Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

You can gain weight either way, but it's definitely tougher to do it as a vegetarian. Unless you have a specific reason to convert to vegetarianism, and you have the time and energy to put into food research and preparation, you are better off just watching what you eat, staying away from too many simple carbs, processed foods of any sort, added sugar etc.

2. swirlman07

Bro, that will never happen. That stuff is poison, chemicals for preservatives, added sugar, added salt, etc. Btw, take a look at even frozen vegetables and you can find added sugar or salt, which is crazy. I go strictly organic or fresh, nothing in cans, added sugar and salt there too, lol.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lol

yeah canned stuff has ridiculously high amounts of sodium

a can of collard greens alone has enough sodium for damn near a day

frozen foods...man they're so quick and convenient:rolleyes:

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah, todays food is a killer. the good old days of the farmer. it would be best to go to the farmers market and have grandma shell the bean and shuck the corn for you. LOL.

5. swirlman07

Because fresh foods are so important to people, you can find farmer's markets in most cities. Then, you have the option of stores like Whole Foods that carry a lot of organic and other fresh produce, organic grains etc. Of course don't forget the whole urban homesteading movement. Many cities are setting aside plots of land with the city so that individuals or groups can grow their own food, or at least some of it. This provides opportunities for people to barter food that they grow as well.

You could also do what my brother and I decided to do this year, considering the high cost of organic food. He has a large back yard and we planted a vegetable garden, carrots, cabbage, peppers, sweet potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower. I can't wait to start harvesting the produce, natural foods, and the satisfaction of having done it ourselves.

6. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Whole foods is expensive....I like your route, do it yourself, gives the whole process more meaning also (got some family time in).

7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Never got to play Planetside but it sure did and still looks awesome. They just released a free to play Arma II.

[YOUTUBE]3Mgao249jNg[/YOUTUBE]

6-13-11

Got back to the gym last week, went 4 days. Feel sore. Lost strength.

Area's that need work

1.Diet, can't stick with my diet longer than 3 days.

2.Shoulders and back equally, I've been going to soft on them lately.

3.Cardio, I need to get back to an hour of straight cardio atleast 2 days a week.

4.Feeling alot of aches and pains due to not stretching at all anymore, need to get back on it asap.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

check out the shit for Arma 3 over at gametrailers.com, from E3

for Arma 2, the core missions actually suck compared to what the community modders create. They have like 3 or 4 Navy Seal-styled campaigns, along with some British SAS ones. If you get Arma, I suggest you try them out, along with a few other addons such as Zeux AI, which allows computer controlled soldiers to engage at much longer distances. Instead of the default 200-300m engagements, you'll have guys taking shots from double that.

[YOUTUBE]HXU_sdA-j6w[/YOUTUBE]

mind you, Seal Team 6 is a community campaign, so the voice acting is kind of cheesy. But if you want more fun single player missions, it cant be beat. The amount of weapons you can choose from are ridiculous.

9. 4north1side2

Wow that looks banana's! Their was a new Operation Flashpoint released not to long ago, OF:Red River. It's trash compared to the original, to appeal to more console gamers, it's now arcadeish.

5/24/11

I completely fell the fuck off my diet and gym regimen.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

u lazy bastard :p

but yeah, Bohemia is/was the spirit of the original Operation Flashpoint. Since their split with Codemasters, they've taken the heavy sim design with them. You can do much much more with Arma, like lead entire companies (some 90 men) in the field, or you can go all the way down to a solo mission, where it's just you and some claymores.

There's a user campaign that gives you control of about 3 infantry squads, and 2 light armor platoons for a mission, where you have to retake 2 or 3 towns. The High Command interface Bohemia put into Arma makes it really easy to command your squad, and the other ones. You can reform the squads and move as one unit, or break them down for tactical situations. There's a reason why militaries around the world used Bohemia for the simulations.

11. Leksola

Leksola New Member

I came to New Zealand to ski and snowboard for a few days.

My ass and thighs hurt.

Today I'm going for a stroll in the snow to some peak somewhere... err yes we have a guide :) My man who bravely came along is inside in 5 million layers of clothing on his drums. I think most places we go where there is snow he proceeds directly from one indoor area to another,aww.

When I get home in the next few days I'm going to swim laps in the heated pool for a week or so to ease the muscles and do something different.

12. 4north1side2

Thanks for the info. I just bought a new laptop, can't run Arma II but I'mma give that WW II online game a try you mentioned before.

I'm actually enjoying the hell out of Flashpoint Flashpoint:Red River now.

7/6/11

Uhh work out here and there...eating plenty of non-nutrious foods alot. O well, no more abs. Lost muscle. Fatter.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

the WW2 game has shitty graphics, but it's more of a substance over appearance deal. If you don't mind being shot from 600m and dying with one hit, or spending lots of time planning the courses of action for you and your allies, you'll love it. It's a real deliberate game, where communication between players is a MUST. When it all comes together, it's a thing of beauty.

Myself..i'm playing Rift. Shit is like half price and I haven't had a strong workout in about a week.

14. Leksola

Leksola New Member

C mon petty, get outta that and go get sweaty!:rolleyes:

Myself I'm swimming laps this week for a change, and I'll do 8 miles on sunday steady run.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lol

i can take 2 weeks off and still look sharp:p

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah whole food is way too expensive. grow em urself or go to the farmers market. here in bama you may find one or two

17. 4north1side2

Exactly what I'm looking for. I've never been a graphics whore, shoot I still think Nintendo 64 games look amazing.

7/12/11

Diet:High protein with fruits.

I started doing push ups again last week, well fisted push ups (wrists never healed from an football injury years ago)

Started at 35 last week, up to 50 this week. Goal is 100. My best is 75.

On weightlifting days I try to do a 15 minute cardio session in the morning and a 15 minute cardio session at night.

Playing Kinect Sports a lot with family and friends.

Walk to and from work which is about a 40 min walk, 20 min run.

Go for a 30 minute stroll along the river on my work break.

I'm trying to gain size so nothing but high rep routines now.

No more weightlifting for the legs, lifting heavy weight interferred with my cardio, replaced legs with traps routines.

I'm trying to be active more at every opportunity.

18. Leksola

Leksola New Member

I don't doubt.. But it's a slippery slope my friend.

C mon.. You don't wanna be in a dark house that smells like ass, the only light some computer game.. With like furry teeth.. Muscles wasting away, cheez ball crumbs on your face.. :rolleyes:

19. swirlman07

I'm surprised that such limited cardio is causing issues with your leg routine? Whenever I'm preparing for a contest, as I'm doing now, that's exactly what I do to lose weight, 15 minutes in the morning, and another 15 min before I start my work out for the day. I always go as heavy as I can, during every routine.

Have you considered that it may be your diet? Simple carbs like fruit don't do much for sustained energy, or maintaining your abs. Maybe you should think about incorporating some complex carbs, not a lot, and reduce the amount of fruit..

20. Leksola

Leksola New Member

I decided to do my run yesterday instead.

I did 12kms (7.5) miles. I did that in 65 minutes.

I'm no expert at this and started running regularly again in April at longer distances, so I'm happy with that. Fitness is really improving again.