White women that love black men, but are not "woke"

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by GAmomlisa, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

I disagree with it being because of different ethnicities or cultures, it's the same outside America, even more diverse outside America.

Those family values are not so different in each culture, we all value the same traditional and basic demands in a family.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Good observations. I have seen different conceptions of family and expectations from a marriage both among the different ethnic groups within my own family and in the marriage and relationships I have been in.

3. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

I may also add that black immigrants come from societies where they either are the majority or whites are a minority. Therefore, they are not bombarded daily with innuendos about their "inferiorities". The exception may be those who came Spanish speaking societies. Those of you from NYC could chime in here

4. orejon4

In Latino communities, there’s just as strong an anti-African and anti-indigenous sentiment as in the US, but most of the population has at least some African and/or Native American ancestry. Most of these individuals don’t identify as indigenous or black, however. In Latin communities, people who identify as either are usually 100% from that community, culturally as well as physically. People who are a product of those groups AND a European are usually addressed as being mixed or European despite their appearance.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. Othello1967

Thanks for confirming my thinking. You probably heard the recent news about the Los Angeles city council. And people are acting shocked. Those 3 council members were just saying the quiet part out loud.

6. orejon4

Previous posts aside, I think the remarks from the Mexican-American/Chicano elected officials and labor leader are indicative of more garden variety US-style bigotry than any of the many cultural biases present in Latin America. Nothing they said had any of the hallmarks of Latin society bigotry, but sounded like Chicanos echoing Archie Bunker, including the anti-gay slurs and remarks directed at Armenians, et al.

7. Emanuel Hall

Emanuel Hall New Member

WHERE???!!!

8. jdmficial

jdmficial New Member

Interesting. Do you have friends/know any other conservative women that date black men?

most of the women I have been with (in college) were conservative. This wasn’t something that was known (at the time). It was found out after. Usually through opinions/posts through social media. Plus me being unapologetically black, that wasn’t a turn off for them. In fact something they liked (but moreso that is the passion I have behind it, rather than the specific political opinion). I have never had issues, if anything the conservative chicks and I have gotten along more well than any other women.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. jen14

jen14 Active Member

Personally, I don't identify as liberal or conservative, more of a centrist and there are ideas that I agree or disagree from both sides.. but yea, I do know of a few conservative white women that I know date or have dated black men. I don't find it shocking tbh, if anything I find it weird that someone's political views would determine who they are attracted to (I understand that these days it would probably be better if both partners are on the same page lol)

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

It seems a bit shocking that the brothers who date white conservative women whose beliefs supports Black subservience.

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

They also put down the Black Mexican population.

12. orejon4

True. Duly noted. Anti-black racism in the Latino community rarely includes biases against white groups (Armenians, etc). They just seemed like regular US garden variety bigots.

As for the conservative ww discussion, I guess it depends on which type of conservative. I don’t see a conflict with a low taxes, pro religion ww dating a bm, but it is harder for me to imagine a Marjorie Taylor Greene type of conservative dating a bm. Not saying it’s impossible, it just incongruous with the rest of her philosophy.

13. Othello1967

I wonder how peaceful a relationship would be between a Make America Great Again (MAGA) white woman and a Black Lives Matter black man. Good material for a movie, perhaps.

14. orejon4

Tumultuous, to say the least.

15. Jamaal360

Jamaal360 New Member

Oh, Baby, I loooove this topic that you have brought up! What a heck of a question, because as a black man that has dated a majority of white women I have experienced a large amount of racism, still, in NC where I live and have felt alone under those circumstances. My significant other (s) have never addressed those issues. Thank you for bringing this to the light of a discussion ♥️