Watched Movies Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Tamstrong, Oct 26, 2019.

1. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

My assumption is if I took magic mushrooms I’d feel like I was in a scene out of everything everywhere all at once lol I got so bored towards the end and cursed my friend out for forcing me to see such a crackheaded movie at a cinema after a nine hour day at work on a Friday night lol. The concept/meaning is cool though.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Saw only Bullet Train. Exciting.

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Saw it and it's good.

4. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I didn't participate in Barbenheimer, though I seriously considered it.

However, I did see Barbie and LOVED it. I'll admit it, when I heard Ryan Gosling was cast as Ken, I was like, why, he looks nothing like the Ken doll.

Boy, was I wrong. He stole the movie. He was amazing. But, now I wonder, did I prefer the Kens to the Barbies because I've been brainwashed in the patriarchy or just because they were more fun and entertaining? LOL.

(If you saw the movie, you'll get my reference).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Barbie is a political message movie?

6. Bookworm616

Absolutely. It's a woman empowerment movie. There is more drama in the movie than I was expecting. I think the Ken parts were to help people keep being entertained whilst learning the message of the movie.

It's still a great movie, but don't expect it to be funny and goofy all the time.

A lot of people say it's anti-men, but I didn't really see that message. I left the movie thinking it kind of reinforced that old adage of behind every great man is a woman. That's kind of how I saw it. I'm sure I missed the entire point of the movie, LOL, but I wasn't really emotional about the big monologue by America Ferrera like others were.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Hmmm.....ok, I was thinking it was going to be like the Lego movie, ya know, silly and clever with a heartwarming ending.

8. Bookworm616

It was definitely marketed as a lighthearted Lego type movie (that's what I was expecting when I saw it).

I was surprised at how much drama was in it. I mean, you don't really feel the drama much because it's surrounded by the Kens being men (which is really funny), but if you take the Kens out, the movie is a bit of a downer with the drama and how women are treated in life.