Your thoughts on the new Season of Boondocks so far

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Raul Sinclair, May 29, 2010.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I have a west indian(not a fan of calling it that) background as well. The country that my mom is from has been dealing with the usa longer than any country in the caribbean(or north america) so trust me when I say I know it. I have seen problems on both sides. Not all the white presidents messed things up there.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Tonight's episode was kinda weak.

3. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

I agree

4. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Oh really....

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Saw it last night and it was a little good. Wished Grandad had socked Uncle Rutkus in the chops for saying those words.

6. archangel

This episode was real good. It showed how some guys can mess up a good thing from too much baggage.

[​IMG]
    Yea boy

[​IMG]

7. dj4monie

dj4monie New Member

Not all? Well maybe, depends how old you are. Haiti has been victimized more by the US than any other Caribbean nation. From refusing to recognize them as a sovereign nation after successfully defeating the French, to US lead removal of Aristide by Papa Bush. Clinton brought him back to power but that was hardly benevolent, it was apart of his Neo-Liberal agenda.

The US doesn't have to destroy countries by sending its troops, it can do it with "International Trade Agreements", the International Monetary Fund, US based Private Banks (See Goldman Sach and Greece) and WTO agreements.

All this stuff is off the radar to most Americans because they simply don't care especially about other Black folk. Go back to the start of the Earthquake and watch the Mainstream Media, they hardly ever mention the US's roll in keeping Haiti Economically depressed. They also never mentioned the US's checkered past with Haiti either, they rather cover stupid comments by Pat Robertson who's been off the reservation for years now.

You can't trust the Main Stream Media to formulate an opinion anymore, period. Not even about Lindsay Lohan, who the court system is trying to make an example out of, yet can't convict a cop of murder of a Black Man, go figure.

8. archangel

Nice pick in a nation. That's the nation my parents are from. It does not matter if the USA recognized their independence. We recognized it and simply didn't care who did. The problem with haiti was not the usa. It was the leaders. We had so many bad ones that messed up the country. That is why I am not one of those usa messed us up candidates. I like how you used papa bush because one of the leaders that messed up the country was papa doc and his son. I'm not saying the usa is scott free(there is a letter from Thomas Jefferson telling Napoleon to not let us gain our freedom) but we would have been better off without some of the bad leaders that really messed up the country. Bill Clinton made a bad mistake in putting in a chrisitan religious man in Haitian office(40% of the nation does african religion). We still have our african religion(my great grandfather practiced it before my grandmother converted). It was and is a different place from the usa that loves European religion. Preval is a good example of a good leader in haiti but their has been so many bad ones that ruined the country. We have had few leaders chosen by the people. While I agree that the usa causes problems, There are still bad leaders that do more damage to a nation than any other nation could do.

9. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Ha cool, it would seem we are even more related Archangel. My parents are also from said Island. Foreign Intervention has crippled Haiti since Independence. We can argue that the nation has has bad leaders, but who helps put these men in power "The U.S". Haiti was the second nation in the Western Hemisphere after US to get their independence. Pre-Independece, they were the richest colony in the Western Hemisphere. If it wasn't for the racism that the world exhibited at the time, maybe Haiti would have been up there with U.S. as a world power. France will never give back the money we paid for Recognition. U.S. will continue to give improper Aid. The media has the nerve to say oh well Haiti is a failed state. They never try analyze the underlying problems that contribute to the failure of Haiti. When they do, Americans don't really care like we've said before. I am American but i don't think I can respect U.S Government and their policies toward the West Indies, Africa, or Latin America. They build Governments up and talk about Democracy and liberation but consistently undermine them every chance they get. Its not some coincidence that we have all this black nations with high rates of poverty and low rates of education. The world is trying to keep a system in place of WHITE SUPERIORITY and BLACK INFERIORITY. Its time for people of color Worldwide to band together and work to overthrow this system.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Never gonna happen my friend. As long as some do well they won't have any problem seeing most get fucked over. Its the way of this fearful world.

11. archangel

I got to disagree. Many of these people put themselves in power. Aristide was the first democratically elected president. Preval is doing a good job. He was fixing the economy. I think him and aristide(who should not of been president) are at odds.As bad as the earthquake was. We got a lot of money from it and if preval can use it properly then I think haiti will have a chance. Preval has to do it quick since he is gone for good in 2011. Hopefully, they elect someone who has an education and isn't a priest. Haiti was never a christian state and we need to keep it that way.

I agree with this except for Haiti being a world power. World powers are very dependent on how much people and land they have. Haiti doesn't have enough land or people to be it. Economically we got screwed but it is 2010 and we got a lot of cash from the earthquake. I think we can still go for the economically power. We are finally on the right foot with preval. I am just hoping 2011 gets an experienced person and not another religious nut.

improper aid? explain that. We made a big mistake in giving the money away but it is 2010. I think we shouldn't forget it but that is the last thing on the mind of the Haitian people now.
    No offense but you are absurd to think that a nation will talk about how bad they are. Even Haiti won't do it. It is all about image. You could point out that a black president in a majority white country is a good start. right?

12. justrying

justrying New Member

I remember this. Black on Both Side Album

13. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Yeah I know what you mean. Again I dont think Obama in the White House mean shit. We are in the boondocks thread, remember when Huey doesn't get excited for a Black President, neither should you.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  14. archangel

I think he is the beginning. Remember at the very least, He opened my eyes and the eyes of many black kids in my generation that will try harder to be president and or get in other positions. It certainly different from the 1800's and has slowily been changing. Progress always takes time. Huey is young and was only looking at just obama. If you look at the whole picture. It has changed very much so and is getting better in the states and was getting better in haiti before the earthquake(I have no doubt that haiti will get better with the cash it got and good leadership).

15. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

I hate to say it but sometimes I think Papa Doc wasn't such a bad leader for Haiti. I mean I know all the bad things he has done believe me. At the very least, Haiti had stability. I cant stay in a country that has a new President every year.

16. archangel

You made me laugh from the last sentence. I think every haitian has said that comment. lol I'm not saying he did everything wrong just like nixon but he could have done better for the bad things he did. Like I always say about a leader. I like the good stuff they do but hate the bad things they do.

17. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

I guess we'll continue the discussions once the new elections take place.

18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Tonight's episode was funny as fuck. Riley's little side comments had me dying.:smt042

19. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

"Aye Granddad, stop, snitchin'."

"Imma be the first nigga to be a blood and a crip."

Shit was hella funny.

20. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Kentucky fried flu...lmfao. One of the best episodes so far this season

"I'm a rapper, i don't know how to survive in the streets"- Thugnificient