Why do people call Obama "black"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by velkrum, Jun 28, 2011.

1. briancali

briancali Member

My later statement was from a Egyptian point of view, due to the fact they are pretty much clueless about the rest of Africa. However, in Nigeria Sophie would be consider half cast, due to the fact she has a European mother, if she let it be known since she can blend in with the population very well. Whereas Monalisa Chinda has no racial admixtures, she is just simply a lightskinn igbo girl, or the expression a yellow paw paw, as i remember.

However from a igbo perspective if your father is igbo therefore the child is igbo, irregardless of the ethnicity or race of the mother, due to the fact the child carries the father name.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Interesting. That reminds me of the way Jews determine "Jewish-ness" by matrilineal descent. If your mother is a Jew, so are you. However, there is a great amount of intra-Jewish discrimination toward black, African and Asian Jews and Ashkenazi(European) Jews still largely dominate international Jewish affairs. Coincidence?

3. Jase

Jase Active Member

Because if he was trying to catch a cab, or pulled over in the wrong neighborhood, or was walking in your direction at night and asked you for the time, or had 4 kids out of wedlock with multiple mothers you wouldn't have people, mostly white people from what I've seen no offense, waxing idiotic about how he's "biracial" and not Black.

I always found it funny (not the ha-ha kind) how people didn't start harping on how "He's not REALLY Black" until it looked like he might actually have a shot at becoming President. Once he locked up the nomination it just got worse.

Kind of reminds me of how when Hines Ward (half-black/Korean) was a kid back in Korea people would spit on him and his mother. But after he became MVP all of the sudden South Koreans wanted to claim him. But they sure as hell don't go around claiming other Blacks/Korean mixes. Not at all.

So part of me can't help but roll my eyes when people talk about the President being "biracial and not really Black". Like he's said before the world has always seen and treated him as a Black man, period.

I also think this plays into it, which is something I wrote regarding the subject several months ago. Feel free to ignore it. I know a lot of people here hate long posts:

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Well said. You said it better and more succinctly than I, but the quote below was what I was trying to get at:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  5. L Ron Hoyabembe

L Ron Hoyabembe New Member

I really didn't want to bump this thread but Obama is 100% Indonesian. Compare with Jokowi or other Javanese figures to get an idea. His geography is very suspicious too. His Kenyan father and white mother are ACTORS.

The mixed race thing is a lie. No way a black African man or a white American mother could make a child with that phenotype.

Another similar example is Nelson Mandela. Look closely.

Just another example of the US government lying about everything.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Barack Obama is a Black man point blank period.

7. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

I think this simple rule helps make it clear:

Would Barack Obama have been a slave in 1850? Would he have had to ride in the back of the bus in 1950? The answer to both questions is "definitely yes, he would have been." So, he's Black.

Maybe 100 years from now this will no longer be true, but for now, the history of race in America has made it pretty clear that someone in Obama's shoes is a Black man.

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah indeed I like to go with that type of argument.

You can claim to be what ever race you want but what matters is what the COPS think you are when they pull your ass over or what TSA thinks you are when they are scanning you at the airport.