Whites See "Black" Americans as less competent than "African" Americans

Discussion in 'Getting Ahead: Careers, Finance and Productivity' started by VitaminRich, Jan 4, 2015.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I shoplifted toys before....you know how those malls have toy stands outside stores? fun times for an unsupervised 5 year old

2. K

K Well-Known Member

Yes I would guess that's exactly what the "skew" is. Here's the thing that most don't realize too, most often it's not like you go in and apply and they say - here are all the services you can apply for, these are what you are eligible for, and so forth. It's not centralized, there are different things available through different sources. Even with the govt programs, it's all very disjointed. Even within the same program, the amount of not knowing what the other hand is doing is incredible! I don't believe any stats I see on any programs. I've spent too much time involved in analyzing them to know how flawed they are.

I think of it this way....take a look at the unemployment reports. It's very similar. They will say all sorts of things on the news about the stats. But what they don't say is they are basing those stats on who applied and a huge number are not able to apply (because they already exhausted their benefits, have not waited out the "waiting period", or whatever other reason). So, sure the numbers look better...but why? Always have to ask why and how they came to what they are reporting.

When it comes to things like disability, vets, etc people like to try to group that in with other programs. The thing with that is that it's all completely different and the different agencies are run and funded differently. Even within the income based programs (welfare, etc) there are all sorts of different particles involved. For example, at times there may be small grants available for recipients to purchase work clothing. But at another time, or even in a different city, there is not.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Honestly...and l say this often -- ln this country, free/help/subsidized (take your pick) programs are set up for the very poor, and the very rich. The rest, you're on your own to fend for the scraps.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh sure - I've seen it happen first hand. Of course they are going to use the top numbers too. The amount it would cost if you were receiving x health care, even though the care that they are offering through the medicaid (for low income) is no where near top level care.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Reminds me of the lady upset that poor people are buying seafood and steaks with their EBT cards, while she works and can't afford it

Came across that while looking into the whole 'regulate what people can buy on welfare' debate

6. K

K Well-Known Member

Amazing isn't it? I think maybe that is partly because people think of the people who invested as those who could afford to lose it. But then when you really take a hard look at it, many can not. Then they go to recover that shit and you have situations where some of those so called white collar ass holes donated to different organizations and the organizations have to give the money back! They can't afford that. They didn't have it to begin with, they get these donations and use them for services for people in need, then the idiot gets busted and they have to try to recoup money any way they can.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yet the same people don't say one thing about weapons that cost hundreds of millions of dollars that just sit there. But hey anything to keep Jonae from eating scrimp huh :cool:

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yes yes yes! You broke it down to how the system is set up. And those who know this work this. The beaurocracy is what deters many and they give up or simply don't know. Keep in mind, Social welfare employs a lot of people so they can't make it a one stop shop.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Scrimp tho?

Youz a damn fool, Brooklyn :p

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

lol real talk some people seem to be ok with corruption just as long as certain people don't get shit. They really look at it like its their money being spent on welfare but some how it's big daddy's money when the welfare is being spent on shit like a 100 million dollar stealth boat that was built then quickly dismantled without ever being used.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

While some abuse SNAP...most don't. Food is so expensive today, if you don't budget wisely even with food stamps, you will run out of stamp funds real quick.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Trust me I know....I had to budget that 200 for a month before

Lots of sandwiches and cereal

There's a reason I bring up the homeless and poor here

I was appalled when they cut food stamps because I personally knew how hard it was on 200.....let alone less than that

13. K

K Well-Known Member

This is very true. We have a huge number of elderly who would qualify for food stamps in California (it's CalFresh here) and yet they don't know at all, wouldn't have a clue how to apply, and many wouldn't due to pride. However, they really NEED it and deserve it. We have Meals on Wheels here that is down to providing 5 meals a week. And they are crap at that. But 5 meals?

Even for those who do know and are willing/able to apply, going through the bs that goes along with it (all the errors, etc) is not going to happen. They give up. This goes on all the time with medical care too. And then we have large numbers of elders who are having to figure out if they can/should get their meds or buy food. I'm talking about people worked hard all their lives, never did anything wrong, just got old.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

yep and I don't know about other areas but they are trying to limit time severely here now.

We are lucky to have a lot of farmer's markets that give really good deals here for those using EBT.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah...l could (can) tell because you speak from the heart on it. Only time you don't troll. (and about your beloved mama raising you, but that goes w/o saying).

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

That's pretty cool...savings definitely help

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Trolling loses its sex appeal when it comes that

Either that or I have wicked mood swings lol

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So understand KinCa. My friend's poor elderly mom refuses to accept stamps. My friend has to feed their own kids and their mom, but they don't have the funds. I push my friend just do it for her but I'm told if they did , their mom would die first before accepting aid. Foolish pride.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lol at you thinking trolling is sexy :smt081

20. K

K Well-Known Member

Yah I know...I deal with this all the time. I really think we need to come up with something different for the elders. If it were done in such a way that it was connected to social security I think they would accept it more. It's really tough for the families who are caring for their relatives too!