Why do people wear...

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by archangel, Aug 29, 2010.

1. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is true.

2. 7th cloud

7th cloud New Member

This. It is even worst when you see a middle age man with skinny jeans on and they are sagging, that is one terrible image that I can not get out of my head. :smt011

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

sadly some of the people who are doing it now will only get older.

4. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

I haven't read through all the replies, so if I happen to repeat something, I'm sorry. I think du-rags are played out. Only time a dude should rock one is at night or at home trying to get his waves right/tight.

5. Arwen

Arwen New Member

I love a guy who is educated and that still dress oversize. I just love it. :smt051

6. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Thank you, I don't understand this new phenom.

Du-rags--like many things (especially in the black community) started off with good intentions. If you use the prototypical stocking cap, when you pull it off, it can ruin your wave pattern, as the stocking/du-rag helps to push the hair down (mixed with the grease, not a single hair will stick up). The du-rag can be tied tight, so when you're ready to take it off and show off your tight concentric waves, you can just untie and simply--but carefully lol peel off. There's no need for overnighters though, if you throw it on after you had shower and grease up, you can achieve the same effect in about 20-30mins.

The beater is good for around the house, good for under your clothes just like a plain white fruit of a loom lol undershirt, helps to keep the shirt worn over FRESH. Of course some have taken it one step further once again, and now they are a fashion statement. check out Jersey Shore on MTV, "it's the Shirt before the shirt" lol I've been on that forever.

Saggin, is a no-no, see me in: http://whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showthread.php?p=368188#post368188

Saggin originally came from prison yards, it was a signal to let other inmates know that they where down for ass sex. And you have all these mofo's again, that take it one step further. BUTT be careful out there, if old school inmates catch you in or out prison, they may want you lol

7. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

'Corporate Thug' or whatever my roomie used to call it?

One thing I realized, the more I began working out the more medium the shirts I began to buy. Gotta show off the hard work and a baggy ass Sean John or whatever cats wearing these days just don't do justice.

8. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Pictures or it didn't happen.

9. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

I won't lie, back in the day I used to rock my durags virtually all the time, like in college. I was rocking 360 waves a lot then, so I used to wear it a lot to keep my hair from losing its waves, and I had it on most of the time. Now? Not so much. Apart from the fact that I'm damn near 30, I don't need it for the hairstyle I got goin on right now. It's simple - if you don't need to wear it, don't go around in it.

Don't tell that to folks down in Texas though, specially around the Houston area. I swear every single male there has a durag.

Now I'll tell you what gets me - bald dudes who wear 'em. That shit is stupid as fuck.

10. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Yup. Evvveryyy body it seemed to me. bm.. wm.... everywhere...

11. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Those vald dudes are just trying to hang on ir remember what it was like...lol