Your thoughts on the new Season of Boondocks so far

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Raul Sinclair, May 29, 2010.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

It was a funny episode. Read Tyler Perry fired his staff because of that episode last week.

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Where did you read it?

3. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Holy hell, was dude THAT pissed about it? Oh well. HA!!! :smt005

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They are definitely going hard. No homo.

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Thank you for saying "no homo". :cool:

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I guarantee we're gonna bring that back lol

7. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Read that also. I thought Aaron was going to far. At some points, you just laugh at the exaggeration. But if it wasnt wow:smt107 . The word is, that alot of secrets were given away and Tyler believes it was an inside job

8. DarkSoldier08

DarkSoldier08 New Member

Dang really I think Aaaron hit a nerve.

9. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Did anyone see the recent episode of Boondocks. "The story of Lando Freeman"

Something about that episode got me thinking. When Uncle Ruckus goes into usual self hating rant with Mr. Freeman. He says "let this be a lesson that no matter how much money you have, you will always be a nigga". I think thats how alot of people in this world see it. For Example, Oprah was not recognized when she shopped at that High end Paris boutique. The woman is a entrepreneurial billionaire and yet she was treated with no respect. Chris Rock said, "no white man would trade places with him" and He's RICH.

Hmmm.....I guess it just seems that no matter how much a black person moves up in society through hard work and determination. There will always be some white person above you. Smh....

10. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you've never heard this song before?

Maybe you forgot about it.

[YOUTUBE]I2IDWRpQRAM[/YOUTUBE]

11. archangel

Not everyone knows every famous person. How many people would actually say they would want to trade their looks for chris rocks? would you?

I mean how many people would disrespect the president.

12. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Your missing the point

13. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Mos Def is the man...I forgot about this track

14. archangel

I'm not missing the point. I am just tired of the complaints.

15. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

And I am just tired of the Mistreatment, Injustice, Prejudicism, Racism, etc

Not talking about it, doesn't make it go way either

16. archangel

I am tired of people talking about it. They have been talking about it for god knows how long. Do something! A lot of people have been talking about a black president(in the usa). Someone actually did something about it.

17. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Obama in the white house don't mean much. Yeah yeah i know what people will say. He gives young black kids courage and hope, and now the black youth can believe they can be whatever they want to be when they grow up. Or that he puts a positive image of Black people around the Globe. Look at the worldwide state of Black Folks How the hell I can do something about that. Can you? Give me a blueprint of how to fix the situation

18. archangel

Don't you get tired of people talking about it. How long has it been since they talked about it? Obama in the white house means more than what most people know. This last health care bill sent a large some of money to the hbcu's. Thing is no one noticed it. He got tired of talking about there not being a black president and did it. He got tired of HBCU'S not getting money and did it. It is not just his image but what he has done. Even nixon helped out black people and that guy resigned in disgrace(no image for him).

Everyone is hurting. You got it better here than some white people in russia. I have it better than my ex or her parents(both white).
    I know racism, prejudice, and bigotry is out there but you got to go through the government to end it.

Too little time was spent on black people voting for Barack and none on some of these black people stuck in this slave mentality that think we can't get any where. You know the type. They didn't vote for Barack Obama because he is black and can't be the president(DMX). No coverage on that! The man got elected on majority white votes. Like he said, I'm tired of talking about it.
    Now is the time for action!

I say Do something!

My plan is simple. I work on fixing stuff in my section of the usa. Everyone else should do the same. The thing is that isn't going to happen. I can't go help another person out in Chicago. My section might go to crap. That is on everyone else to fix their section of the world. I hope you paid attention to this section. I also hope you comment on this section because maybe my plan is wrong!

19. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Will Granddad ever find love? I'll find out on the next Boondocks.

20. archangel

Since we are talking about the community, I am going on a tirade.
    Plans to fix crap.
    1. Don't have babies until you can afford it(stop asking about why it has to be about the money when someone asks if you got a job. It is about the money! If you can't take care of a child then you got no business having sex.)
    2. Don't kick your children out if they have an early pregnancy. It is not my job to pay welfare simply because you were a lousy parent. That child is your project not mines. To kick your child out of the house and put both the child and grandchild into poverty is shameful on you. I think people who do that should be charged extra taxes to make up for it.
    3. Fix up the prison system. People pay taxes to have people corrected. All the drug addicts need to go to a working system to get detox. The parents of violent criminals should be charged higher in taxes. I didn't raise the child to be a criminal. Why should I or anyone else pay for it?
    4. fix the education system. Not everyone is going to a university and all of the majors should simply be known as trades or majors.If you are going for plumber, that is your major just like biology. no more white collar blue collar stuff.
    5. no welfare for the folks who are just lazy.

This will not only improve the black community but the whole system all together.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010