Conspiracy Theories...Have any?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, May 16, 2017.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I'd research this story very carefully.
    If N Korea had all this potential wealth from mineral deposits, why haven't they and China already mined it??

North Korea is a very poor country that couldn't survive without foreign aid from China and Russia.

North Korea is our enemy because they tried to invade South Korea during the Cold War and has never ceased hostilities against the United States.

There's always someone making money off wars, but in this case the Pentagon would be perfectly fine dropping a few nukes on Pyongyang and bombing them off the map.

3. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Most dictatorships that sit on giant piles of cash (in the form of oil or minerals or whatever else) exploit the heck out of those resources. For personal gain, of course, not for the good of the country, but the idea that a megalomaniac like Kim Jong Un (or his father before him) would hear about giant piles of money sitting underneath them and not brutally exploit it seems... uncharacteristic, at least.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  4. bodhesatva

A lot of times when conspiracy theories fall apart, it's because of reasons like the one Andreboba just listed above. For instance, there is a well known conspiracy that pharmaceutical companies have a cure for cancer, they just won't give it to us because they make more money off treating sick people than they would if they cured us.

But under scrutiny, that idea falls apart -- and again, not because we have to believe the best in people, but rather because people are selfish and self interested. Yes, it's possible a single pharmaceutical company might hide something from us -- but why would any competitor do the same? If I run pharmaceutical company A, and I discover a cure for cancer, my chief concerns are: 1) I can create this new drug and crush my competitors, who will lose huge sources of revenue because no one will want their cancer treatments anymore and 2) I can basically monopolize cancer treatment for the next decade+, due to drug patents, which will make me billions upon billions of dollars over the long run.

Yes, you could make the argument that the entire pharmaceutical industry is better off if nobody invents a cure (although I'm not actually sure that's true, but let's just roll with it for now), but individually each pharmaceutical company has a very strong incentive to find a cure and crush their competitors. Even if you tried to create some sort of secret cabal, there would be a gigantic, constant desire by each player in that secret cabal to break ranks, because the first company to break rank and actually release the cure would make gazillions of dollars and everyone else would be crushed beneath them.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Russia and oil comes to mind. Putin is a multi-Bllionaire.

6. bodhesatva

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Good post! You are a thinker. :)

8. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

You just explained why I don't believe in any conspiracy theories better than I ever could.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The Tuskegee Experiment was once thought of as a conspiracy theory.

So was Planned Parenthood, founded on the principle of eugenics and exterminating the Black race.

10. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Mrs Curves, was it NOT a conspiracy???

11. ColiBreh1

The Jimmy Dore Show just did a segment on this that explained it:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lace Shorts for men are the New for RompHim

http://mashable.com/2017/06/02/lace-shorts-new-romphim/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#_r7CviSkAmqM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Not for nothing, but compare the Black model's pose on top of everything else.)

13. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

14. andreboba

This vid is about the mysteries of the moon, but indirectly it shows what an effin MIRACLE planet Earth really is.

15. andreboba

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Damn!:oops: She out here tellin..

17. ColiBreh1

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

19. bodhesatva

Sort of, but not exactly. The Tuskegee experiments were done before informed consent was a codified medical standard -- meaning that in the early 1900s medical experiments could legally be conducted without even telling the patient that they were being experimented on. This happened rather frequently to dispossessed peoples -- not just African Americans, but other poor communities and *especially* to the disabled or mentally impaired. The horrible nature of the Tuskegee experiments were a big reason why today experiments cannot be performed on unwilling or unknowing participants, and also why test results cannot be legally hidden from patients.

So you can call it a conspiracy, and that's not entirely untrue, but it's not a conspiracy in the sense that they were hiding anything illegal. Unfortunately, medical ethics at the time were terrible. Sorry to interject, but I'm a nurse who has had a keen interest in medical history!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  20. ColiBreh1

Interesting conspiracy theory at the 9:00 minute mark about the elites taking out popular musicians back in 1950's-1970's:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017