Billy Porter wearing a dress to the Oscars. More embarrassing Black male emasculation.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Frederick, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Billy Porter.jpeg

^This bullshit is all over my social media timeline right now. The sisterhood and all the weirdo "woke" crowd acting like this Nucka cured cancer.

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 8.06.55 PM.png

This is why so many American Black men have major issues with insecurity.

The only time BM aren't being demonized these days is when they go out of their way to deny their masculinity. See that buck-dancing fucking idiot Terry Crews for reference.

The first brother to livestream himself getting castrated is probably going to be nominated for a Nobel prize.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. K

K Well-Known Member

smh

4. Frederick

JFC Here's another one. Do they not let Negroes who work in Hollywood wear pants anymore.

coon in a dress.jpeg

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

^^^^^
    I'm kind of ok with this one because they were doing a bit.

6. ThePrince

ThePrince Active Member

I honestly don't have an issue with this. I actually support this. More power to him! I'm not ashamed or embarrassed because of it. Even if it did, him wearing a dress has nothing to with my masculinity as a black man. Any brother who's upset by this, is already insecure in my book. This doesn't bother me at all because I'm plenty secure in who I am. And besides, why is it women can wear pants and wear men's suits, but man can't wear skirts and dresses? Strange world we live in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Well, Billy Porter is a gay man who is known for his work on Broadway, which should explain everything. In addition to that, some of his roles involve playing a drag queen (Kinky Boots, for example). The only thing that bugs me about this is how they love to promote brothas being as feminine as possible. But, will be in church calling this brotha a fag by Sunday. I'm all for adults doing what they want, but the sistas are really wishy washy with this shit. They don't want to end "Toxic Masculinity", they want to control it.

For example, I will use a work of fiction to illustrate my point. The First season of Luke Cage. Cottonmouth was a sensitive brotha who wanted to play music. But, because the uncle was on some R kelly shit, they (his sister and mother) forced him to kill the uncle. Those two women could have killed him, but they wanted to make cottonmouth toxic. Later in the years, they used his coarse behavior and drug empire to get the votes and position that they needed. The only reason why she killed him was because he was being toxic to her. She realized that she couldn't control his behavior anymore, didn't like what he had to say, and killed him for it.

That is the situation now. They love a roughneck brotha that will fight for them, or gun someone down for them. That's why they love hoodrats. But, they hate it when that same hoodrat turns that violence their way. It's fine if he kills, hustles, or beats anyone else... so long as he isn't doing it to her/women and he gives her what she wants. How many times have you heard, "a real man would"... It enforces the same so-called toxic behavior they complain about. But, it allows them to control it through manipulation. They are all basically full of shit.

Side note, For people who believe that gender is a social construct, they sure like to gender bad behavior... especially when it comes to black men.

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I don't care about the guy on the red carpet in the OP because I've never heard of him, but the dude in this pic presenting is the dude that plays Paper Boi on FX's "Atlanta". SMH, I'm glad I stopped caring about the Oscars the last couple years. It's just a big agenda fest.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Porter is straightforwardly gay and flamboyant, for absence of a better term. His sartorial style sense shouldn't make anybody believe he's a reflection on every Black male. The day I feel any man's clothing choices can affect my life is the point at which I'll begin questioning my straightness.

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True indeed. They love a brother feminized.

11. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with Billy Porter much like @meowkittenmeow it is about what others are doing and how they are promoting it when it comes to masculinity.

Do people not realize that this feminization of a man has pretty much the same tactics and stereotyping of what a man suppose to be that REAL misogynist tell us what a man suppose to be?

I mean they tell you about so call gender norms while trying to make this a gender norm. lol. Feminism doesn't respect masculinity especially a black man's masculinity because they see it as a threat which lets you know how toxic they are.

12. chamber

chamber Active Member

This dude wearing a dress doesn't bother me. If some random actor has got you triggered over this then your probably a little too thin skinned and sensitive.

There has always been black guys wearing some odd feminine stuff. Prince, Little Richard and Lakeith Stanfield to name a few.

Being Insecure about your own masculinity isn't masculine. There are way too many whiny insecure 'man-babies' out there these days endlessly obsessed with their own masculinity and constantly talking about being 'alpha males' when ironically all they do is cry about how hard being a man is now.

If you don't like the 'woke or feminist' crowd why do you even care what they think?

Racists are never going to run out of things to demonize Black men over so why worry about it?

13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

We discuss the “feminist” crowd in regards to their hypocrisy, double standards, toxic behavior, and how it affects us as black men. Something everyone has a right to do. The “if you don’t like it, just ignore it” has never worked for black men or for our community as a whole.

Aside from that, I agree with you. Let Billy or any man wear what they want.

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

15. RicardoCooper

16. RicardoCooper

How do you mofos embed a tweet in the body of the message here????

17. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You can't embed tweets on this forum. You have to take a screenshot of the tweet & post the screenshot. I use "Nimbus Screenshot & screen video recorder" web app extension (Than I upload the pic to imgur) when I wanna post a social media post on this forum. Google it, You can use it on both on Google Chrome & Firefox.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  18. Frederick

You should be able to take screenshots with the software built into your computers. On PCs, I think that command is control + print screen. On Macs, it's command + shift + 4.

After the screenshot is on your hard drive, you can upload it to the forum directly by using the "upload a file" button.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Frederick

It's a new day. Those brothers weren't committed to pushing negative stereotypes about other Black people to promote their personal brand.

This is the shit that I'm talking about from a UK Brother on Twitter:

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 7.48.07 PM.png

That motherfucker Ed Buck is literally out murdering gay Black men, but these people are fixated on Kevin Hart and this mythical "toxic Black masculinity" which is supposed to be the worst form of oppression on the planet.

Fuck, I don't even want to be in a position to defend a 21st century Stepin Fetchit type like Kevin Hart, but this campaign against him is fucking transparent.

There ain't no solidarity with these BLGBTs and Black "feminists." They try to advance themselves by destroying straight Black men.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's why we speak up and not shut our mouths and sit for this shit. They're still going after Kevin Hart. In a industry where we have seen white celebrities exposed for racism and blackface and get a ultimate pass they're letting you know how very little they care about racially offensive things towards straight black men unless a political edge.

We're suppose to forgive or ignore racism when it comes from their favorite celebs, but join them in denouncing homophobia? Don't work like that.