Will Smith FINALLY gets White Love Interest in FOCUS

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by playboy90210, Nov 22, 2013.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

That's only because there's a witch hunt on racists

People are still upset over bm with pretty ww but they're being more cautious about it

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

True. I guess it really shouldn't be a concern of 2 middle age men (who were the hosts) about an older man bagging a younger woman, right?..
    But in the main host's defense, he abhors racism and has spoken out about it before, which is why his mind naturally went to the age issue, because that is what stood out to him and not race.

3. quantumblack

quantumblack Active Member

Will Smith is very smart, and this movie was made for a fairly small budget compared to other Will Smith movies. It cost $50 million to make and has already made its money back ($80 million worldwide so far). Stats here. It will easily pass the $100 million worldwide, but probably harder to do that domestically (USA). It won't be Wills biggest film, but like After Earth even if a Will Smith film is average he's smart enough to market it the right way and make sure the film makes its money back plus a profit. Will produces a lot of his films now so if it loses money he takes the hit but when it does well he reaps the rewards.

Its very encouraging to see a young hot blonde like Margot Robbie, who just came off a great performance alongside Leonard DiCaprio, transition into this type of pairing and for it not to effect her career. So often we hear garbage about an interracial pairing ruining the career of the BM or WW. This proves it doesn't. Will and Margot are still in demand and will go on to make more movies.

I'd love to see Denzel get a decent young love interest, I don't see why his hardcore fans would be upset - it is only acting after all.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

You'll have to settle for whatever he had with the young girl from the equalizer

Or perhaps idris Elba with the young, turned out white girl in Luther

I'm starting to see a pattern

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What about Flight

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

What about it?

Another bm finds some form of love with a turned out, strung out white girl on screen

And in Denzel's case...every time he's paired with a bonafide white girl, she's a dope head or a tramp (remember he got game?)

Gotdamn just look at 'american crime'

It's not Denzel or idris but the fix is definitely in

7. quantumblack

Talking about Idris. The next season of Luther will see Idris share screen time with Laura Haddock. I've seen her looking better than this, so these aren't the best pics. She's 29 and hasn't aged that well but still has a very sexy vibe. They'll be the usually 'will they won't they' tension between Idris and Laura's character.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Add a few shades darker and maybe you'll hear them clamp their teeth a bit more.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Good find...I thought Luther got cancelled honestly, because I watch it on netflix and they only had like a few older seasons

They do the same with dr who, so I shoulda known they just get newer seasons late

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

That and the BBC doesn't do consistantly season of some shows. Luther and Fallen are more like event series. They'll do them every so often.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Ooooooo.........

I'll look forward to watching it new seasons then

12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Glad Luther is still on the air. It is one of the few shows I watch on BBC America.

13. TheUtopian

TheUtopian Active Member

2 years ago the series creator Neil Cross and Idris had an ambitious plan to make a Luther movie, announcing that season 3 would be the end. To the surprise of many, the character is returning to TV and there's no clear explanation for the change in plans. But I ain't complaining! :cool:

14. quantumblack

You have to remember that seasons/series in the UK are much shorter than the US. A season of Luther might only be 3/4 episodes and you might have to wait 1/2 years before the next season. Its the same with Sherlock. Whereas the USA has more money so a season/series can be 20+ episodes and you can have a season/series 2 in the same years as the first. You guys (USA) can pump out way more shows than the BBC can produce. The BBC is a publicly funded institute so has to justify its spending and can't commit to one show over another.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm not worried

Pretty soon there will be a full-length, US ripoff of Luther starring Denzel Washington (after he's relegated to TV acting of course)

16. chamber

chamber Active Member

Idris and Cross were trying to get a Luther movie made but no one was willing. This upcoming two hour 'season' is essentially a TV movie.

Fox is trying to make a U.S remake of Luther for some reason. Plans for the pilot were recently put on hold because they couldn't find a actor to fill Elba's boots.
    Fox wanted Marlon Waynes to play Luther in the U.S version originally.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I mean because...that really makes sense

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't understand that one either. America isn't ready for a show like Luther anyway. They'd have to dumb it down for the states. Make it more like CSI or some shit like that.

19. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Will Smith is box office poision.

20. quantumblack

They did it with Sherlock. Elementary starring Lucy Liu and Johnny Lee Miller, was inspired by the success of Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch. The BBC were only churning out 3 feature length episodes per season, per year.