Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Ok week two of training

45 minutes on treadmill at 3 mph at 8 to 15 percent incline
    30 minutes weight training

Bench press 2 sets of 25 reps at 185lbs
    Seated curl 2 sets of 15 reps at 80lbs
    tricep extensions 2 sets of 15 reps at 60lbs
    lat pull down 2 sets of 15 reps at 120lbs
    Shoulder shrugs 2 sets of 15 at 80lbs
    Seated Cable row 3 sets of 15 reps at 100lbs
    Standing curls 3 sets of 10 at 80lbs
    Flys 3 sets of 15 at 100 lbs
    Military press 3 sets of 10 at 95lbs
    Barbell Squats 3 sets of 10 at 135lbs
    Dumbell Cross Punch 3 sets of 15 reps at 10lbs

30 minutes on the elliptical

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Certainly! Just don't be mad at me with the end result when you look at your stomach later. :p

Keep up the tight work, I see you have some upper body strength already.

3. saintaugusta

saintaugusta New Member

You guys are so inspiring! As soon as I get my job situation sorted out, I'm going back to the gym. In the meantime, weather is nice, so I should start walking around the park behind my house.

Keep it up - you're awesome.

4. 4north1side2

5-23-11

I'm miserable...horrible agonizing toothache for the last couple of days... My mouth is the cleanest it's been for years... I'm talking about mutiple cleansing of peroxide, vinegar, clove leaf oil, Listerine, orajel, and ice. I was ready to blow my brains out yesterday, pain was that intense.

Didn't get to run like I was aiming for last week and I fell off my diet too...I'm back on it this week. My chest has gotten bigger. My Wife says it looks my chest was the model used for the new Batman suit lol. She gives me to much credit.

Been experiencing left shoulder pain again, wierd the pain only comes on my lifting days way before I lift. Maybe I'm sleeping on it wrong... Been feeling some other aches as well, in my legs and feet. I just want to sleep one whole day without being bothered.

The overwhelming majority of my compliments come from men now...awkward, because compliments coming from men never came to mind when I thought about getting into shape. I guess you can call them manpliments??? :confused: It's usually in the form of "Hey there big guy, how much can you lift" or "Your in great shape, I bet you get all the ladies"

They are disappointed with my corny but true responses "I don't bench", "It's all for show, there's no true power behind this frame", "I have a bike pump to fool you"...etc I crack myself up.

Ladies, it's a much more of a mixed bag. Older and drunk women seem to have no problem letting you know they like what they see. Young chicks usually don't give a fuck or have attitude of you should be worshipping me.

5. 4north1side2

5-27-11

Funny I was going to mention this in my last progress notes... Gotta watch out for them dudes with a napoleon complex who want to test you to prove just nothing. Had to put a coworker in check because he was getting out of line, he didn't like that so started getting all emotional like woman, all loud talking wreckless, doesn't give a fuck if I'm big because he busts his guns. Incident was squashed, glad it's over with.

Running has improved but nothing like year. Today I did, 1 mile 8:06 5k 28:03
    5.65 mile 1 hour

Chest Press Machine (Hammer Strength) 465lbs once.
    Getting back in the groove of running at 12.4mph for extended periods of time.

My shoulders need major work, they look so flat from the front.

Lost some more fat, abs are coming back.

Calves look more shapely.

Chest and traps still growing which gives an perception that I'm a "big guy".

If I could grow 2 solid inches of muscle all over, I'd be content.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lol

how tall are you

shorter guys usually try to out do me by bulking up (they're not getting any taller, so they just get wider), acting tough, and talking about how much they bench (wow you can bench 360lbs, gj dude! /sarcasm)

7. The Dark King

Thanks fam. You dudes are an inspiration

8. 4north1side2

6' which I consider average. I feel like everyone dwarfs me these days, esp the women without heels.

See the funny thing, is these napoleon dudes be my height or taller than me but either fat n sloppy or frail with no muscle mass.

