Al Horford Marries Former Miss Universe

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Darkseid, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Ms. J

Ms. J Well-Known Member

cosign, they're a beautiful couple

2. wldblk1

wldblk1 New Member

She is beautiful. With an ass like that you know she had to go black. Look at her waist to hips in this pic. [​IMG]

3. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

The pic doesn't show up.

4. Howiedoit

Howiedoit Active Member

Heck, few civilian marriages go the distance. Remember, around 50% of marriages end in divorce.

But I too wish them well.

5. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Now it does.

6. DenzBenz

DenzBenz Well-Known Member

Only if those lips could talk.

7. nocturnalmission

nocturnalmission New Member

Her body speaks volumes! And she is attractive!

8. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Lucky man, I hope the best for them.

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

He's telling the truth.

MANY Blacks in latin america are so damaged they can't bring themselves to admit they are Black.

10. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Look at it from their perspective, black people are seen diffrently around the world I've been to france and most people there thought I was middle eastern, I lived in Columbia for quiet some time and people thought I was dark skinned puerto rican, and of course in the states most people assume black. From my experiences I've noticed that most people outside of America consider black people to be literally black.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I think that Flame's point is they don't identify with any type of African heritage, they deny it all cost.

12. fexo

fexo Member

Tru dat...

13. blacklexus

blacklexus Member

This is true...however as a fellow Florida Gator to Horford from I know he has always identified himself as black and dominican. He was largely raised in America and his father is a ex NBA baller...his culture style and swag has always been represented American black..

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm no Hawks fan, but Al is winning.

Right. In Latin America, if you asked the question "Do you have any African ancestry at all?" you would probably get a more accurate answer. The word 'black' is taken to mean literally black (in descriptive rather than racial terms) or as shorthand for 'black American', so when they answer, they are often differentiating. But yes, there is also a degree of denial present as well. It is stronger in some cultures than others. In my experience, it is a stronger feature of Dominican culture than Puerto Rican or Cuban culture, and has a lot to do with how much openly African elements are present.

15. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Sad.

16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Cuba and Puerto Rico are more overtly African in speech, rhythmic patterns within the music, their African syncretic forms of worship, etc. Dominicans are not as into palo mayimbe or santeria and tend to be strictly Catholic or evangelical Christian.

This is how PR gets down:

[YOUTUBE]yT_eLlaeFN8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:cool:

18. wldblk1

wldblk1 New Member

Game over - Al, you win

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Anyone who does that can eat a dick

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Then dick is latin pizza cause that shit is popular down there.