You know you are in love when...

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by stiletoes, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

When you get all nervous around them and excited in many ways at the very thought of them as well.

This can also fall under the same feelings as when you first meet/date someone whom you're really attracted to.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

old school. old school

3. trew

trew New Member

When you see yourself rubbing her knee with balms because it still hurts her from that injury she had 50 years ago.

4. Tirkah

Tirkah Active Member

When your left butt cheek shakes 9 on richter scale for no apparent reason...
    Something like that...I don't think I've ever been in love, in love so I'm not sure.

5. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

For me, all that airy fairy stuff like feeling like you're floating and not noticing anyone else except the two of you, having your heart beat faster at the sight of them or the touch of their hand, is all just infatuation and lust. It's part of the process of love (IMO) but isn't love itself.

To me, I know I'm in love when I just want to 'be' with the person. I mean, sit in the room with them and just relax. Don't have to talk or do anything at all and I'm happy. It's when sleeping alone in bed is a novelty for a night but I then miss the snoring that use to shake the walls. It's when I can look at him while he's sick and all gross, or after he's been working all day and he looks like a dirty bum and I think "He's my man, and I'm so damn proud". It's when we can disagree or argue and we both KNOW that we're both cool with each other (even if we never came to a compromise). It's when sacrificing my own happiness for the happiness of my partner makes me happy (as odd and unhealthy as that sounds). It's when my goals in life include "have his baby".

It's so many things. Small things, boring things, bizaare things, that let me know I'm in love. :) Love surely is a wonderful and strange thing.

6. naija4real

naija4real New Member

Hope you don't mind if I rep you? ;)

7. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

Don't mind at all. ;)

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

You know you are in a serious relationship when a woman takes a leak and she doesnt close the bathroom door.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

you know you are in a serious relationship when you can tell by the expression on her face she wants to take a dump

10. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

If I'm dating someone who leaves the door open when they pee, I just consider them well trained :p

I think that you know when you know. I don't think it's something you can quantify or explain so easily, it's a feeling and words don't do it justice & I don't think I have the words to even begin to explain it.

11. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

I don't need to see that shit I don't care if we've been together 20 years. LOL.

12. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

Hey you, how's things?

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

dude you are funny as hell. LOL

14. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

I agree,potty time is PRIVATE :)

15. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Exactly. I don't want an audience while I'm on the throne & I don't want to see anyone else doing their business either. lol

16. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

lol...i don't have a problem 'relieving' myself and walking around naked in front of my closest of close girlfriends. though my ex used to walk in and sit on his throne when i was in the bathroom & it would drive me nuts

17. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

^Yeah, poop time is alone time. It's only peeing that's a spectator sport :p
    Awful just about sums it up, tbh. Thank you for asking though :smt049

18. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

hope things start improving for you sweetheart :smt058

19. jnick57in

jnick57in Member

I know exactly what you mean! I've had a couple previous boyfriends do #2 while I'm in the shower. Thats just gross! I do believe potty time is private time and I can't go with an audience. I have no issues being nude in front of my man and letting him do his exploring in the light, but there are somethings that are better alone.

As far as the topic...when your lust for someone turns into a smile when they call and you hear their voice, when they enter the room and you light up and your admiration turns to respect and pride. Oh gee...that sounds pretty corny and old-fashioned... ;-)

20. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

That would drive me crazy, too. I especially don't get the folks who want to leave the door open & try to make conversation while their on the throne. Why in the hell would someone want to do that? My parents used to talk in the bathroom while my dad was taking a dump. I don't know how my mother could stand it.