White women that love black men, but are not "woke"

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by GAmomlisa, Jul 23, 2017.

1. vanille

vanille Active Member

Life is short, you can't blame people for wanting to live their life with minimum drama.

Also your speech is a bit contradictory. You want to blame people for their action but want to "force" them as well ? If so then your only point is that you're actually not the bully you wish you would be.
    The only people who enjoy white privilege are the elite ? if so then is it really "white" privilege and not just the priviledge of money and power ?
    Or do you believe homeless white people to be privileged as well ?

Some people just want to live their life in peace an quiet.

2. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

You're missing out, they're traditional and will let you be the man of the relationship xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Just remember to quote the person you’re responding to..@vanille

4. Rollx007

Btw who are you replying to?

5. beccaomecca

this thread is way above my head haha I’m so lost! Guess it comes with the territory of living in a predominantly white country.

6. Rollx007

haha! it's best you don't even bother understanding what the ruckus is about on here.
    The simple lesson here for everyone is to embrace your partner's culture and treat your relationship like you would treat any other healthy relationship, as race shouldn't change that.

7. beccaomecca

ohhh! Right! Thank you for summarising it for me! That makes perfect sense :)

8. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

African man statement;-)

You have said it yourself, and I have said it many times, we have a different dynamic here in Europe. In Europe our black-white relationships definitely gravitate to the conservative side.

9. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

With a black/white, African/European relationship, you become part of the African family. Even part of this community.
    Something which is very strong in their culture.
    Also you are a woman/mother first.
    Being white is secondary

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  10. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

When I was involved with an Aussie woman some years ago, I told myself that I was going to embrace some Aussie culture, but that kinda got put on hold when we ended up NOT working out lol.

11. beccaomecca

Haha, with the concept of you embracing Aussie culture, all I envision is you in a pair of thongs with an Aussie flag apron on, XXXX beer in hand flipping some chicken wings on the bbq haha! The only ‘culture’ we have is hooning, swearing, bbqing and shop lifting LOL!!! It wasn’t until I was with an American who’s first time out here was when he came out for me, that I realised we really came from two different worlds, I thought everyone knew what a fortnight was! Lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Since1980

That, and absolutely butchering Aussie slang. She was actually the one who got me talking like this, so you can thank her for my obnoxiousness lol. Without her, I never would have gotten addicted to Aussie TV shows.

And I am sure Australia has way more culture than that! Y'all are a very chill, laid back people. And super nice too. Very Canada-esque.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Rollx007

Aha! That's right and that's also due to a very different history. We've never had anti-miscegenation laws like Americans, so it's always politically driven in the States. Even today.

While we in Europe or Africa treat it like any other marriage, some social stigmas attached to it based on racism/xenophobia of course, but a traditional relationship nonetheless.

14. beccaomecca

Hahah! You sure tripped me out seeing that you know our Aussie lingo haha!!

I give us that, we are nice people, nice to tourists lol but not overly nice to each other which is why I say being in America and watching how people easily connect was an eye opener. The only way to connect here is to walking your dog and being forced to connect (I keep meeting women in their 50’s on dog walks by the beach lol).

I suppose we are known for our seriously laid back nature, well most of us lol the men here tend to be super hot headed - no patience and lots of self righteousness. Lmao and also for our adventurous ways.

Omggggg tell me YOU DO NOT watch home and away and neighbours hahah!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Rollx007

True, marriage involves marrying into the person's family too in my culture. The "nuclear family" isn't enough, the inlaws become blood.

16. Since1980

Oh, no. I considered watching because of Kylie Minogue's ass, but I have an addictive personality and I would have needed to watch the entire series and that's a commitment. They struck my curiosity, though. I have watched Wentworth, A Place to Call Home, Rake (which is fucking hilarious) and Kath & Kim. Because Kath & Kim is kind of a legal requirement for those of us watching Aussie TV shows lol.

I also watched Outrageous Fortune, although that's NZ so it doesn't really count. But I loved that one, too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. beccaomecca

Hahaha her ass lives on forever!!! I don’t know that it’s real though lol.

Man you’re more Australianised than yours truly!! Hahah!! I’ve only seen Kath & Kim, it’s so over the top!!

If you can find it you should check out Fast Forward, another example of pure stupidity that’s so funny! Haha that’s neat!! I just love NZ (Kiwi’s) accents!

18. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Traditional relationship yes, but there are still differences what that looks like and what „being the man“ and „being the woman“ in a relationship means. Especially with first generation immigrant men from Africa.

19. Rollx007

Yes I notice the difference with them, some change after they're familiar with Western ways of relationships

20. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Bear in mind that America is a big country with many different races/ethnicities. Therefore different values. I`ve noticed with both Hispanics and Native Americans that marrying one of them you become part of the family. They also usually have several generations under the same roof. However, not all Hispanics and Native Americans fit this mold.