Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Oh you wanna be tied up do you? That can be arranged. Lol RedheadMama is right I will beat you with these guns and probably break your arm with a clean snap lol. It's a challenge!

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

You don't even believe the words coming out of your mouth!

Now get lost before I make change you $2 buster.

[​IMG]

3. beccaomecca

Lmfao. No I believe the words. We'll see...

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

You should, especially with all of the trails around. A friend and I would often start out in Rockville and ride to Bethesda on the Bethesda Trooley trail, then the Capital Crescent trail down into the Georgetown waterfront, cross into NoVA, and finally hit one of our favorites eating spots at Southside 815. I think it was like a 24-mile ride, then we'd ride the Metro back to Rockville. Sometimes we'd cut it short in downtown DC and catch teh Metro from Dupont Circle.

Jamba Juice is addictive. I was hitting the location in Montgomery Mall pretty often then realized there's a location even closer. Like a 10 min walk.

5. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

Cheater! - J/K. That used to be my old (mountain bike) ride, but in the opposite direction. Leaving from DC is mild climb headed up to Rockville. I love riding along the canal. It's beautiful down there :smt049 I prefer that over riding up to Mt. Vernon, which was my other run/bike path.

6. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

I have 2 goofed up disc in my lower back and I wear one of those weight loss, velco/rubber type belts when I run. My stride hasn't been right since my knee surgery, but I'm now able to knock of 10+ miles w/o stopping. It has helped out a lot. Maybe you should give it a try?

I was a sub 6 miler/11 sec 100 meter. Doing 10 miles is a far cry from knee surgery and not being able to do 2 miles. I've recently started adding a few 1/4s, 200s and 100s into my workout, but I'm wary about racing the clock...which was how I used to push myself. I guess I'll get my nerve up before summer ends.

7. beccaomecca

Put in the effort and reap the rewards. Monday night prepping done.

[​IMG]

Mmmmmm.

8. 4north1side2

What is all of that?

[​IMG]

Falling off the wagon, been eating fast food and drinking a lot the past week. I get highly stressed out easily these days.... it's going to be a blah week.

9. beccaomecca

Oh yeah gosh fuck shit damn how can you even go to the gym and wear a singlet with that copious amount of bakery rolls just hanging out all over the place. I'm blinded you know. PFFFFFTTTT!!!! Bitch please you look finger licking good. Looks like you eat right to me and if you don't you hide it well.

That's just my meals for the week and morning smoothie prep for the week.

10. 4north1side2

DUHHHH!!! I wanted to know what exactly you fixed up. I need to change my diet plan.

11. beccaomecca

Alright then.
    I'll start with the meat first (suprise suprise)
    - Turkey Mince
    - Salmon
    - Chicken breast

- sweet pot
    - steamed veges consisting of carrot, cauliflower, beans and broccoli
    - moroccan quinoa
    - lime as the dressing nothing flash but tastes good anyway.

Then the smoothie or hemp seeds, flaxseeds, maca, protein powder, kale, raspberries, blue berries and strawberries, manuka honey then I just mix it with coconut water, sounds like horse poo but tastes like heaven. Believe it or not.

12. 4north1side2

Smoothie sounds bomb, I'm a avid smoothie drinker when out and about but typically I do strawberry banana mixed with whey protein. Yours is much more healthier than mine.

Lunch sounds bomb, I need to incorporate it into my diet but my lazy ass don't even feel like prepping it.

Got my mile time down to 7:15 yesterday, I'm going to attempt to run 6 miles today. Legs are getting stronger. 6mph used to feel like running to me, starting to feel like a light jog again.

13. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Treadmill or outdoors?

14. 4north1side2

Treadmill.

Outdoors I'm probably doing 4 miles at most. I live in a area full of steep hills.

15. beccaomecca

Yeah it definItely tastes alright you got the right idea though the lesser the ingredients the better the smoothie tastes. I've made some horrific smoothies by going overboard on adding too many superfoods. But have it pretty down pat now and just stick to that one.

And I completely agree its a strenuous task but once its done it's a good feeling. I have a four tier steamer so i stack it all up and steam the salmon and chicken breast too so it's all ready to go in one hit.

You're a beast. You're killing it!! Good job!! Soon you'll be running marathons! I'm also sticking to a routine every single night the minute I walk in the door after work I get into my work out gear and get straight to it I know if I get home and sit down I'm not getting back up.

16. 4north1side2

Same thing happens when you sit in my lap.

[​IMG]

Well it's nice to hear from you stranger!

17. beccaomecca

I forgot I pack in the vitamin c powder to the smoothie too.

Haha. Mr Smooth.

18. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

Becca, I wouldn't think that you would have such a strict diet? Why is that (athlete, weight loss, medical, summer sexy, etc)?

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's how I remember Pittsburgh. I didn't spend much time there but it was a lot of fun driving a manual in that town.

20. beccaomecca

Lifestyle baby!!! I wanna live a long ass life and not abuse my body with junk. Once you start eating healthy it becomes an addiction. A lifestyle. Feels like your taste buds won't allow you to eat junk anymore lol Not saying that I don't indulge in a big piece of juicy steak n chips on the weekend tho! I've just always enjoyed eating healthy food for no medical issue or anything of that nature lol. I work at a university with tempting food all around me. So I need to prep during the week to resist temptation. That's all lol another thing I noticed adopting a vege and fruit filled diet and juicing is that the whites of my eyes are white not blood shot and the outer dark blue ring around my eyes is very defined. I feel that they used to be more grey when I wasn't strict with the diet maybe has something to do with more of a cleansed liver.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016