IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL. I had no idea Don Toliver & Kali Uchis were dating in real life. I follow Kali on IG & didn't even know she was pregnant until I saw your previous post in this thread.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

She hid it... well. lol.

3. darkcurry

Lexy Panterra - Part Time Lover (Starring Andre Drummond) (Official Music Video)

4. darkcurry

Camila Cabello - I LUV IT Feat. Playboi Carti (Official Music Video) ft. Playboi Carti

This video and song is so weird! lol!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Whoa, I'd forgotten about this one. I remember when this first dropped. In the suburbs of Detroit, we were dating interracially. So, we thought it was like that everywhere. We didn't realize how big a deal this was.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

That brother had his hands all over her. lol

8. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

You were lucky. lol

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. A lot of parents freaked out. One girl's parents had her institutionalized, briefly, for dating brothers. But, we did it anyway. We were all trying to be "Prince-adjacent." He had us interracial relationship crazy. It was like a fashion statement. ...lol

10. beeehave

beeehave Active Member

Music videos that are duets between white female singers and black male hip hop artists are generally platonic. If you or someone find an exception let me know.

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

You are so fortunate. I thought it happened for the athletes and rich brothers in Detroit and happened more in Canada across the lake. Never knew until the early 90's Jack and Diane was based on lR.