Your thoughts on the new Season of Boondocks so far

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Raul Sinclair, May 29, 2010.

1. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

If there are any fans of the boondocks here. What are your thoughts?

2. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

To me it's good but not as good as seasons 1 and 2 but it's only on episode 4 or something so there is time. The last one with Ruckus and the white racist musician guy was kinda good though.

3. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Yeah its still early true. The last episode with the Jimmy Rebel guy was fucked up even for boondocks :eek:. The kickball episode was the best so far. the submeanings were all over

4. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

Ya I know I thought some parts were pretty funny but ya fucked up. Yeah the kickball one was pretty good... Huey kicked that girls ass :D Riley kinda sucks at sport... lol, kickball and basketball (shooting). Who's your fav character?

5. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

favorite character would be Huey and to an extent Uncle ruckus(he says fucked up stuff but i still laugh and don't take it too serious or else i couldn't watch his scenes)

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

[​IMG]

This season has been very thought-provoking to say the least.:smt045

7. bonsaiiKITTEN

bonsaiiKITTEN New Member

I like this TV show for the simple fact it really brings to life some historical and literary pieces that otherwise might be lost to a generation.

8. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

The show is Satire....I think Aaron McGruder does an excellent job of presenting politics and culture

9. fromrussiawithlove

fromrussiawithlove New Member

I've only just started watching this, actually. I'm at the end of season one now so pretty behind everyone else!
    Took me a while to get into it, I hated the first episode but it's grown on me. When I finally get to the new season, I'll share my thoughts on it! Hah.

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

[​IMG]

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Saw the latest episode yesterday and I felt it was a little messed up especially the ending. I love the scene when Uncle Rukus gets beaten up by those three folks who was looking for Mr.Freeman.

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

The part about the "crabs in a barrel" was the main premise of the entire episode.

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I think riley was the one to call the police. He didn't want to get his ass kicked like the last time with aunt ester.

14. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

The problem with the show is kind of the same with BET. Kids should not be watching it. It is also a bad influence.They have said the n word so many times that I think they hold the record for any tv show. It teaches kids about the word and that is the bad part about. South park pushes the envelope too but with out using the n word. It does however open your eyes to how silly some people are. DMX's comment about barack obama becoming president and gay ganster loving.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Are you serious? The kids watching this show were dropping n bombs way before the show started. It comes on at midnight fam. The show is a great influence, it is so insightful.

16. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

Yup. Besides the show is not made for children, if children are watching it then that is on their parents, not the show itself. I love Tom, he is so corny haha.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah he's definitely me all the way too lol

18. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Just like most amine isn't intended for kids. Lol hell aside from the language The Boondocks is one of the most tame animes I've ever seen hah!

I have no thoughts on the new season though cause I haven't seen it. The first two have made my circle extremely amused, though, so hopefully
    the new season is just as good.

I find it hard to dislike the show as much as BET cause...well, they hate on BET pretty heavy in the show. Lol

At least, unlike South Park, the comedy
    is a bit more intelligent than someone sticking food up their anus. Now -that- was fucking stupid.

19. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

:smt045

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

A,also it was Riley who was upset that someone "snitched" to the police.