Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I have it.

2. DudeNY12

Usually 25 in the AM and 25 before I go to bed.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Double that up old man you ain't dead and add as many squats

4. DudeNY12

Lol, OK. I'm on it. Will start tonight. This morning I ran a bit too. I had cut back the running, but I've been missing it so I think I'll be phasing it back in although I'm not scheduled for an event until October.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

3 sets of regular pushups, 3 sets of diamond pushups, 3 sets of elevated (feet on a chair) push ups. That will get your chest popping out.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn fam the man was doing 25 push ups yesterday give him some time lol

7. meowkittenmeow

He can break them down into sets and be fine. If he can 25 for one set, than he can do 15-20 for the next and 10 - 15 for the final set. Challenging himself is the best way to go.

8. DudeNY12

Those diamond push-ups are the real deal. I had to work for it, but it's all good.

9. meowkittenmeow

Soon you will be Army Strong.

10. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Because I have way too much time on my hands with working at home I watched a video on this machine. :D Now I bought it. It doesn't make anything easier it just helps you with form. The pics are me setting it up. According to your height you are setting the seat back further. When you are doing it your heels are down and toes upward.

So adding this into running and yin yoga. After this no more equipment. This the the third piece for me and I'm done.

20200614_153552.jpg

20200614_153437.jpg

20200614_153253.jpg

11. DudeNY12

Cool! Looks like you'd get a good workout. I've also been thinking about buying equipment (elliptical) for home. That would allow me to mix things up nicely. I'm waiting out this summer/fall to see how things are going here before making a decision.

12. JordanC

Oh really? For me personally the elliptical is the one thing I regret buying. It was pretty expensive or I would just give it away. Do you use an elliptical at the gym?

13. DudeNY12

Yup! I"d say that conservatively, I get 70% of my cardio on the elliptical. My thing with it is that I like that you work your core and then some. I've really been missing it since the shutdown. I'll fit in anything from walking to running and bicycling for cardio, but the elliptical makes the most sense for me since (in normal times) I'm at the gym regularly anyways. The times where I'll use it less in favor of running (both outdoor and treadmill) is when I'm preparing for a running event.

I guess I can understand your feeling toward your elliptical. I've heard other women I know (and dated) who regretted purchasing one, and/or didn't like it and of course don't use it.

If you do see yours', I hope you don't take too much of a loss. If we were in the same city... We may have had a deal.

14. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Didn't notice anything but some pretty feet and nice legs

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. JordanC

Thanks north :)

16. JordanC

20200625_20193022.jpg

3 1/2 months of working at home and no yoga classes until last week. Only running this whole time at home. No more baby 2 pack. This is my second week back at yoga working my core to get a harder stomach again.

17. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Good shit, looking great!

I'm closing in on 1 month and 1 week of being back on my purpose. I lost a decent amount of weight already but I lost so much muscle mass being out of the gym for 7 months.

Can't wait for everything to get back to normal.

18. meowkittenmeow

Pilates helps, Alomoves is a solid app/site for various yoga and pilate forms. Not a fan of free weights?

19. JordanC

Yes the place I do yoga class was closed for three months. They have only been back open two-ish weeks. Their schedule is not back to normal so it's hard for me to schedule two days a week.

I hear you on losing muscle.

20. JordanC

I have never tried Pilates. And yes I have free weights and kettle bells which i use regularly. I never tried Alo maybe I will check them out. Now that things are open to a degree it's easier to get back to routine.

I have definite muscle definition in my arms and legs. I just prefer stronger abs.

I know we talked about the type of yoga I practice before. It's amazing when you are holding your pose for 5 or more minutes, supporting your body weight in different positions, how fit you will be.

I used to do triathlons with two other guys then we brought in another girl because one of the guy's was annoying. Eventually I quit because of him. He spent all his time worrying about winning. And the rest of us were like stfu. :D

I also eat really clean.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020