Warrior on Cinemax

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Young Herschel, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Best new show I've seen this year so far. Produced by Bruce Lee' s daughter and set in 19th century San Francisco, CA it is so well developed and multiple tiered. Just watch the first three episodes in succession and you're off to the races!!! Plus a beautiful blue-eyed blonde with a lush golden treasure trove (mayor's wife) you please :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah I got into it back in February. It is a pretty awesome show!

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Yeah, the show goes pretty hard.

4. Young Herschel

I'm on episode 9 right now ~ "Chinese Boxing" and its the best one yet . . . absolutely magnificent!!

This is the PERFECT bingable COVID-19 stay at home quarantined show lol :)

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Synopsis:

Season two follows rival Chinatown tongs, the Hop Wei and the Long Zii, as they fight for dominance amidst the growing anti-Chinese racism that threatens to destroy them all.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Had to butt in to point out I do not watch this show. I REFUSE to watch this show. To watch it would be too painful. I would be too fucking envious as a black man to see a show with an Asian male lead being able to kick ass in a series GEARED to the male viewing audience. As black men we don't get this. Have you noticed nearly every damn show with black leads is female-centric? Even if a "black show" doesn't have women as the leads, the narrative must still largely be about black women and how they are the greatest moms, wives, girlfriends, etc of the world. The show must be made in a way that it attracts black female viewers. And black male lead characters must always have a black woman attached to them like a limb which typically means black guys choices for a love interest is fairly limited (the exact opposite when its black women are the leads). At least this is how it is for American made shows.

HBO now seems to have about ten shows in which a black female is the lead or at least the female lead. But what are black guys given? Lovecraft? Hell, even with that show the time is distributed equally among the women. The closest thing to a macho black male series was the overrated "Power" and even that one decided to cater to black women and their idiotic black male suckups by breaking up Ghost and Angie, then hardly doing anything with them and then killing off Angie. And now Starz has coming a bunch of spinoffs and prequels of "Power" which are about every character other than Ghost (whose dead too) and Angie.

Meanwhile Asian males can get Warrior in which they are the TRUE heroes and TPTB don't cater to Asian women. The Asian dudes get to be the lone badasses and presented as desirable by having their shirts off and doing cool things that draw in a multi-racial audience, unlike the shitty black shows which stays within a kind of ratings ghetto by only appealing to black people who don't require intellectual curiosity or cinematic flare in their TV consumption. Hispanic guys have it similarly made with the Mayans bike gang show in which the Latinos males are the main leads and they can even have white chicks as their love interests. And no one complains about it. That's fucking freedom. On the other hand when a "Godfather of Harlem" comes along all I see on social media is bitching about one supporting black male character having a Romeo and Juliet type of relationship with a white girl.

I wish I could block that out and just watch "Warrior" but I'm too wired at this point to be able to enjoy something like that because two minutes in I would just be asking myself why black men in 2020 still can't get anything like this.

7. Young Herschel

Damn @JamalSpunky lol . . . this touched you in some type of way huh?

As a longtime fan of her father the legendary Bruce Lee, I was just overjoyed that Sharon lived long enough to see a multi-cultural American society where several Asian-themed projects have been successfully greenlit . . . her dad got so discriminated against by the White patriarchy that they took "Kung Fu" from him and gave the starring role to a White man (David Carridine).

We HAVE witnessed projects with strong black leading males @JamalSpunky . . . "Luke Cage" and "Blade" instantly came to mind and in fact both characters had romantic relations with non-black women. "Warrior" is a show which transcends racial limitations for me and again its heartwarming to see Sharon Lee get TPTB to see the light and allow her to fulfill her father's vision on American television :)

I hope they follow thru on the finale episode where we meet the first black characters . . . Bruce held Black men among his first American students and closest friends as portrayed on ESPN: 30 for 30 "Be Like Water". So I'm sure he would want Sharon to expand the cast of the series to include the Black experience too . . . if only gradually in season 2. Bruce held great admiration for the Black Civil Rights struggle for equality during his time in Washington and North California.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  8. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean that seems a bit hyperbolic to me can you any shows besides Warriors and Mayans that do that. These shows are more exceptions if you ask me.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Who the hell did Blade have a romantic scene with? His mom?
    And Luke Cage got two seasons fam and ended with a whimper

10. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Probably with that one female vampire in the final scene in Blade 2

11. The Dark King

He held her while she died that was their entire relationship

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Young Herschel

Didn't Luke Cage have relations with Jessica Jones?? I'm thinking Rosario Dawson too. Blade II had the latina from "Cleopatra" ~ Velaria something or other.

13. The Dark King

Like gof her in her series as a quick lay
    Blade got nothing outside of scene where the chick died in his arms

14. Young Herschel

Maybe I stand alone in this assessment but I felt his relatonship with the Vampire Princess transcended just her final five minutes . . . they went thru so much in that film!!

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I heard they cut a sex scene lol

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

Also Cut wesley snipes and diane lane sex scene in murder at 1600 !!

17. The Dark King

Damn really?

18. The Dark King

Did they? They didn't even kiss fam.

19. Young Herschel

Well TDK they still went thru so damn much. Just because their relationship never manifested into kissing & fucking does not negate its emotional legitimacy (Blade is generally emotionless by nature). Was "Overlord" an enjoyable IR horror/sci-fi flick even though the surviving BM/WW characters never manifested into physical activity beyond hugging?

20. The Dark King

Wait what? Ok if you say so lol