why men cat call

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I sometimes see and hear guys calling out to women saying," Hey, sexy," as they passed. One guy said to me that doing that just made the woman's day. I was a little confused since that the gesture may have been complimentary to the woman, but it also predatory since the woman isn't interested in or has no time for interacting with anonymous men.

But, then again, attractive women who know that they are attractive, do enjoy they attention and cat calls boost their egos.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

God I read that completely wrong

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Cat calling is something disrespectful, no-class fools do. It doesn't matter how "attractive" a man is; if he cat calls women, that cancels out any attractive qualities he might have. Being cat called is NOT enjoyable or "charming", it does NOT boost a woman's ego, and it does NOT make a woman's day.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Funny

I specifically recall saying 'hey baby!' which was followed by 'hey boo!'

It's like mutual cat-calling or something....we need a specific term for that...like mating or some shit

I do like how you call people no class fools tho...ur definitely one of the no nonsense people around here lol

5. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Agreed...unfortunately some women not only think it's appropriate...they encourage it out of desperation for attention

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

It's called "being easy as fuck". That's the official term for it lol. You're better than that!

7. Tamstrong

It's kinda hard to picture you yelling that out at a woman walking down the street. lol You also don't seem to be the butt-sniffing, leg-humping type either, but I could be wrong. :p

Cat calling is just unattractive and trashy. The yelling, whistling, and sexual comments from strangers aren't compliments & they aren't a turn on. That agressive shit is disrespectful, and I don't like it.

Sometimes I'm able to ignore that crap (especially if the dude is putting off a scary vibe), but other times I tell them what I think about their cheesy behavior or I tell them to shut up...my standard "shut up, fool" works well in those situations.

Thanks. lol I do tend to be a bit blunt about a lot of things.

Respectful and classy is the best way to be when speaking to women. If a dude sounds or acts like a horny convict or a customer at a strip club or his tone comes across like he's asking a hooker 'how much, baby?', then respectful & classy he is not.

Yep, and it's sad. It's a shame they don't realize they deserve better.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That what SOME(not all) men believe. And SOME(not all) attractive women do enjoy the attention.

I think the term refers to the quiet and independent nature of cats. But cats is also a term that applies to men who are good at what they do like a jazz, blues or rock musician.

9. Tamstrong

Cat calling is not a flattering form of attention regardless of whatever spin you try to put on it.

If it's actually related to a cat's behavior, it would be akin to the aggressive behavior of the male cat trying to get himself some pussy. It's not something a man should want to emulate. Yeah, jazz musicians have often been referred to as cats, but that's a whole different topic. lol

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So well summed up!
    How pathetic and sad.

Well said here.

Today I was reading a more in-depth article of the story Archangel posted on the two men freed for the slaying of the man in the 80's...the article it was written in 2011 but another witness, a girl (now a woman) recalled this in her words from back in the 80's...

"Karen Smith was an honor student at John Hay High School, just finishing up her sophomore year. After she came home for the day, her mother asked her to run up to the store..... As she rounded the corner... she spotted two young...men up the street leaning against the Cut-Rate. One was drinking from a bottle, the other held a paper cup. She didn't recognize either of them. As Karen closed in on the store, her nerves started rattling. Neighborhood men were always cat-calling after women — especially 16-year-old girls on their own. To her relief, the strangers only nodded as she neared the door...."

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Then there is the wolf whistlers. It is the same thing. But a little more predatory.

12. RaiderLL

I literally spit out my tea :smt043

I love your posts G

13. Tamstrong

LMAO...it all falls into the same category, G. ;)

14. Tamstrong

Thanks, Blissy. :D

I think her nerve-rattling experience is one we're all familiar with, and it's always a huge relief when it doesn't happen.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

And why is being easy a bad thing, since the definition of it varies from person to person like the shape of an asshole

Oooooh how we love to judge

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

And for the record I only leg hump people I know

They want it, I want it

What more is there to discuss

I'm a known whore

17. RaiderLL

I think easy women deserve better just don't know it yet. Maybe they're young? maybe they've been treated like shit and have come to expect it? Either way, no one (men or women) should be that easy to catch. There's better out there than the hey baby dude on the corner twirling his dick as you pass ;) But that's just my opinion.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Your opinion.........there u go being stubborn

U and tam

19. RaiderLL

lol ikr?! These gosh darn women who actually have a mind of their own. Crazyness! :rolleyes:

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Imagine if the bible were written today, lol

There needs to be biblical revisions every say, 2000 years

The apostles wouldn't be an all-boys club and Jesus would be Janet