Zombie Fans : Walking Dead Season 2 Starts Tonight.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Two Episodes Into Season Two and.....

"Today we are pleased to announce that the ‘dead’ shall live as we proudly renew ‘The Walking Dead’ for a third season on AMC and, globally, with our terrific partners at Fox International Channels," said Charlie Collier, AMC’s President. “We are thankful for everyone’s contribution in front of and behind the camera as we continue to make ‘The Walking Dead’ a unique television experience. And, we are so proud as it continues to set viewership records around the world.”

Info taken from The Wrap .com

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Holy crap has anyone seen last night's season finale? So worth watching.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yes and it was only the mid season finale. The rest of the season resumes in February. (Wish it was starting January like all the other shows going on mid-season hiatus) The drama isn't done with that farmhouse situation ,especially where it comes to Shane. I see possible major falling out coming involving him and the rest of the group if/when his dirty comes to light.

4. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I can see something big brewing after that last brewhaha - cant wait for it to start again. Maybe we will see a split of the group and some animosity between the two groups... I cant wait to see what the farmer will do.. there will be a repercussion I'm sure.

I kinda faded on this one but yesterdays episode kind of re-ignited my interest. I was this close to dropping it.

5. The Dark King

That image of Sophia coming out of the barn was crazy but it does make you realize how ridiculous they were being searching for her. I think the farmer wont do anything because. He is way too out gunned. No more pleasantries its all about survival now.

6. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I thought that was perfect.. I can see the farmer do something - if he can get enough people on his side, that's what I mean w a split of the group... I expect something big on the next episode:-D

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The fact that they didn't find her within the first couple of hours after she disappeared you just knew the resolution to her disappearance was going to be either finding her dead or as we saw her in last night's episode.

8. The Dark King

I have to admit like a dummy I hoped.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah there will probably be a different group dynamic one way or another by season's end. Between Shane's dirt & what went down with Sophia there's going to be a a shift with some of the group. That's one of the hooks with this show. People can get killed off or leave and new characters can come aboard. We still don't know what happened with the black dude Morgan and his son after they went their separate way with Rick or to Daryl's brother after he cut off his hand to escape from that rooftop.

10. Stheno

Stheno New Member

I thought was the best what he did... there was too many zombies on that barn
    most of the farmers there have no idea how to use a gun and how dangerous are...and if they had gone out i dont think they will had survived.. he did a favoured to them by done what he did..

maybe most will find him cruel but it is about survival anyways

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Walking Dead Webisodes.

AMC produced mini webisodes that take place in the Walking Dead universe but don't feature or focus on any of the main characters.

Here are the webisodes that were produced for Season One.

[YOUTUBE]Qajfj5wzcCU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XL9LbNJfebw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]dFMh9K6MHjQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]iAkvgq6vhYg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OBiRDmA-95s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NMlG1gA6aH0[/YOUTUBE]

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This Sunday: It's Back.

[YOUTUBE]Fr4AtqY8nmM[/YOUTUBE]

13. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Just curious. Did you ever see the Dawn of the Dead remake? If so, what did you think (as compared to the original)?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yes. Saw and own the remake on DVD and have the original on VHS (haven't gotten around to getting the original on DVD). The original had a more drama & suspense atmosphere and the remake was more intense and action oriented IMO.

15. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Yeah, to me the original Dawn is #1 when it comes to zombie movies.

The remake was good but it was so different from the
    original it could have almost been an unrelated movie.

So at the top of my "movie projects that will only happen when hell freezes over list", is a true Dawn remake. One that features the characters from the original. Also with some of the more memorable scenes updated ie; the housing project scene, the t.v. studio and the biker invasion towards the end.
    With the current effects technology and a good director these scenes could be more intense than anything produced in the horror genre in a long time.

The dream cast would star (you'd never guess) ...Will Smith (in the role of Peter). Now normally i'd prefer a cast of unknowns, but Will Smith would be an exception to this for two reasons...

1. As he gets older Will has an uncanny resemblance to Ken
    Foree (the original Peter).

2. According to IMDB trivia he and Ken are actually close
    friends. Which isn't really important, but cool nonetheless.

Check out the two images of Will and Ken for comparison. (Try
    to imagine Will in the blue Swat team jumpsuit for full effect.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Interesting. They do both indeed seem to have similar facial bone structure.

On a zombie side note Brad Pitt is reported to be starring in World War Z, a post doomsday zombie movie based on a horror novel. I haven't read the book myself but one of my buddies from work has and says it's a pretty good book. I think the movie comes out next year.

[​IMG]

17. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

World War Z was pretty good. Very intense and realistic feel to it (or as close to real as possible considering the subject matter.) It probably caused more than a few readers to start stockpiling ammo. lol

If the movie is R rated i'll probably check it out in the theater. If it's pg-13 i'll most likely skip it. Most PG-13 horror just seems watered down to me.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't see why they would make it a PG-13 movie considering all the other zombie related movies that have come out over the last several years have been R rated not to mention that The Walking Dead is pretty much no holds barred on their graphic content and it's on TV.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Season 2 finale next week. Some crazy and unexpected shit, especially the last two episodes.

20. The Dark King

Two main characters gone. So surprised by that. I would have sworn the black dude would have went way before them. I hope they do more writing for that dude