WTF Will Smith?

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20220329_050557.jpg

2. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

He's better with Margot Robbie, lets be honest

3. Summerred

Summerred Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20220329-140136.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This whole situation really upset my mom. She is from the generation of when black people act a fool in public it reflects badly on all of us.

7. Summerred

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Will Smith is now the first rapper-turned-actor to ever win an Academy Award for best actor. Unfortunately in his moment of triumph he behaved as if he was at The Source Awards.

9. Summerred

Chris's brother on twitter

Screenshot_20220330-083017.png Screenshot_20220330-082720.png

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And this is one of the main reasons why I personally don't get too enamored with celebrities of any type because at the end of the day despite all that fame, status & money they are human & flawed the same as the rest of us mere mortals. We don't actually know them like that beyond the manufactured personas that they choose to put out for the general public. And per usual when some shit hit the fan everybody either riding hard for them no matter what or clowning & shitting on them hard.

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Screenshot_20220330-141220_(1).jpg

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

E5209D7D-E54C-4158-ACF0-D3403C177767.jpeg

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

79AFAB77-3DFC-4DD4-9E8B-4A4911E78248.jpeg

14. Summerred

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Smith Resigns From The Academy

Will Smith, who slapped the comedian Chris Rock at the Oscars, said Friday that he was resigning from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, saying that he had “betrayed” its trust with conduct that was “shocking, painful, and inexcusable.”

The sudden announcement came late Friday afternoon, days after the Academy had condemned Mr. Smith’s actions and opened an inquiry into the incident.
    “I have directly responded to the Academy’s disciplinary hearing notice, and I will fully accept any and all consequences for my conduct,” he said in a statement on Friday.
    “I deprived other nominees and winners of their opportunity to celebrate and be celebrated for their extraordinary work,” he said in the statement. “I am heartbroken.”

He said that he would “accept any further consequences the board deems appropriate.”

“Change takes time,” he concluded, “and I am committed to doing the work to ensure that I never again allow violence to overtake reason.”
    The academy said that it accepted his resignation.

“We have received and accepted Mr. Will Smith’s immediate resignation from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences,” David Rubin, its president, said in a statement. “We will continue to move forward with our disciplinary proceedings against Mr. Smith for violations of the Academy’s Standards of Conduct, in advance of our next scheduled board meeting on April 18.”

Now that he has resigned, Mr. Smith will no longer have access to academy screenings and events. He will also not be able to vote in the Academy Awards. However, he could still be nominated for an award, since being a member is not a requirement for eligibility.

[​IMG]

[Via The New York Times]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  17. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Big Willie style will be just fine.

18. Summerred

To be fair i think he can't complain about someone having a good time with Jada when he was acting like a single guy around his female co-stars during years in public
    Charlize
    Screenshot_20220401-212920.png Screenshot_20220401-213537.png

Eva Mendes
    Screenshot_20220401-213047.png Screenshot_20220401-213148.png
    And the famous pictures with Margot.
    To be fair with Will he isn't the only guy who do something like this. Oscar Isaac is another married guy in Hollywood who act like his wife isn't a thing around other women.
    Screenshot_20220401-221119.png Screenshot_20220401-221207.png
    Ewan MacGregor did the same during years with his male and female co-stars but people ignored the behavior until his public divorce.
    This isn't a male exclusive behavior in Hollywood, women can do something similar, i remember this
    Screenshot_20220401-214314.png
    Nicole Kidman kissing her co-star after he got an Emmy right next to her husband Keith while he was clapping to the situation.
    Marriage is really weird in Hollywood lol

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  19. Summerred

20. Summerred

Screenshot_20220402-121034.png