple question I asked "What gave reason for your state to assess me with a tax liability for the year.........."

State governments suck and the less you have to deal with them the better.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lol, sounds like Philly. We have State AND city wage tax. That's why County lines matter. Cross the road and tada, no city wage tax. But our Democrats got hip and voted even if you live outside the city lines, if you work in Philly, pay up.
    Stunned you don't pay even State wage tax in FL. Niiice.

Btw, those last two sentences has you sounding like a fiscal republican :p

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I love it here too, I just don't venture north of Clearwater on the Gulf side or Vero Beach on the Atlantic coast unless I'm going to Orlando or leaving the state.

I love Atlanta too. That's my overnight spot driving between FL and IL/MO. Other than that, I don't see much of GA beyond I-75. That being said, the hotel staff in Macon were really friendly back in 2012.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You don't like Daytona?

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah it is nice. For the most part it assures us that we don't have to worry about dealing with unnecessary grief from a slow and incompetent government unless we become felons or get caught up in the child support system.

Sounding like a republican? LOL. They often sound good in theory, but it's the outcome of their actions that I measure their words by.

Anyway, I hope Philly gives back in service to the community some of what they take but I know that's a stretch. Hey look at the school system......

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015