Where have you traveled?Which languages do you speak?...

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by Be-you-tiful86, Jul 8, 2009.

1. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

;)

2. maghalil

maghalil Member

jag bor i stockholm :)

I am here for my computer science master degree, and perhaps to stay longer if i manage to find a work here after my graduation (i really love this place and the people)...

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I would love to visit the Nordic countries soon. What part of Nordica are you from Maghalil?

4. Soulthinker

Please forgive M. I had asked that question before when you arrived on the site.

5. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Min hemstad:)

I am born and raised in Stockholm and have traveled a lot - but Stockholm is by far my favorite city - although a bit dark an dcol din the winter:)

I really hope you find a job so you can stay - It is great!!
    \
    How long have you been there??

6. maghalil

maghalil Member

no problem bro...

7. maghalil

maghalil Member

Jag bor i sverige för fem månader :)
    Wow , i did not know you were from Stockholm... I am actually enjoying the Swedish summer. How often do you visite home ?

8. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Just 5 months? Your doing very well w the language, which is not an easy one. Im impressed:)
    Yep, Im born and raised right smack in the middle of Stockholm - concrete kid:)
    I go home once a year usually, but not this summer.. sniff......
    What do you do for fun in Sthlm??

9. Soulthinker

I last been to Stockholm last December. The Santa Lucia ceremony was the bomb.

10. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I SO miss that!
    I just have so much spirit and it is just simply awesome..
    Love Glogg also:)

11. maghalil

maghalil Member

I usually :
    swim with friends in Huvudstad , have a nice work at the park in solna with my best friend kerstin , go to the " bio " in centrala on friday evenings and on weekend i usually perform at the Afrojam at Stockholm södra where i play drums in a reggae band. :D

I was told by my SFI teacher that many swedes immigranted to the USA , is it true ?

12. Arwen

Arwen New Member

WOW!!!!! I want to see all that too!!! Which ones where your favourites?

13. Arwen

Arwen New Member

About me:

-born in Italy, Pordenone. I visited: Rome, Venice, Naples, Palermo, Siena, Bologna, Trieste, Genova and a lot of minor cities.

Belgium: Liege and Brussels
    Czech Republic: Prague and Ceski Krumlov (or somethig like that, lol)
    Austria: Salzburg
    Slovenia

I just passed by train in Switzerland and France.

I'm trying to save so I can travel more next year, but since I don't know if I'll have a job after next june, I must save in case I have to be unemployed. That sucks.

I speak italian and some english, and like 10 words of arabic, french, spanish, portuguese. Some words of wolof.

14. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Sorry Thick Shawty haven´t seen your question before..

I don´t really have favourities, but most adventurous ones.

Canada.. we (a journalist and me) were driving along the Alaska Highway with a camper, it was 1989 as much as I remember. After around a week he started to "come closer" and after my rejection we had stress only.. So, one day we had a big quarrel and he kicked my stuff and myself out of this camper. I don´t know 100 miles to the next gas station.. This Highway was not used a lot, some truckers you saw each day. So, I was standing there at the road with my suitcases 100 miles or something like this away from the next gas station or any civilization. I was sitting on one of my bags when a group of Harley Davidson bikers stopped and asked me, what the hell I am doing here?

I was really desperate at this moment, because all was planned totally different. I had to finish my story..

So they took me with them to a Harley Davidson Festival, where all bikers meet from Canada and Alaska, I think once a year..

There I got to know somebody who travelled with me on his bike the next days, he was a funny guy..He was very proud of being be a part of my story and was very interested, too. I was seeing a lot of animals and national parks, the names and all this I cannot remember.. I remember a lot of black flies at a lake, a gas station with a huge amount of hats at the roof..Two older men, living in summer at this station in winter in Florida..and I remember a huge Mall, in Edmonton? with an enormous aquarium.. need to look in my notices of this travel..

My second luck was that shortly after my arrival in Canada we had a meeting with the minister of tourism, He is or was a german man. So, I was able to call him, to explain what problems I have and to ask him, what I shall do now. Breaking up or going on with his assistance? He send me than a friend and a new camper (i was not allowed to rent and drive, I was 22 at this time). So I was able to move further on.. We were travelling together till Fairbanks. Afterwards I was going, flying to the Niagara Waterfalls, a small wish fom this minister to make a second picture story..

So, another country next time..

15. diamondlife

diamondlife New Member

Africa-
    Senegal

B]Europe-[/B]
    England, London
    Holland, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and surrounding cities.
    Belgium, Brussels
    Italy, Naples

Asia
    Japan
    China
    Thailand
    Phillipines
    Korea
    Singapore

Indonesia
    Bali

Middle East
    Abu Dhabi
    Dubai
    Bahrain
    Oman
    Jebel ali

Canada
    Montreal

U.S.A.
    New York
    New Jersey
    Kentucky
    Indiana
    Tennessee
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Florida
    California
    Ohio
    Georgia
    Pennsylvania
    Illinois
    Guam(U.S. territory)

I speak a little japanese.

16. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Air Family!! ;)

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I totally missed this one - so sorry.
    Huvudsta and Solna eh? in my area:) I was born and raised on Ostermalm but lived for a long time in Sundbyberg before I left for the US.
    Nice area acctually, I like Solna and Huvudsta a lot..Is that where you live?
    Do you have any videos from your performance? or pictures, I think we all want to see!!!!!!

Yes, its true about Swedes going to the US, Santa Monica is FULL of Swedes:). I swear everywhere I go, I eventually run into a Swede. One would think the country would be empty by now:)

18. There's a few amazingly-well travelled people on this website!!

Languages:

French/German, not native but nearly fluent and enough to work;
    Gujarati (Indian language, shaky but enough to help little-old-ladies)
    Rudimentary Spanish.

And, on a very good day, out of bed the right way and after a strong cup of tea, I've been known to manage a few words of English.
    :)

Hmmmmm

Europe:

England - (where I live)
    France
    Germany
    Belgium
    Holland (just driven through it)
    Poland
    Spain (mainland and Canaries)

N.America

USA, (Noo-yaawk/Colorado/"N'awlins"/Mississippi)

Africa

Kenya/Tanzania

19. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Australia (Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane & the coast)
    England
    Greece
    Italy
    France
    Germany
    Indonesia (Bali)
    Singapore
    Fiji
    USA (LA, San Diego, Las Vegas, Arizona)
    Mexico

Just loved the hustle & bustle of London...couldn't get enough of it really. Maybe it was because I was working on the Monopoly board.

Would love to go back to America and see New York, New Orleans & Miami at some stage, as well as see Spain, Russia, Egypt and Africa.

As for languages...I learnt Latin in school which has of course come in handy for when I meet all of those toga wearing Romans on my lifes journey.

20. Paella

Paella New Member

USA: Atlanta (lived there 6 months)

UK: London (lived there 5 years), Brighton, Wales, Scotland

Holland: Amsterdam (3 times)

Italy: Milano (twice), Padova, Venezia

Portugal: Lisboa, Oporto, Aveiro, Chaves, Pedras Salgadas, Valença do Minho

Spain: all over... is my country

Morocco: Marrakech (twice), Esaouira, Agadir, Taroudant

India: Bombay, Hampi, Kovalam

México: Cancún (twice), DF, Mérida, Chichen Itzá, Tulum, Uxmal, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Akumal

Venezuela: Caracas, Mérida, Ciudad Bolívar, Canaima, Valencia

Panamá: Panamá city, San Blas, Contadora

Cuba: +20 times, all over, but mainly in Havana

I speak English, Spanish, Galician, Catalán, Portuguese and Italian.