Zombie Fans : Walking Dead Season 2 Starts Tonight.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Oct 16, 2011.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I was hoping you'd know, I can't keep them straight lol! So much going on in TWD! Too much pressure!!

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

My money is on Glenn and his baby survives. It's very TWD.
    Not gonna lie it annoys me that anyone would choose to bring a baby into that shit world. They haven't even figured out trade or security and they want to have kids? WTF
    Neegan is very over confident that after killing a person's loved one that they'll just let it go and fall in line.

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I don't think the baby will survive. I can't see them working another infant into the show.

4. The Dark King

Judith won't be the lone child. They'll have a dead parent thing in common. Sounds alot like the shows writing.

5. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I agree. Too many kids.
    You have a point. Not enough kids.

Lmfao.

6. The Dark King

And with Jessies dumb ass kids eaten and gone it's necessary to have some representation of the future.

7. The Dark King

Anyone else wondering if Negan has forces that big why not just rush the Charlottesville compound?

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

That's the part that was unbelievable to me.

Rick and his crew raided the Saviors' compound and killed about 20-25.

Then Carol firebombed and killed about 10 more when she and Maggie escaped from being held hostage.

But in the season finale, Negan shows up with what looks like at least 50+ men.

Just hard to believe Rick and crew didn't know just how many Saviors there were out there.

And really, why wouldn't Negan kill ALL of them and take over Alexandria for himself??:smt119

9. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I think his supplies are limited hence the reason he didn't just raid Alexandria. But I do think they were making plans to visit and make that example. I don't want to kill them, he want to work for him. Like he said "you're no use to me dead".

10. Addolorata

Addolorata Active Member

It is crazy why anyone would want to bring a child into that world, but a post world doesn't stop people from getting it on, contraceptives or not. Do you give in or suppress it to avoid having a baby? lol

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't think they have limited supplies. If they did, Negan wouldn't be able to keep that many people seemingly loyal to him. He has to have some major leverage in various forms to keep people in line or loyal to him. Respect and fear can only get you so far, especially in the Z-Pac.

12. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

By saying limited, I meant they didn't have unlimited. He has a strict hand on things. Like the lady at that compound that lost a finger for stealing gas.

Wouldn't you be loyal if he came to your house of (let's say) 6 with 20 people and bashed a head in to make a example?

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ah....okay....I gotcha. You're seeing the same hints I'm seeing in how he's running things with his group.

14. The Dark King

Damn that's some Theon Greyjoy level loyalty because no way you kill someone I love and I just swallow it. Like him being in the open to mess with Rick's group would be perfect especially since it's dark and no one could pin it on me.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

What if any benefits he may be offering for loyalty outweigh any grudge or ill will some people may have towards him? Remember it's the Zombie Apocalypse, so normal civilized thinking or rules no longer apply any more.

16. The Dark King

You're right and I'm probably thinking way too much into it but I think about Jessie's son who was ready to kill Rick for killing his father even though his dad publicly murdered someone in cold blood and abused the shit out of his family. He just couldn't let it go even though Rick was providing safety for the whole community.
    I'm just thinking if this is common practice for Negan's group to just randomly kill one person to show he means business (which is why he probably chooses just men since killing women and children is unforgiveable for some reason) its weird that a bunch of them don't want his head.
    At least the governor had the appearance he was everyone's friend but how long do you keep a boot on my neck before I say fuck it especially if you murdered someone close to me.
    Just a lot to think about, can't wait to see the inner workings of his community.

17. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's more behind Negan and how he operates than we know right now. But I do understand how you're thinking. It would be hard for me to just fall in line with wanting his head if he bashed a member of my family.

18. The Dark King

Exactly or to even stay in line. The thing you have to respect about Rick is his people trust and love him. He doesn't just randomly dole out violence you actually have to cross the line in order for him to kill, he leads with a healthy balance of love and fear. This give me half your shit after I kill one of your loved ones shit is gonna get you a sniper shot to the face at some point or poison in your food or your bed on fire while you sleep.

19. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I would think he had a chain of command for that very reason. A certain group of people near him (something like the president) and the others more or less just scared servants.

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying. But, think about all the real world examples of vicious dictators throughout history. Some of them don't last long. They get taken out. But, some hang on for decades even though every one around them knows they'll crooked and evil. A guy like Negan could exist in a world like TWD and it's not that far off from reality.

The question isn't if they could come to power, but how long could they hang on to power.