What is your favorite foreign culture food/dish?

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by Be-you-tiful86, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

I can't even pick one.I find Greek food and wine both very tasty.
    But I like Spanish,Cubanian and Mexican food as well.
    Italian,French,Thai,Japanese,Turkish,Westindian,.....

2. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Probably Middle East/Mediterranean followed closely by Indian or Cuban.

3. Bex

Bex New Member

I love home cooked Chinese food - not the rubbish you can get at a take out though.

I also like Mediterranean and Indian food... I'm hungry now :rolleyes:

4. Be-you-tiful86

Indian food is often spiced with curry right?I loooove curry :)

5. Bex

Bex New Member

Yes sometimes! Can't beat a homemade curry

6. Be-you-tiful86

Oh okay. If I ever find a good Indian cook book I may get it and try it out :)

7. Bex

Bex New Member

There are some recipes on the internet if you have a look.. there are too many to choose from! :)

8. Be-you-tiful86

Thats true.When it comes to cooking I'm more traditional and get me a good cook book since the net is so overflooded. I always end up confused about what exactly sounds like the best recipe there

9. Chandarah

Chandarah New Member

I love indian food and persian and

I could die for TacoBell!!!!( Ist american or mexican or what LOL)

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Fish and Chips,plus some mild Indonesian food.

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Ill DIE if I dont get my Indian food:
    The saag paner, naan, pani puris, dosas etc.

Thai, Sushi, Mediteranian, Persian..
    I need all of those!!! They are not negotiable.

12. Stheno

Stheno New Member

every country have a dish that i will like...

i cook a lot of chinesse food and its nothing what you buy .. i guess having a good friend that is from china help..
    funny is i cook more chinesse this days and when i go to her house always she does a lot of the greek food ..

i have cook some indian food also .. and after this i never take it from take away . i didnt look at recipe at all, when i got some take away i like it and i thought i will make it also no cook books or nothing .. just try to understand the taste of the incredience and you can find what exactly they put .. ok maybe you wont get it 100% but if you get most importan one then you have your dish:D

but if you ask me about cakes then go to a cake shop thats something i dont like doing :smt101

13. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

hmmmm favorite food...???

love indian, greek, turkish, japanese, mexican, nepalese & indonesian

14. FEHG

FEHG Well-Known Member

Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Tibetan, Japanese, Ethiopian, Jamaican, Korean, Turkish.
    Wasn't fussed on Samoan.

I love food. :)

15. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I love how you all say you would DIE without having a certain food. LOL. And I like how "american" food is put in there. I love this thread!! :smt042

My favorites: chinese (I'd DIE without my general tso's chicken!! ;) ) and falafel and hummus.

:smt023

16. FG

FG Well-Known Member

But I would!!!!!
    I think I have a genetic deficinecy that can only be take care of with Saag paneer or Chicken tikka masala... or sushi... or...
    :)

17. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Italian food. :smt003

18. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

There use to be an Ethiopian Restaraunt in the city hidden away somewhere, it was lovely.. Not sure if it still exists though.

I do love a great Aussie Burger straight off the BBQ though,,,, with beetroot... mmmmm, can't beat my Daddies Aussie Burgers.... lol

19. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

yes the aussie burger...!!! i make a mean red lentil burger. team that with beetroot, avocado & rocket & you're in heaven...!!!! i love spring and summer :smt050