Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

How tall are you fam?

2. The Dark King

Morning work.
    Shit is harder than it looks and it was uphill
    [YOUTUBE]lzQEFFDQUCk[/YOUTUBE]

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Careful what you wish for. A rear view shot might be blinding with all that sunshine!

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

6ft, I got them poverty hops but because of my long ass arms I'm able to dunk. I really need to work on my vertical this summer.

5. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I can dunk

6. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't hurt nobody now.

7. empirestate86

empirestate86 Member

I find it very hard to find motivation

Hey, I want to get fit and at times I go to the gym for a few days and then the fire burns out. I don't over-train so it's not like I tire myself out. My goal is to lose weight and drop 40 pounds. Realistically how long will that take? I'm close to 200 pounds and want to drop down to at least 160. Also, do you know anything that can help me find the motivation? I'm going through a depression of somesort and I heard working out would help. But even before the depression, I didn't go to the gym or take care of myself. The only time, I was fit or at least tried to be fit was when I was fresh out of high school...I can't find that motivation I once had. I need the fam's help.

8. The Dark King

Get your ass up and move homie. Hit that iron and don't focus so much on weight loss as much as just getting yourself moving and you're diet is the main thing. It's 70% diet and only 30 % working out so you should really focus on that. Tarshi is awesome with that stuff, but if you are really serious you just need to make a plan and stick to it. NO EXCUSES.

9. empirestate86

empirestate86 Member

How do I make a plan? I dont know the first thing. I'm 5'9" and close to 200 lbs.

10. The Dark King

What do you like to do? What do you enjoy?

11. empirestate86

empirestate86 Member

I used to love to run until I realized it could damage your knees. So I stay away from it. But running outside was so...therapeutic but tough at the same time. For some reason I love working on my legs because I think they are my most powerful muscle(s) but that may be he case with everyone. I don't have the time or motivation let alone the area to run outside. I don't like going to the gym but once I'm out I feel empowered but I can't summon that feeling as a motivator to go back.

12. The Dark King

Negro quit making excuses. Do you or do you not want to change and transform your body? Yes or no?

13. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

My motivation to work out is pretty simple, and it's something that my dad and my uncle both told me a long time ago: "The young man takes care of the old man." You're in your 20s now and I'm not a whole lot older than you are but good habits now can make a big difference down the road.

When it comes to depression, I would say that working out can really make a difference. I know I feel better after I run or lift for about an hour or so. I'll never be a hardbody but if I don't stay active I go crazy after a few days.

There's always the elliptical machine if you want to keep stress off of your knees. On the other hand, walking puts pressure on your knees too and I don't think that a moderate amount of running would do that much damage. I used to run a lot a few years ago and I never had any major problems with my knees.

14. free816

free816 New Member

I tell my lazy out of shape sister all the time quit buying the hype it's 2014 a click here and have all the info on your screen, running doesn't cause knee problems being overweight does,
    Get the couch to 5k program and follow it, you like working your legs, learn the squat and deadlift ( if you have a gym membership) if not find a adult boot camp class one that has a tractor tire, bend over and flip that sucker , start a hiit program, I like running 400, rest for min repeat, then go down after a few sets 300m, 200, then run some 100m sprints 30 mins of that is plenty

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Torn hamstring... Broken foot..all in a row. Not great for progress... I'm trying to get back in shape after over a year of set back. Good thing I had a serious base to start from, but never the less frustrating. Still in a walking shoe that inhibits me from the oly lifts that IMO is the best for full on work out...... Will start my macros again in hope of a kick start.

16. satyr

satyr New Member

What are you doing, wrestling bears and shit? Damn.

My workout routine is very basic: pull ups, push ups, two 25 lb dumbbells for bicep curls and jump rope. Mix in the occasional kicking and punching katas.

Working on leg strength with Eccentric Lower (P90X).

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Ha! I wish!!!!!

BTW, I do the same weights as you for bicep curls, depending of which type.. I do 55lb for bent over rows or renegades.... Just teasing::)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  18. satyr

satyr New Member

Hmm . . . crossfit. I am skeptical but it also builds a sense of community for the participants.

I supplement pull ups with bicep curls, going from heavier bodyweight to the dumbbells. Stopping and holding mid-curl has been awesome for my arms.

19. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I don't do crossfit. Ever.

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Before breakfast, I'm going to do some low weight, high rep dumbbell stuff and then take Junior along to ride his bike while I run my 5K.