Zombie Fans : Walking Dead Season 2 Starts Tonight.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, cause all those straight to DVD low budget formula schlock zombie movies that have been coming out over the last few years are just pure win.....:shock: :rolleyes:

I'm a big George Romero fan and even his last two zombie flicks were pure shit compared to what's been shown so far on this TV series.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Shawn of the Dead was the only straight to DVD that I loved but you're right most of them suck. Another good one is Zombieland. Really enjoyed it.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Co-sign. Those are the only two recent zombie movies not counting the Dawn of the Dead remake that were even worth watching. And both were comedy takes at that.

4. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Speaking of the Dawn of the Dead remake, they need to make a follow up. It did well at the box office, and ended in a cliffhanger yet it's seven years later and still no sequel.

If they can make a dozen fucking Saw movies and yet another corny ass Final Destination then they can make at least one Dawn of the Dead sequel.

5. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Someone told me about the show 2 days ago and since then I have watched all episodes that are out so far. Usually I am not even into zombie movies etc,but this one is pretty good :)
    Also hoping for more seasons and that the show will stick around for a while.

6. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Lol yea. They sucked the Saw and Final destination theme dry IMO. Saw got boring to me after the 3rd and Final destination already after the 2nd. There are some movies,that are still funny after a part 4 or 5,but those 2......are played out.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They made a straight to DVD version of Day of the Dead with Ving Rhames and of course it was crap and not a direct sequel of the Dawn of the Dead remake. I agree they should make a direct big screen Dawn of the Dead sequel properly titled Day of the Dead and pick up where the remake ended with the survivors and possibly touch up on the military/government attempting to find a cure to the zombie virus or at least that's what they claim they are doing.

Perfect example here with Be-you-tiful as to how and why this show is a hit. Getting someone who is not usually into zombies hooked on the series says a lot about it. :cool:

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I watched every episode...I gotta get up on this on my next two days off

:)

fringe is coming along nicely also

9. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Lol. I'd pay to see it for sure. And to think, I thought I was the only zombie geek on the board.

10. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

I really wanted to see this series but so far I've missed it because of working and not paying attention to what day and time it is. :smt012

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It seems like we have geeks for pretty much everything on this board from what I've seen. :)

Do you have a DVD player? If so you can get it on DVD or download it on your computer from Netflx or one of those other online TV/movie services.

12. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

Yes, I have a DVD player. I could sign up for Netflix. In fact, I'm going to. I've been wanting to anyway. :cool:

13. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

I love this show. Me and my husband have been watching it together since the first episode premiered. It's "Our" show. And then I love it that much more knowing it was filmed in my area.

14. While i am a fan of the show and graphic novel it's based on, the one black guy on the show T-Dog (stupid name BTW) is fucking USELESS. You can just tell he's bound to be zombie food soon. Hell, he even mentions it in the last episode.:mad:

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:smt043

16. satyr

satyr New Member

Finally watched it and the story arcs are shit.

The current one is boringly obvious with the young girl and boy finding peril in the forest. The moral being that parental love is a human mainstay during periods of high civilization, flesh-eating savagery, and everything in between. Yeah, yeah, yeah . . .

The black guy is a bumbling slug of a character and an unlikely reflection of how a real black man in America would react in that kind of situation.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

At least the racism is blatant in this one.

18. satyr

satyr New Member

I didn't say that, but the portrayal of black masculinity is markedly different from what you find in the zombie cinema of Romero and its various offspring. Black men are athletic and self-reliant in Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead, not in this series.

That may change but I doubt that I'll watch more of the series to find out. As I suspected, the premise doesn't allow for a great deal of story development. It's basically the same stuff every week of people trying not to be eaten.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

What about the brother man Morgan and his son from the very first episode that Rick was trying to hook up with? He seemed like a solid dude. Nothing like T-Dog that's for sure. Always a chance they could bring him back. :smt102

20. Which is kind of funny because zombie films are the one genre where the black guy actually makes it out pretty good, so to see one so useless here is puzzling.:confused:

Ra mentioned Morgan from the pilot ep who was actually a pretty cool character who fans have been begging for to come back but it's like they're dragging their heels with him.

Btw, the whiney blonde chick can catch it. :D