Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

Most people I know got the hell outta dodge once they started making paper

It's a sad reality that doesn't really help black neighborhoods when your successful people take their wealth, education and whatever else they can contribute away

The poor just keep getting poorer, so to speak

Well

It's called 'Lynchburg' after all

Ur lucky they didn't take you out back and string you up

3. The Dark King

Very true and its unfortunate but we're there only group in this country that doesn't trust anyone who looks like us. I empathize with a lot of these people but when I don't feel comfortable parking my car or walking the streets its not place for me to live. I'll take my sleepy clean little suburb any day. We have pumpkin festivals and hay rides. Yonkers has detectives and crack houses no thanks.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It really is crazy, isn't it

I definitely extend a hand and courtesies when I can now, because growing up I was taught to fear/not like my own people

Working with blacks has really changed me because over time, my coworkers started to feel more like family and less like a negative stereotype perpetuated by the media

So, if I can do something to help brighten a day or forge a bond in the struggle, I will, because I know how shitty a hand we were dealt when it comes to race in America

5. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Shit, my mother couldn't wait to get me out of Cabrini when I moved back to Chicago with my dad.

I'm glad she did.

6. The Dark King

As you should be. All the people who flee here from worn torn and broken countries were never expected to stay and fix it yet there's this unfair burden put on blacks to fix neighborhoods destroyed by drugs and income inequality.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Blacks don't have to fix their own areas

Just leave it to whites

http://gawker.com/5784380/black-people-moving-to-suburbs-as-white-people-move-to-cities

As you guys move out to the burbs and decrease their property value, the whites are running back to the cities

It's like the ultimate game of cat and mouse

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

9. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I'm not denying that one bit. My parents worked to move out of those neighborhoods, not because they were predominantly black but because they were predominantly dangerous. When someone knocks out the power in the neighborhood and your father comes into your bedroom telling you to sleep on the floor tonight. That is not a healthy environment for a kid to grow up in. Many people aspire to what they are exposed to.

That said, I agree that we need to improve conditions in our communities or we will continue to lose 'our' neighborhoods. However, I certainly cannot fault anybody who looks to improve current conditions for themselves and their family, especially where opportunity and safety is concerned.

Successful blacks do and will continue to leave black communities. It does not mean we cannot still invest in those communities to make them more desirable. Blackonomic consciousness is at an all time low. We need more black owned businesses, circulation of the 'black dollar' through those businesses, and improvement in our schools for starters. You don't have to live in the community to contribute to its improvement, problem is it is all too easy to leave and never look back.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  10. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Very insightful post. :smt038 Well said. 98% in agreement.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Slam Huey Newton all you want

He didn't have his people hiding their faces

He wanted you to know who they were

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Video of the cop....no bruises visible. Cops said his face was swollen....

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

But everyone (on the right) said he had an orbital blowout fracture caused by a severe, brutal beating!!!

U mean it wasn't true?!?!!!

Wat about that pic circulating of him laying in the hospital bed with tubes in him n shit????

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

He healed quick. So quick he had the union atty the same day.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Someone cue foghorn, leghorn and his stuttering ass

Lol

Seriously tho so many news sites actually ran with the orbital blowout story like it was legit, that it made me sick

People were lying to justifying the killing of a black man.....Jim Crow, here we come baby!

18. The Dark King

To be fair NBC ran that 911 call where they said Zimmerman said coon and later we found out he was saying cold. The old news outlets are desperately trying to hold our attention that's why they do that bs. If we don't watch they don't exist.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol...funny tho....

Georgie's ole friend says that Zimmerman was indeed a closet nazi

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member