Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Basically

2. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Ok! So I started a new, stricter diet and excercise plan almost two weeks ago and while the workouts have been more demanding on the difficulty scale and constant (off once a week), double cardio twice a week... And while I haven't made it thru two whole sets of the weight circuit training simply because that crap has been hella hard...

I am proud to say (as I warm up on the treadmill) I have lost a little over 6 lbs! Finally broke that damn plateau ive been struggling with!

Motivated! Have appx 20 more lbs to lose before May 2016!

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Awesome. Proud of you

4. Cherok33

Thank you honey

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Round of applause

6. Cherok33

Thanks!

But for real you think about how hard it is to take the weight off and how hard you work but how simple it is to put it on and you don't even notice

It really makes you think about what you put into your body, and when you eat bad things if it's really worth the sacrifice and the hard work that you're going to have to put in an order to negate that temporary pleasure

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

That's the thing. People usually don't think about what they put into their bodies. They just know it's bad but don't give enough of a fuck to do anything about it.

8. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Awesomeness! We can be your cheering section as you work off those unwanted pounds.

I work out 3-4 times per week, and I love the increased energy and overall good feeling. When I do cardio... I'm a huge fan of the elliptical.

9. biosnex

biosnex Member

I saw some pictures of me a friend posted on Facebook and I almost puked! I know I have picked up weight over the years although my weight has only increased about 15 pounds since 2000. I work out so much of my size is in my back, shoulders and chest (my legs are fairly decent -in proportion to my body). But the gut thing is worse than I thought. I know I should lose the pounds and do more to reduce the girth. I guess I still have images in my head when I was 205 with a 30 inch waist. Ha! Yeah, that was a long time ago. I was so appalled at what I saw so I'm now motivated. My belly is not hanging over the pants or anything like that but it is kinda sticking out a little. I hate it!

10. 4north1side2

Started working out and eating healthier on my B-Day a few days ago.... I see positive changes already and I don't weigh as much as I thought. I'm 250lbs. My focus right now is just getting my body used to physical activity on a daily basis and easing into eating healthy daily as well.

11. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I plan to try the same thing in a week. Just easing into physical activity. Lol

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I'm done trying to bulk up. I'll just stay with the lean look. I can't afford supplements and it's too much work and too boring trying to eat totally clean. I won't fight genetics too much anymore.

13. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I remember my lean days. Smh

14. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

If genetics still play out and I stay in shape, I'll be lean into my 60s. My dad is still a beast. The men on my mom's side don't live the healthiest of lives so I can use them as a Guage.

15. 4north1side2

I envy you and your family.

The first week is always the hardest... The misses needs to hurry up home and dispense a serious back massage.

16. 4north1side2

This new job definitely gives me a work out, I need a pedometer to find out how many steps I take in a day here, been only a week. I should look like a new person come a month. Not jogging as much as I like but my legs are super weak still.... gotta gather strength.

Been hitting weights for nearly a month now. It's going well, I'm not killing myself this time around. Started off light with 4 sets of 5 reps for each body parts. I went from barely doing 2 push ups to doing 15. I just add reps a week. My high is 80 something push ups so still a long ways to go.

17. The Dark King

North stop it we've all seen you no way you're only doing 15 pushups homie unless you're injured but I respect the pump. Gotta get it in while you can

18. The Dark King

Damn that's crazy. You're lucky you can be good with just push ups and sit ups

19. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I thought I would be lean my entire life,,, NOT. When I hit the 40's, things changed. I take full responsibility for 85% of the change. Lol. My lifestyle has changed. It's all about work and family. Monday I started giving myself 30-45 mins a day for something physical (push ups, sit ups, jump rope, light weights, shooting jumpers on my court, ect).

A bit of advice Gfunk, watch yourself. It can slip away before you know it. Your metabolism won't stay the same forever. Before you know it, you will have gained 8-20 pounds at the blink of a eye.

20. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I've been taking it slow myself. No need to push it too hard. That will set you up for injury.
    I agree DK, 15 seems a bit low from what I remember about North. Hell, I'm in my 40's and can still push out 40 straight military correct push ups. Lol