I think this pic is from 5-23-11
    [​IMG]

I need to round out my shoulders more, my triceps still refuse to pop.

9. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

I asked one of my workout partners to take the picture below. We were doing our arm work out tonight. I like to do my weighted dips at the end of my triceps routine. I had just completed 12 sets of other triceps work when I began my dip sets. My last set was a set of 10 reps with the two 45 # plates that you see in the picture.

[​IMG]

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

haha man you gettin it in

and you weren't lying about wearing all of those damn clothes either

11. swirlman07

Yep, I'm working on my strength again. I will probably be using three 45# plates in the next month. Oh yeah, the clothes, lol, as I said, germaphobic, and it's a habit now, in during the hottest months. At least the gym has air conditioning.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah no doubt man...

I think the academy I go to has a/c in the mat rooms, but can never really tell. I'm always sweating buckets on other people (sorry)

13. lightbrotha4u

lightbrotha4u Member

now THAT is how u get your triceps to pop out...i keep telling dudes that want big arms, to simply blast their triceps.. Good job homie

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

makes me wanna hit up my dip station

havent used that thing ever since getting my 7' barbell

15. 4north1side2

Why you gotta show off like that? It's not even fair.

5/31/11

Fell off my diet last week. Ate alot of pizza and other breads. Missed Saturday and Monday's workouts. Contemplating just doing cardio for the rest of the week, shoulder pain been coming back. Going light with the weights on the legs definitely helped out with running for longer periods of time.

16. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Ummm... sorry to interrupt the testosterone here..

Annnyhoo..

I'm down to doing my 10ks in just on 50 mins which for me is a good effort. 10 ks is a bit over 6.2 miles I think.

17. The Dark King

Damn that's sexy. Anyway morning gym time. Results in a couple of hours

18. The Dark King

Today I did
    seated cable row. 3 sets 15 reps each at 120lbs
    lat pull down. 3 sets 15 reps each at 140lbs
    Bicep curls. 3 sets 15 reps each at 80lbs
    Cable curls. 3 sets 15 reps each at 50lbs
    Cable cross. 3 sets 15 reps each at 40lbs
    tricep pull downs 3 sets 15 reps each at 50lbs
    tricep skull crusher 3 sets 15 reps each at 50 lbs
    Smith machine bench 3 sets 20 reps each at 175lbs
    seated leg press 1 set 80 reps 200lbs

30 second rest between each set and 45 second rest between exercises
    half mile run and then 30 minute walk at 3.1mph at 8% incline.

Hey does any know if cutting out carbs completely can help you lose weight?

19. 4north1side2

Lies! :p

You don't have to completely cut out carbs to burn fat. Completely cutting carbs would put you into a state of ketosis which forces your body to use ketones as energy. I've done it a few times, yes you will drop the fat super quick but it's a ultra strict diet...

For now, try to eat nothing but natural foods and completely cut out all breads, even wheat. I promise you will see and feel a difference in a week.

20. swirlman07

Yes, I have actually done more as well, 200 lbs. for 10 reps, at the end of my triceps routine. I'm just starting to do them again, and I want to take it slow. I actually use my other triceps exercises to be sure my shoulders are warmed up. I've had some rotator cuff injuries in the past so I'm really careful. Do you do your dips with plates as well, at the end of your triceps workout too?

Two days a week I incorporate exercises at the end of my normal workout specifically to strengthen my rotator cuffs. It seems to help a lot and prevent problems. Have you thought about using weighted push-ups to help with your rotator problems? It's one of the exercises that I use. At the end of my chest routine I do push ups with weight on my back, 55 lbs. right now for three sets of 25 reps. I try to increase the weight by 5 lbs. each week.

I don't go really heavy now as I concentrate on muscle size and shaping but when I did I benched 370 lbs, squatted 550 lbs and dead lifted 640 lbs, at a bodyweight of 160 lbs.

By the way, I hear you on the calves. I've noticed that calves are a matter of genetics. The guys that I've seen with great calves have dads and moms with good calves as well.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011